October 1, 2014 | 933 users online

Cleansers - Estee Lauder - Splash Away [DISCONTINUED]

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 5:09:00 AM More reviews by rakelpetersen

Very nice! But very perfumed... I only use this once a week, I think it would be too much twice a day. But I really think it is lux.. would def. buy again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 6:47:00 AM More reviews by dsogs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nothing, and I really mean NOTHING, takes my make up off my face as well as this does! I use this with my Clarisonic Mia and I have dry sensitive skin. I read that the skin is sometimes left feeling tight and itchy but I never had that even when I was on Roaccutane/Accutane.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by MissNue

I have combo skin and I really wanted to find a cleanser that wouldn't irritate one over the other. I will be dry through out the day then somewhere along the line be covered in oil. UGH. I HATE IT! But anyways, This cleanser is perfect. I usually moisturize right after I wash my face so I don't know if it dries you out as bad as people say lol.

But never the less, this is still my HG Cleanser. I absolutely love it. It leaves a squeaky clean feeling which I personally like. A little bit, like a pea size squeeze would go along way. The smell is okay, At first I wasn't sure I liked it or not, but I love it now =D

The only thing is that a tube is $20 w/o taxes. It is one freaking expensive cleanser but hey, you get what you pay for.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2011 7:05:00 AM More reviews by katsubrtova

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh my, I' ve wasted so much money on buying the whole kit (I mean the toner as well). My skin' s dry/combo and I get pimples from time to time, but overall I have just minor problems with my face and I can bare a lot of products which are said to be rather harsh.
Anyway, I can't help but say this thing sucks. It left my skin awefully dry, tight and - which is the worst - red as if I had a sort of a rash. After using it for about 3 months I quitted, because my skin was in a very bad condition. I developped quite an annoying acne. Now my skin's almost flawless, but I would never ever use this thing again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Ethabella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It isn't too bad, a really tiny amount goes a long way. It lathers up really great.

However, it is heavily perfumed. It's not a bad scent, but I don't like the fact that it's in my cleanser. My skin has been dryer than normal lately, and breaking out at the same time. I know I can't blame just the cleanser for them but for the dryness I'm pretty sure. Probably won't be getting it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Greenidgurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser. It is what I use everyday and it works just fine for me! It's great!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2011 3:19:00 AM More reviews by cvibha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

m mostly using estee lauder range since EL's cyberwhite face wash was out of stock so i got splash away , but it turned out to be a very dissappointing product , my skin got so dry rough n itchy after washing my face with it ( i hv normal skin n the face wash is also for normal skin) i hv discontinued using it n now m using chanel purete gel , which is really wonderfull .....leaves my skin soft though its gelbased

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by haidehh

Good cleanser however its to drying in my opinion.I don't like the fact that it feels like everything on your face is gone, like all the protective barriers etc. will not repurchase

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 4:20:00 AM More reviews by colourfulapple

I bought this as part of a gift set. I've been using it for over three weeks. What can I say about it?
It has a strong scent similar to that of Hydrationist. I find it rather disturbing that it is so strongly scent --> many possible irritating perfume ingredients. It cleans okay and is not too drying for my combination. Also, it does not cause breakouts.
Conclusion, it's not worth the price. You can get drugstore cleanser such as Purpose and Cetaphil that does the same job.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by teago

I really really really enjoy using this cleanser!

I got this in a GWP when I purchased double wear foundation. 50ml is going to last me 2 months at least because you only need a teeny tiny amount, less than half a pearl, a mere smudge to create a creamy lather for your entire face.
This could be some users problem, if you have combination skin and its really really drying your skin out? You literally need a ridiculously small amount.

Its quite a concentrated, pearlescent mousse formula.

When I was rinsing my skin felt 'squeaky clean' but still fairly comfortable. I kind of enjoyed this as I have developed a bit of congestion so hopefully this well help to clear it up.
Packaging....I wish it was in a flip top lid.Though in the full size its a gold cap (i believe) which I kinda like..

In Australia this is expensive! But, if its going to last me so long I dont mind. Plus they seem to offer it in the majority of GWP's so if Im buying foundation I will almost get some of my skincare for free!