October 1, 2014 | 2015 users online

Fragrances - Origins - Cocoa Therapy Instant Chocolate Fix

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by FiaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Although it's not "full-on" chocolate, kudos to Origins for making a pick me up oil from natural essential oils; cocoa, coffee, vanilla, mandarin, lemon, orange, clary, cardamom and ginger. (Which are the first 9 ingredients) If it were marketed as cocoa orange it would have been closer and less likely to disappoint. I like it, but don't love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2008 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Cymbaline

I never purchased this product. Instead I tried it at the counter and was not impressed. The chocolate smell was very fake smelling. I wanted to like this product because I love,love the smell of chocolate but alas! It was not to be :(

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2006 1:27:00 PM More reviews by lizhorvath

I really wanted to like this product. I even tried convincing myself that I liked this product, since it is a cool idea, and I paid full price for it. But I don't like this product. The smell was just ok ... I really would have liked a deeper, darker chocolate scent. The smell was very toostie roll, which would be nice if you are a big tootsie roll fan. I liked the roll on packaging, but I didn't like that the vial was made of glass. This product met its untimely death when it fell 3 feet from my pocket to my bathroom floor and shattered, drenching my bathroom in tootsie roll aroma. If the vial was platic, or if the chocolate scent was darker, I would have been happier with this product. Not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2006 10:24:00 AM More reviews by amybecca

The smell is wonderful, which is why I just had to buy it when I was at the Origins store. Sadly, I agree with others that the scent, by design, doesn't last long as it's only supposed to lift your mood. I guess I need more mood lifting than the product is designed for! It's more mood lifting to simply smell the container than to apply it, as the application is disappointing when it disappears in a few minutes. I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2005 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Dragun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

In a petite, .24oz. glass bottle with a chocolate colored metal cap, I had enormously high hopes for this product, as its been on my wishlist for many months. I finally managed to get my hands on it.Let me first say that I knew in advance this was a "pick-me-up" and not meant to be a long-lasting fragrance. As such, its lovely. The cocoa is the top note, predominantly chocolate, not too sweet and mixed with a hit of orange or some citrus. It dries down very quickly into a mainly orange scent. The base notes smell to me only of citrus, which is disappointing, as this is "Cocoa Therapy."
I wouldn't re-purchase this, and I'm glad I didn't purchase it new and full price in the first place. Within five minutes of application, the scent is down to a weak lemon-y musk.
The bottom line is there are far better chocolate therapies from etailers, or, for that matter, B&BW even. There are cheaper alternatives with better staying power. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2005 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Africanbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This smells absolutely delicious, I cannot wait for the eau toilette or the body spray at least, and it smells like TOOTSIE ROLLS lol! One of the few chocolate scents that smells like actual chocolate (so to speak),I love it, the staying power sucks but let's hope they come out with something stronger.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2005 7:05:00 PM More reviews by nancybridget02091979

This is actually my second roll on of Origins Cocoa Therapy. (The first exploded in one of my bags.) It smells like a rich, creamy hot chocolate with a dash of coffee in there. I agree also with the others who detect some orange. Again, it does not have much staying power, but it's not supposed to, hence the phrase, "instant chocolate fix". I think that's nice, however, because you can roll it on over other perfumes, and it changes them for just a little bit. I like to wear it over Escada's Ibiza Hippie...so yummy! Overall, it's a fun chocolate scent when you're craving some Godiva and being a good girl.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2005 2:33:00 AM More reviews by nightqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I want to clarify that this product is not a fragrance. It is a pick-me-up roll-on, with essential oils designed for you to get a quick choclate fix, and lift your spirts. So for that reason it's only meant to last for a little while. While it lasts, there are chocolaty orange notes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2005 7:20:00 AM More reviews by cadela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried this at the counter yesterday. I was looking forward to it after the TBS Chocolate Orange disappointment. While this is definitely many times better than TBS, I was a little disappointed (again) that it wasn't a rich dark chocolate scent that I was looking for. It smells like cheap chocolate (think Calbury) to me. The smell did grow on me though, after a while. But when I finally decided I kinda like it, the scent disappears. And that's really something because even Serendipitous (which supposedly have weak staying power) lasts on me. Well, I *might* get it though, when I feel desperate enough. Edited: I tried to roll on more of this stuff at the counter yesterday but the same thing happens: zero staying power. pooper.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2004 3:53:00 PM More reviews by zangreen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

While I really love the smell, the total lack of staying power will probably keep me from repurchasing this. To me it smells like a Terry's Chocolate Orange. The cream's lasting power is a little longer. Maybe they'll get the hint and make an Intense of this scent like they did with the Ginger Essence.