November 22, 2014 | 1716 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Philosophy - The gingerbread man- body souffle

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received this as a gift. I'm a big fan of Origins Ginger Souffle, which I think is a far superior product in nearly every way. First, Gingerbread Man souffle smells vaguely similar, but has a plastic edge to it, and doesn't stay on the skin in the same warm and satisfying way as the Origins souffle. Second, as others have mentioned, the color of the Philosophy souffle is very off-putting. I much prefer the natural/ cream color of the Origins souffle. Third, it's not very moisturizing. The Origins souffle is very rich and moisturizing, whereas this sinks in quickly and almost disappears - not great for the winter. In short, it was a cute gift, but the Philosophy souffle doesn't hold a candle to the Origins one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by boourns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Awww, disappointing! I found this at Winners for $15, and I snapped it right up because, this time of year, I looooove anything gingerbread! Unfortunately, as others have noted, this smells more like gingerale or just straight-up ginger. I enjoy the smell of ginger, but it's not what I was looking for in this product. I haven't noticed a tint or shimmer from this. The texture of this is lightweight and sinks in completely within a minute or so, but I find the colour strangely off-putting. It's moisturizing, but I don't think it's significantly more moisturizing than a lotion from B&BW or even the drugstore would be... it is, however, more expensive. Now, I know the packaging isn't the most important aspect of a product, but I do have some beef with the packaging for this. It does have its cute points -- the little gingerbread man on the box, the pretty mix of fonts, and the scalloped design around the edges... cute, cute, cute -- but I've never been a fan of products that are packaged in tubs inside of boxes. It's wasteful, and in this day and age, companies should know better. Beyond that, though, I'm reeeeeally not into the "a good man nourishes your body and soul" tagline. Really, Philosophy?? It's actually kind of creepy how they've personified this product... if you read the copy on the box, it sounds more like an ad you'd find on a dating site than it does a pitch for moisturizer. Again, it's not like packaging is the be-all end-all when it comes to deciding whether you like a product or not, but I get enough gender-stereotypes being flung down my throat from print media and the film industry, I don't need them on the side of my jar of moisturizer, too. In sum, this is an effective but not overly special product that doesn't really smell like what it says it does and comes packaged in a wasteful and vaguely offensive box. Still, I'll give it 2 lippies for the fact that it's decent enough at moisturizing and still smells ok in spite of not smelling at all like gingerbread.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2008 1:21:00 AM More reviews by talexs

I liked the fragrance, even though it is a bit more ginger ale than gingerbread, and thought it had a great consistency. I thought it absorbed super fast and left me really soft- couldn't be happier with the product

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2007 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Smashbox80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't like the scent of this product at all. It reminds me of ginger ale and that isn't something i want to smell like. It does moisturize well but the scent is such a turnoff. I enjoy Marshmallow souffle or Pure Grace souffle much more.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2007 12:55:00 PM More reviews by snowwhiteRN

Nice smelling lotion like product. Adds a light bronzy shimmer to your skin after application. Another great product from Philosophy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2006 8:38:00 PM More reviews by LauraP24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the texture of this, however I cannot stand the scent. I used it today for the first time and felt like I needed to shower again immediately. Now that I've seen posts about this staining clothes, I'm really disliking it! Definitely won't re-purchase this or the shower gel, however the scrub is a favorite of mine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2006 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Tartlette

I love using this after having a shower using the Gingerbread Man shower gel. The scent is tasty and the souffle makes my skin so soft and touchable.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2006 5:59:00 PM More reviews by crystalzi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing!!!! Smells so yummy and the scent lasts all day. Makes my skin so soft and glowy. Love it!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2006 5:12:00 PM More reviews by dulces78

I like it! It smells great to me.. not gingerale, smells like ginger clean, ginger soothe. I like it and it does moisturize nicely, although not as nicely as the amazing grace emulsion, but I think all of the souffles are kinda light in nature.

I have no complaints.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2006 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Envirogal79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was very disappointed when I bought this, and if I had discovered MUA sooner and read the reviews, I would not have made the purchase. It does not smell anything like gingerbread, which is what I was hoping for. Instead, it smells like gingerale and then morphs into a spicy lemony ginger scent. It's nice if you like spicy scents but it's not my cup of tea. The things I like about it are the silky smooth consistency that feels great going on your skin and the bronzy shimmer that it leaves behind. I have a caramel complexion so I can see it showing up way darker on those who are lighter than me. Thank goodness I only got the smaller one. After it is finished I will not be re-purchasing.