September 30, 2014 | 1861 users online

Shampoo - Frederic Fekkai - Glossing Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this shampoo by mail, by Target I think. First of all, I like the smell of this product. Like another reviewer said, it's light and green, something like bamboo or grass and soft yellow flowers. The smell is not at all overwhelming, but just light and clean! I like it a lot.

This shampoo and conditionner combo made my hair shiny and soft without beign overly greasy. I liked the way it made them feel, and I would purchase is eventually. It's a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by kristyb114

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this. It smells great. I don't like the matching conditioner. it leaves my hair greasy. Not a problem with the shampoo though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by anpage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a favorite shampoo of mine. I splurge every once in a while and use it on weekends. The smell reminds me of olive oil and it really makes my hair shiny and soft. A HG for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by hanako20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A small bottle of expensive shampoo that isn't special in any way. My hair feels like I used a bit of texturizing "surf hair" cream...not very nice... Also it's hard to get out of the bottle and doesn't lather/spread well

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I want this to work for me so bad! I looove the scent and how smooth it feels when I massage it into my hair, but my hair is far too fine and oily for this shampoo. This would work wonders on thicker, coarser hair though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by MojoWorkin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok I bought this and I wish I didn't. Why? It is better than all the other shampoos. Yes, I have to admit, it makes my hairs look excellent. Yes, they look excellent enough that I will buy this again. And it's expensive. I didn't want to admit that this would work better than plain old Vo5 which I normally use. Well it does. It works better. Significantly better.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by CaptainJackSparrow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this shampoo for a few years now. Hair product junkie and have tried many different lines and have always come back to this one.

I have fine hair that sometimes will get frizzy. Also live in a very dry climate. This shampoo and it's conditioner leave my hair shiny, moisturized and NOT weighed down.

I have to say that I too feel the formula has been altered as it is not as good as it was a year or so ago which is why I did not give it a 5.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by twarren95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first review, and I can tell you, this product definitely earned it.
A little background- I have very curly African American hair, not necessarily dry, but very curly. I've tried a lot of products, and they've all done the job. I haven't been impressed until now, hence the review.
Anyway, I tried this just now and I could feel a difference in my hair while lathering. The first thing I noticed was the smell, which is very present, but light and green (think Daisy by Marc Jacobs), with notes of citrus. Lovely. My hair instantly felt softer and as I was washing, I noticed my hair was less tangled than usual. After rinsing, my hair was shiny, soft, and extremely manageable, which cut down my styling time immensely- a huge plus for me. This product is advertised to give shine and gloss to your hair, but it ended up doing much more for my hair that tends to break and look damaged and dry on the ends, although I must admit my hair feels smoother and glossier, and doesn't necessarily look shinier. The conditioner feels great in my hair, smells just as great, and I expect positive results from it.
If you're thinking about getting this product, do it. Seriously. It's a little pricey but the shampoo went a long way and went above and beyond what I hoped it would do- coming from a person who has tried everything (Wen, organic lines, John Masters, Ojon, ect).

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by SZQueue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had written a glowing review as well as an edit then.... the shampoo changed. I've seen color variations with lip gloss (Nars) and lipstick (Lancome) in the past but never such a drastic change in shampoo formula. Also, I notice a number of months ago Fekkai is no longer available at Sephora but in stock at Wal-Mart...

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by jaybird2405

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Maybe I had a bad batch (is that possible?.) I hate this shampoo/conditioner. I have never had a problem with a shampoo/conditioner until this guy. My hair was feeling a little dry so I figured something with olive oil by a good brand would help. No my hair turned into straw. Thanks Freddy.. You suck.