November 24, 2014 | 895 users online

Eye Shadow - Clinique - Color Surge in Desert Sun

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by facegal

What a great shadow! I'm so glad I found this thanks to MUA. It is a great everyday color which is exactly what I was looking for. Not too shimmery, and a go-with-everything, very wearable color. It's great by itself, but I also love it with Foxy in the crease. I was so disappointed in some higher-end shadows which were way too shimmery. This has just the right amount. I have dark brown eyes and hair and light olive skin, but this looks like a shade that would look great with any coloring. I should mention that I use it over UDPP as a base, so of course it stays put all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by CarlyCut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My FAVORITE eyeshadow EVER! The finish is incredible, so illuminating, I was watching The Seven Year Itch the other day and realized that this looks like the color that Marilyn wears all over her lid to give the whole eye area that natural glow and subtle shading. It's a beautiful light/medium pinky-beige, but still quite neutral. Whenever I go into Clinique I buy at least two of these at a time and I don't stop to look at anything else! I don't like to think about what would happen if this color is ever discontinued....probably the Apocalypse...or worse!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by cwinter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

see review from fatbottmdgrl for an accurate color description. Beigy pink with light shimmer. Nice every day shadow Great for inner corner or all over lid. 5 for color, staying power took one star away because there is light fallout from the shimmer so I have to clean up under my eyes. Packaging is only a 3 because it's heavy for a single eyeshadow, the mirror is miniscule (useless) and the silver lid cover gets fingerprints all over it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 11:35:00 AM More reviews by miserlymom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

desert sun is the perfect grab and go eyeshadow. Its got enough color to it to see that I don't have a nude lid, but it also doesn't draw attention and scream that I am wearing eyeshadow. It doesn't have too much shimmer. It blends nicely, goes on with a light wash. I do have to use a primer, but I have very oily lids and must do this with every shadow I wear. Will I buy again? I will if I ever run out and as long as they are still carrying it

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by MissTorg

This is my go-to everyday e/s. I'm on my second purchase...and I still love it. Texture is great, and dispite my oily lids, it does not crease. It has a beautiful beige-pink not too shimmery color. The color is absolutely different from Lucky Penny. I have both, and will actually use Lucky Penny in my crease for more definition on my heavier makeup days.
Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 8:21:00 PM More reviews by ohiopirate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking for an eyeshadow color that I could just throw on without having to blend in multiple colors that was not overly shimmery/glittery. The SA pointed out this color and I bought it. It is exactly what I was looking for. It has enough pigment to stand out, and enough shimmer to highlight my eyes with out going overboard. It looks like I'm wearing some kind of eyeshadow, but not a noticable color. This looks great with a dark brown eyeliner and I sometimes add a darker brown shadow to my crease for more definition. I will defintely repurchase whenever I run out as long as Clinique does not discontinue it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2008 2:11:00 PM More reviews by darcy123

A great everyday shadow. The colour has been well described by previous reviewers. It's not dramatic, but it compliments my brown eyes nicely and gives me a bright summer glow without too much shimmer. I wear this with a primer and find that it does crease a bit by the end of the day (but I have oily lids and most other shadows do the same on me). There is a lot of product in the pan but I would repurchase this shade if I ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2008 9:40:00 AM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is Lucky Penny's younger, slightly shyer sister. It is a subdued, soft beigy pink shade from the "soft" shimmer line. It is not anything that is going to have people saying "what e/s do you have on" but it will give a lovely, soft pop of color to the eye and make you look "awake". I like it paired with a nice brown eyeliner, like clinique's chocolate lustre. I use it over MAC paint in Bare Canvas which is what I use most of my e/s over. If you want a nice every day e/s to wear that does not require alot of thought (you know, a go to, when rushed or tired), this shade is it.
NOTE: I am a Clinique SA, so to repurchase, it would be free.
$13.50 US retail

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2007 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Orwell

This is a great colour for everyday. I wear this as a base with NARS Corfu in the crease of my eye. It is great, and, unlike another reviewer, I find that this is quite different in colour to Lucky Penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2005 9:16:00 AM More reviews by tb_macpherson

Oh my gosh, how was I lucky enough to receive this as part of a GWP?

I cannot wait to use up my current shadow to use this everyday. This lovely light brown/beige shade blends beautifully into my skin and you wouldn't know it was there if it wasn't for the silky shimmer that radiates.

It feels so creamy when applied too, I think I'm in love...