October 31, 2014 | 1112 users online

Pressed Powders - Smashbox - PHOTO MATTE anti-shine pressed powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

This pressed powder is exactly what I was looking for to keep in my purse for on-the-go touch ups. It has a natural matte finish and makes my skin looked polished without drying it out. I love the elegant, sleek packaging and the small sponge that comes with it. I'm taking one lippie off because I agree with other reviewers that it's a compact with a small amount of product compared to other brands. Because I was looking for something to keep in my purse though, the size is perfect and I think it should last a while. Highly recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by alexissom

I do not recommend using it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2007 12:34:00 PM More reviews by hounddog1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really expensive product for such smal amount 3,5 gr.

I have this in 2 and it is really light color. The reason I dont like it because it makes me look really powdery. I am used to Cliniques gorgeous powders that never look that way.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2007 7:02:00 PM More reviews by heythatsmyjuice

The packaging is really simple and sleek. i applied this with a powder brush and it looked fine at first. the coverage was a little heavier than i'd like and it settled into my pores and really amplified them. Doesn't really do a good job of mattifying and it's kind of heavy for a powder. after a couple hours i noticed that the color got a little orange. this is not a very good powder in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2007 4:55:00 AM More reviews by notshallow

This powder is average...it does it's job as just a powder but does not give a photo matte anti-shine finish. It doesn't sink into lines and it's very fine and light. It gives a nice finish to your foundation but not useful worn alone.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2006 9:29:00 PM More reviews by ipathgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay so I picked this stuff up a couple of weeks ago while on my search for my HG touch-up powder. It comes in a slim, generic smashbox rubber compact with a mirror and black sponge. I had high hopes for this product to do away with mid-day shinies. I applied the powder with a nice fluffy retractable brush instead of that flimsy sponge that's included. I was shocked to see that it accentuated every single pore on my nose and was really cake looking and caked up around my nose even AFTER blotting first with blotting sheets before applying the powder. Needless to say, this was promptly returned. Not a keeper for me!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2006 1:22:00 AM More reviews by LeaLei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great powder! I don't like to wear foundation much, so I don't need a heavy duty powder. This stuff gives me a more 'polished' look, and prevents any oilies. My only gripe is the teeny tiny little sponge that they provide as an applicator. Its way too small, and it needs that fabric backing that powder puffs usually have. I will most likely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2006 1:57:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am still testing this out.
I use mineral makeup but i use cream concealer around my eyes and needed something to set it that wasn't too drying. well the ingredients looked good so i figured why not. I am only using around my eyes for right now but may try to set my minerals with it during the summer when i'm a little oilier. i am combo/sensitive/acne prone. i use it in #2 and thought it would be too light but it's not at all. it is a little expensive but i don't think i'll use much at a time and i love the case it comes in- very sturdy and so thin- perfect to fit in a bag. will update.

Ingredients:

Light: Talc, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Dimethicone, Lithium Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red Iron Oxides, Yellow Iron Oxides, Black Iron Oxides, Ultramarines.
continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2005 7:15:00 AM More reviews by nata779

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's o'kay but the color range (3) and the price for that amount of product are just rediculous. I won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2005 7:56:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

Would work as a replacement for Blot Powder, except at $38 CDN is just not worth it (especially with that thin, tiny sponge that comes with it!) - it's no better and no worse than the $20 MAC. It does give more coverage than Blot Powder, but then, the reason I go with Blot and not a conventional pressed powder is that I don't want any more color or coverage, just something to take away shine. However, it does work as a great setting powder... which gives me reason enough to purchase. :)