Philosophy The Gingerbread Man Foaming Bubble Bath & Shower Gel

2.9

I love this stuff! My mother gifted a big fat bottle of the stuff to me for the holidays, and though it smells absolutely NOTHING like gingerBREAD, I smell a ginger-ish fragrance when I use it... ANND an unmistakeable but very distinct smell of Mountain Dew. Call me crazy! But it smells very highly carbonated and sugary and soda like to me. Which I personally enjoy because it's a very weird, unique and cool fragrance. I've never used it as a shower gel, just as a bubble bath for a good smelling soak. As a bubble bath it works great. Leaves my skin lightly fragranced, moisturized and soft. I just love it. And the cute little saying on the bottle is very cute and this is just a loveable product, as are most Philosophy products. I WOULD repurchase, despite normally not paying that much for bubble bath, only because the scent is so unique and I've never smelled any bath product even close to it. Other than that, if it were just another foodie/vanilla/cedar/sandalwood type dessert-ish fragrance, I'd probably avoid. It's an excellent gift though!

on 1/28/2013 4:11:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Very disappointed. Although I liked the scent it did not linger at all on the skin. Very expensive considering the smell didn't last and the glitters do not stay on the skin. The packaging is adorable but the product did not live to my expectations

on 12/30/2012 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I really like the scent of this, just like a Gingerbread Man cookie. Reminds me of me of my childhood. I'd repurchase this for Winter, & the Holidays.

on 1/15/2012 7:09:00 AM

I like this one alot. Its not a gingerbread cookie smell though. Its more of a fresh gingerale smell. Very sparkling to me. I like to mix it with Cinnamon Buns because I like the extra moisture from that one. Smells wonderful. Gingerbread Man is not overly sweet. Its comforting and fresh. I gave these as Christmas gifts this year. Everyone loves it. I think the whole family could use this one too. Its not overly feminine. I will repurchase.

on 8/30/2011 1:58:00 PM

Smells like the holidays. Not too much like gingerbread but it still smells sweet and nice.

on 7/14/2011 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Nice smell, although not as strong smelling as the Origins ginger range so think I'd probably buy that over this Philosophy product.

Otherwise, a nice shower gel that doesn't dry my skin out.

on 11/29/2010 12:11:00 AM

PROS: Delicious, comforting scent. Reminds me more of actual ginger than gingerbread. Not a masculine or feminine scent. Decent suds.

CONS: Not very moisturizing (but not drying either.) Doesn't remove antiperspirant very easily.

on 11/28/2010 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this in a gift set as my Sephora beauty insider 500 point gift. I guess in reading the reviews it's supposed to be gingerale scented, but whatever it was I liked the scent (in the minority I guess?). It bubbled up REALLY well and made my skin super soft. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is because it's kind of pricey for a bubble bath and I tend to enjoy more vanilla-y or floral scents. I guess I would say scent-wise, sniff it in the store if you can before buying. As for quality, I found it to be excellent and long-lasting. Even though I wouldn't repurchase, I would recommend it if you love the scent (which I reiterate, I did not hate, I just didn't love).

on 2/5/2010 11:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I, like other reviewers, expected a gingerbread scent. Instead, it was a scent that reminded me of 7up. The scent is refreshing, but different than what I expected.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I sampled this expecting it to be a gingerbread scent- like most people who wrote a review on this, lol. It smelled okay after I found out it was supposed to be gingerale scented. I think the packaging is misleading = / .

Popular Gels/Soaps