Strange Invisible Perfumes Trapeze

3.0

on 3/26/2008 1:17:00 PM

Trapeze- This smells like a spicy little carnation. It was not complex at all but with SIP's Tour d'Ivoire on my other wrist, I certainly preferred smelling this.

on 7/31/2005 5:30:00 AM

I have a fear of heights. Consequently, I view trapeze artists as being incredibly daring and bold. I'm afraid I'd only get on one after many long sessions with a phobia specialist (preferably a hypnotist) and even then I'd still probably have to have it rigged so I was never more than five feet above the ground. Obviously, I'm sadly lacking in any sort of intrepid spirit when it comes to heights or trapezes. My version of a fragrance named Trapeze would probably have included only the nice, safe notes of tuberose and carnation. Maybe not even the tuberose. Yes, a real yawn. Fortunately, Ms. Balahoutis has a far more adventurous spirit which is evident in that she included vetiver and spearmint with those floral notes. It may not sound appealing (and obviously it doesn't work for a couple of the reviewers below), but on my skin, much to my surprise, it worked beautifully. I agree with Paschat that it has a certain similarity to JAR's Shadow, most likely due to the mint and clove/carnation notes. However, Trapeze is much more floral and less cool to my nose. Shadow conveys a sense of being in the coolest, darkest part of an ancient medieval church, but on me Trapeze is considerably warmer, spicier and sweeter. Unlike the reviewers below, I get a very distinct, sweet notes of tuberose and carnation in the opening. As it dries down they are enveloped by the earthiness of the vetiver and the clear freshness of the spearmint - as if the floral notes were on a trapeze between earth and sky. I certainly will never get on a trapeze, nor am I particularly interested in watching trapeze artists, but this scent is one I definitely would enjoy wearing.

on 2/3/2005 3:37:00 PM

Well, the website says "Colorful essences of tuberose and carnation come alive when paired with vibrant chords of vetiver and spearmint in this spirited and exhilarating fragrance."

My notes say "Interesting + gum = blech." But that's the kind of review I hate. Let's just say that I am a big time tuberose lover, not so much on the carnation. So when I put this one on and got an interesting mix of lovely tuberose and spicy carnation, I thought it might have some promise. Then the spearmint kicked in and we never made it to vetiver. It was like wrigley's spearmint gum mixed into a nice and interesting fragrance. I mean, tuberose and SPEARMINT?!?! What were they thinking? That's just wrong.

Overall, really not impressed with any of the 8 fragrances I've tried of SIP. They are strange. And invisible. Except when you want them to be invisible, in which case they tend to hang around.

Popular Fragrances