July 23, 2014 | 1905 users online

Concealers - L'Oreal - True Match Touche Magique

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Amaris392

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this collection from L'oreal. it matches my skin perfectly! It goes on smoothly without a hassle, it doesnt crease and stays on all day. Make sure you set it with a powder or mist, like any under-eye products.
Enjoy,
XOXO

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 7:24:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really good concealer that I find I can apply to my undereyes as well as other parts of the face. This is a rarity so it's a keeper. It doesn't look powdery or settle into creases - just natural. My colour is Natural Beige 03 and I'm currently about NC30. Just a little setting powder keeps it in place.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by seasonsx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use this stuff daily on my undereyes because it really makes my dark circles go away. I have purple undereyes, so i use ivory beige and it lightens up my face! Although i need to reapply it from time to time, it's the closest to an HG product i've ever been !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2014 5:31:00 AM More reviews by judiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this!

I'm really big into contouring lately and this is just perfect to highlight. I do not use this however to really hide my dark circles.

I'm quite fair NW15-20, MUFE HD 115, and the color C1-2 is too light for me to conceal.

I first use a bit of peachy corrector under my eyes then I move to foundation. I then apply this under my eyes in a reverse triangle shape, from the other corner of my eyes to my nostril. I also put a pit on my chin and lower midle forehead to highlight.

Please note that this is quite pigmented if you use it to highlight use sparingly. I like that the texture is not to creamy or moist and it really stays put.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by 26cyj58

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is excellent. In my opinion, it beats Touche Éclat and the Dior Radiance Booster Pen. The afore mentioned products have had a tendency to settle and show up and (pardon the pun) 'highlight' any fine lines or wrinkles I have in the under eye area.
Not this. It immediately absorbs into the skin and highlights beautifully, instantly brightening up the area and the result is more rested, glowing skin.
Would definitely repurchase. Although in the summer obviously I need a darker shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by emilyoconnor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the coverage this concealer gives! It's way too expensive for the amount you get, though. And I'm not a fan of the packaging either. It is one of the best concealers I've used, it's just quite pricey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by sofaloaf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is a great illuminating concealer that doesn't sparkle or noticeably shimmer, and it was scent free. I would say it has about medium coverage, but is a thin enough formula to layer it without getting cakey. It is smooth and easy to blend with either a brush, sponge, or fingers. I use it primarily on my dark circles and purple veins on my eyes, but it actually works pretty great for covering blemishes when needed. I also like to use it around my lips to create a clean line when I use lipstick. I rated it 5 lippies, but I don't think I'll be buying this again.

It works well, but didn't totally blow me away enough for the price per quantity. There was hardly any concealer in the click pen it comes in, and I used the product lightly, yet it only lasted one month. For comparison, it took me 4 months to finish my tube of Rimmel Match Perfection.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by glossncurls

This is my first review on Makeup Alley. I ended up purchasing this product due to the high rating on here. I absolutely LOVE this. its comparable to MAC Prep & Prime. i actually compared them side to side! there is a SLIGHT difference in shade. i bought Ivory Beige and LOVE it. price was $10 CDN from Target, definitely recommend works great as a highlighter and concealer! fantastic if you wanna highlight and con our your face!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by nichdizzlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This definitely is a great product. My under eye circles are concealed and the highlighter does well. There are no cons about this product, just the price that is why I do not want to purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by nreid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I read a lot of reviews about this concealer and Maybelline's Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer. I decided that I would give this one a try first as it seemed to have more positive reviews than Maybelline's concealer.

Despite the name "true match", none of L'Oreal's products in the True Match line actually match my skintone (and they sure as heck don't self-adjust either). I'm right in between W2 and W3. Since the W3/W4 Touche Magique concealer is too dark for me, I have to use the W1/W2 shade. When first applied, it does look a tad bit too light on me. But once the rest of my makeup is on, it seems to blend right in with everything and doesn't make me look washed-out.

As a concealer designed specifically for use under the eyes, and as someone with particularly dark hereditary circles under my eyes, this concealer does a pretty darn good job at hiding them and helping me look less tired overall. The coverage is good enough to hide my circles but the texture of the concealer is not so heavy that it ever looks cakey. It's not oily or too dry either. It's a very workable consistency and blends very well.

It creases only so slightly, which is pretty amazing given that every single other concealer save for one other that I've tried always creases and migrates into the lines under my eyes no matter what the concealer's claims are to the contrary. I've tried pot concealers that require a brush, creamy pencil concealers, stick concealers, concealers with applicator wands, mineral powder concealers, concealers in tubes, roll-on concealers...yep, I've tried many of them. And this one stays right where it's applied for the most part. If you have naturally occuring lines under the eyes that aren't age related, then you know what I'm talking about when I say almost no concealer of any kind won't end up in those lines at least a little bit. And this one does too, but so minimally that I'm very pleased with it.

Unlike some of the other reviewers, I can't comment on whether or not there is enough product in the tube to justify it's higher cost. I don't use this concealer on a daily basis, as I swap it with Garnier's Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller. But I do use L'Oreal's concealer several times a week. I bought it two months ago and though I have no idea how much is left in the tube, it still comes out whenever I turn the base to advance the product. One click is all I need, and I don't even use the full amount that comes out in the brush bristles.

I do quite enjoy that the concealer comes in a compact pen-like tube. It doesn't take up much room in a small makeup bag. It's also got attractive packaging. The brush bristles are quite soft and don't irritate the skin under my eyes like some similar brushes in other brands have. I've also never had a problem with the product not advancing when the bottom of the tube is turned.

While I'm curious enough about other concealers of this kind that I would explore other options, I would certainly be disappointed if L'Oreal ever discontinued this concealer. I may just buy it again in case any others I try end up being trash-worthy.