April 17, 2014 | 1584 users online

Palettes - Smashbox - Smashbox Develop Your Image Kit

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2004 9:00:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

Great value! i also picked this up from QVC and it is a great value. The quality of the products is amazing. I love the sample size of the foundation primer. It's the perfect size for travel. I also think the quality of the shadows is amazing. Richly pigmented and blends smoothly. The duo is a beautiful peach and dark rich chocolate brown. The single shadow is a beautiful burgandy shimmer. The colors for fall are supposed to be wines and this set really brings that out. the creme liner palette has all new colors except for staple black caviar. The other shades are fun. These still do smudge although the formula has been redone. the creme liners are better than before but still smudge under my eyes. Using a sealer helps. I love the teal color in here as well as the taupe. Great selection. The cheek highlighter duo is surprisingly good, a berry shade and a light peach highlighter side. I was surprised to see that it lasted all day long without fading and didnt break me out. I was a little disappointed with media lip pencil. Its a chocolate with berry undertones, its a nice color but i already have it. This one comes in a lot of smashbox sets! The lipstick and gloss are excellent. Doesnt dry out your lips and no funky scent. Oh and the brush is top quality. Overall, you cant beat the value of Smashbox sets, especially at QVC TSV prices. It works out to about $6 a piece and thats cheaper than drugstore for much better quality products! I also think this color collection will work for everyone, warm and cool.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2004 12:24:00 AM More reviews by KarenPie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was a QVC Today's Special Value in early Oct. 04 at a great price (around 42.00). Here's what was in the kit:
Photofinish foundation primer: I think it's about half the full-size, and in a tube, very convenient for travel. It's a great primer, silky smooth, really helps your foundation last.
Smashing Heroine eye shadow duo - a frosty peach color and a mocha color (looks very dark in pan but can be sheered out). Nice pair. Also, Smashing Ingenue single shadow, a sort of raspberry color, well maybe darker -a brownish rose, shimmery - nice.
Smashing Demure lipstick - this looks coppery brown very shimmery in the tube, but goes on a rich plum with lots of shimmer - I was glad, since I don't like brown lipstick. I like this lipstick very much for night-time, and sheerly applied for day.
Smashing Diva lipgloss - it's a peach color, lots of gold shimmer in it. Using it more for punctuating lower center lip, not full-on, and like it okay.
Smashing media lip pencil-brownish color, I don't wear lip pencil so no comment here.
Smashing femme fatale highliter duo: this is a dark rose color on one side, a bit shimmery - this works nicely as a blush - it is creamy, but not real creamy,more like a stain sort of. The highlight shade is a goldish-peach, pretty.
Also, a nice double-sided brush included, one for eye shadow, one for smudging - a very high quality brush.
And last but not least, the amazing Smashing Icon creme liner palette: ten colors, incl. a beautiful electric blue-violet color, khaki, turquoise, olive-gold, a beautiful lavendar, and others. I've tried most of them and really like these a lot. My favorite products out of this kit are the lipstick and the eyeliner kit. Also, this kit came with four sample packets of foundation (Seamless foundation): I liked the lighest one, but it was still a little dark for me (called bisque) so got a sample of the ivory at Sephora to try based on trying that sample. It's a nice quality foundation, esp. with the primer. I have bought quite a few Smashbox TSV kits from QVC over the last few years, and I am always amazed at the amount of product for the money. Also, I'm always intrigued to try new products/colors in what I think is a pretty impressive line (Smashbox). Though the TSV price is over, this kit is still available on QVC, just at a higher but still good price. Highly recommend. If you haven't tried the SB eyeliners since their early days, try again, they have much better lasting power than they used to.