Philosophy The gingerbread man- ginger ale foaming bubble bath and shower gel

3.4

on 7/31/2015 6:11:00 AM

Smells like generic soap. No gingerbread scent at all. Does not lather either. Over priced and overrated.

on 6/26/2014 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I received this as a Christmas gift after coveting it for years. I really like it! I've only ever used it as a shower gel, but it lathers well, smells great, rinses clean and doesn't dry out my skin. It smells more like ginger ale, but I prefer that to gingerbread anyway - it's a lighter, more festive scent. I save this to use starting the day after Thanksgiving until New Years Day. It's a real treat that I enjoy!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I loved using this scent around the holidays, it's warm & comforting. It reminds me of freshly baked gingerbread cookies straight from the oven, yum!

on 11/29/2010 12:05:00 AM

PROS: Delicious, comforting scent. Reminds me more of actual ginger than gingerbread. Not a masculine or feminine scent. Decent suds.

CONS: Not very moisturizing (but not drying either.) Doesn't remove antiperspirant very well.

on 11/10/2010 5:08:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I don't understand the negative reviews. The Gingerbread Man works well as a shower gel, for me (I've never tried it as a bubble bath). I received this as a gift several years ago, and out it comes every Christmas season. Even though it is much more of a ginger ale scent, than gingerbread scent, I love pulling it out each year, and the scent still fits in with the holiday season. The packaging is also adorable!

on 9/21/2010 5:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was super excited to try this scent. (I love my angel food cake lip gloss)! I have used the Bath & Body works 3 in 1 of Sugar & Spice (gingerbread) and I loved it. Soooo I was htinking this HAD to smell even better.....WRONG! Mine has next to no scent at all. It didn't foam and lather at all. It was also pretty drying. I got a sample in a Sephora, but there's no way in hell I'd ever buy this. Clearly I have to stick to the lip products!!

on 12/31/2009 12:40:00 PM

This 3-in-1 smelt just as bad as it did in the bottle than when I used it on my skin in the shower. I would NOT use this on my hair unless I wanted to dry it out. It did horribly for a bubble bath, hardly any bubbles. It was an okay body wash, but I hated the smell and it dried my skin out.

on 12/3/2009 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I am kinda surprised that many people gave this a bad review, but to each it's own. I however love this!!! I really do I have been using it since 2004. On and off since it only comes out in the holidays. I have tried the scrub, body butter, and the 3 in 1. However I only use the 3 in 1 as a shower gel not for bubble bath or for my hair.

I do not find this to be drying at all its just like any other shower gel I have used, but what attracs me is the scent. It does not smell like gingerbread at all, it smells like a citrus-y lemon-y ginger ale. I smells linger on me all night and that is only using the shower gel.

I only buy one at a time, I never buy back ups on anything bc there will always be something better and in this case, it will eventually come out again. Also bc if I buy back ups I wont enjoy as much, I would feel that I need to use to get rid of it. But I do buy it every year, or when it comes out.

on 11/12/2009 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is exactly like ginger ale in scent. In no way does it smell like gingerbread. But I still like it. The scent is refreshing and the product works well. It doesn't dry out my skin, which is a minor miracle because nearly everything does. I used it to shampoo my hair once and it worked okay, but I wouldn't do it again as I do feel that it would dry out my hair. I don't know that I'd buy this again even though I like it. There are so many other Philosophy scents that are better.

on 6/19/2009 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I agree that it's a pricey item, but I really like the light/airy scent, and how soft it makes my skin feel. I've been using Philosophy bath/shower gels for about 18 months, and I think it's worth the few extra dollars. I've always had a problem with other shower gels drying out my skin, and making my skin itch, but this brand simply doesn't do that. I love how creamy it lathers up, and how it makes your bathroom smell so good.