Frederic Fekkai Glossing Shampoo

3.9

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Coco Betaine, Cocamide MEA, Polyglyceryl 3 Laurate, PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Decyl Glucosamide, Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acids, Olive Oil PEG 7 Esters, PEG 18 Glyceryl Oleate/Cocoate, Polyquaternium 10, PEG 60 Almond Glycerides, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Glycol Stearate, Panthenol, Methoxy PEG/PPG 7/3 Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Prunus Amygdalus (Sweet Almond) Protein, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Protein, Glycene Soja (Soybean) Protein, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Polyquaternium 59, Cinnamidopropyl Trimethyl Ammonium Chloride, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Fragrance, Benzophenone 4, PEG 150, PEG 150 Distearate, Citric Acid, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Red 33 (CI 17200)

on 3/5/2015 7:44:00 PM

This shampoo has an intoxicating floral smell, and it left my hair clean and shiny. Much like its matching conditioner, I found this shampoo to be thin, much thinner than other formulas I'm accustomed to. It lathered well enough, though, and as mentioned, the smell is fresh and a bit floral, and is most delightful. I'd wear a perfume that smells like this shampoo. All of that said, this shampoo is expensive, and I'm not convinced it's worth the money. I'm torn on whether I would repurchase or not. It's a nice shampoo. I'm not sure I'd be willing to shell out for it, though, as it was not a miracle product by any means.

on 12/19/2014 7:32:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I was going to give this 3 stars, because it is a decent enough shampoo.... But it broke the cardinal rule for me by not living up to its claim. A product earns it's stars by doing what it says it will do. While this cleans my hair without drying it out, it does not add shine or gloss in any way. Any product (especially an expensive one like this one) should live up to its promises. This one doesn't, and it's as simple as that.

on 11/25/2014 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This shampoo did make my hair visibly shinier which is great, but it also made it fall out! Each time I used it I noticed a significant increase in hair in the shower drain vs. my other shampoos. The bottle is nice, and the smell is a strong citrus which is pleasant and lasts for some time in the hair. Somehow it feels like a volumizing formula, in that you get the squeaky clean but stiff feeling after using it, it does actually volumize but it also creates some frizz.

The conditioner was nice and the glossing cream is amazing but I definitely wouldn't buy the shampoo again. If you have tons of hair, then this is great, but the expense of fall out was totally not worth it for me!

on 11/15/2014 7:58:00 AM

I'm normally a Suave/low end hair girl, so you can imagine my surprise when I used this shampoo yesterday. Wow. I got two full shampoos out of the sample packet and could tell right away when I rinsed it out that this was no supermarket brand. Well, of course not because it's all French and fabulous, right?

My hair washed out clean but lightly moisturized. I followed up with the conditioner (see following review) and applied a little serum with argan oil in it. It dried within minutes and once I smoothed it out with a not flat iron, it shone like glass. I don't get that level of shine with Suave. I just don't. The system definitely works with a hot iron to turn the hair into gloss. It did everything it said it would. After tying my hair down with a satin scarf, it looks just as fresh as it did yesterday. I could not place the scent - all I know it smells subtle, fresh and green.

I found a small starter kit on Amazon which I immediately put on my list. It was < $20.00 so I will just start from there before I think about the full sizes, which are running $20.00 each US. These products are fantastic.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got a sample of the shampoo and conditioner, very green smell, not in love with that but not overpowering. After washing my hair I immediately LOVED the way this made my wavy hair gloss, and it even dried faster, I air dry my hair. The best part? The next day for the first time in my life, I did not have to wet my hair to stop the frizzies and my hair looked as good as the day before. I have an HQ shampoo and conditioner! I am shocked at the price but I am still buying it.

on 8/16/2014 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got a sample of this shampoo by mail, by Target I think. First of all, I like the smell of this product. Like another reviewer said, it's light and green, something like bamboo or grass and soft yellow flowers. The smell is not at all overwhelming, but just light and clean! I like it a lot.

This shampoo and conditionner combo made my hair shiny and soft without beign overly greasy. I liked the way it made them feel, and I would purchase is eventually. It's a good product.

on 3/12/2014 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this. It smells great. I don't like the matching conditioner. it leaves my hair greasy. Not a problem with the shampoo though.

on 4/17/2013 1:02:00 AM

A small bottle of expensive shampoo that isn't special in any way. My hair feels like I used a bit of texturizing "surf hair" cream...not very nice... Also it's hard to get out of the bottle and doesn't lather/spread well

on 2/1/2013 10:31:00 AM

I want this to work for me so bad! I looove the scent and how smooth it feels when I massage it into my hair, but my hair is far too fine and oily for this shampoo. This would work wonders on thicker, coarser hair though.

on 1/27/2013 4:54:00 PM

Ok I bought this and I wish I didn't. Why? It is better than all the other shampoos. Yes, I have to admit, it makes my hairs look excellent. Yes, they look excellent enough that I will buy this again. And it's expensive. I didn't want to admit that this would work better than plain old Vo5 which I normally use. Well it does. It works better. Significantly better.

Top Rated Frederic Fekkai Products