Philosophy The gingerbread man- ginger ale foaming bubble bath and shower gel

3.4

on 6/26/2014 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I received this as a Christmas gift after coveting it for years. I really like it! I've only ever used it as a shower gel, but it lathers well, smells great, rinses clean and doesn't dry out my skin. It smells more like ginger ale, but I prefer that to gingerbread anyway - it's a lighter, more festive scent. I save this to use starting the day after Thanksgiving until New Years Day. It's a real treat that I enjoy!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I loved using this scent around the holidays, it's warm & comforting. It reminds me of freshly baked gingerbread cookies straight from the oven, yum!

on 11/29/2010 12:05:00 AM

PROS: Delicious, comforting scent. Reminds me more of actual ginger than gingerbread. Not a masculine or feminine scent. Decent suds.

CONS: Not very moisturizing (but not drying either.) Doesn't remove antiperspirant very well.

on 11/10/2010 5:08:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I don't understand the negative reviews. The Gingerbread Man works well as a shower gel, for me (I've never tried it as a bubble bath). I received this as a gift several years ago, and out it comes every Christmas season. Even though it is much more of a ginger ale scent, than gingerbread scent, I love pulling it out each year, and the scent still fits in with the holiday season. The packaging is also adorable!

on 9/21/2010 5:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was super excited to try this scent. (I love my angel food cake lip gloss)! I have used the Bath & Body works 3 in 1 of Sugar & Spice (gingerbread) and I loved it. Soooo I was htinking this HAD to smell even better.....WRONG! Mine has next to no scent at all. It didn't foam and lather at all. It was also pretty drying. I got a sample in a Sephora, but there's no way in hell I'd ever buy this. Clearly I have to stick to the lip products!!

on 12/31/2009 12:40:00 PM

This 3-in-1 smelt just as bad as it did in the bottle than when I used it on my skin in the shower. I would NOT use this on my hair unless I wanted to dry it out. It did horribly for a bubble bath, hardly any bubbles. It was an okay body wash, but I hated the smell and it dried my skin out.

on 12/3/2009 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I am kinda surprised that many people gave this a bad review, but to each it's own. I however love this!!! I really do I have been using it since 2004. On and off since it only comes out in the holidays. I have tried the scrub, body butter, and the 3 in 1. However I only use the 3 in 1 as a shower gel not for bubble bath or for my hair.

I do not find this to be drying at all its just like any other shower gel I have used, but what attracs me is the scent. It does not smell like gingerbread at all, it smells like a citrus-y lemon-y ginger ale. I smells linger on me all night and that is only using the shower gel.

I only buy one at a time, I never buy back ups on anything bc there will always be something better and in this case, it will eventually come out again. Also bc if I buy back ups I wont enjoy as much, I would feel that I need to use to get rid of it. But I do buy it every year, or when it comes out.

on 11/12/2009 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is exactly like ginger ale in scent. In no way does it smell like gingerbread. But I still like it. The scent is refreshing and the product works well. It doesn't dry out my skin, which is a minor miracle because nearly everything does. I used it to shampoo my hair once and it worked okay, but I wouldn't do it again as I do feel that it would dry out my hair. I don't know that I'd buy this again even though I like it. There are so many other Philosophy scents that are better.

on 6/19/2009 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I agree that it's a pricey item, but I really like the light/airy scent, and how soft it makes my skin feel. I've been using Philosophy bath/shower gels for about 18 months, and I think it's worth the few extra dollars. I've always had a problem with other shower gels drying out my skin, and making my skin itch, but this brand simply doesn't do that. I love how creamy it lathers up, and how it makes your bathroom smell so good.

PRICE : $16 for 16 oz

WHERE TO PURCHASE : Sephora, Nordstrom, Beauty.com, skinstore.com and various boutiques (and of course, Philosophy.com).

OTHER NOTES : Someday I will learn to stop buying Philosophy skincare products, especially the 3-in-1s. This is perhaps the 10th I've tried and the 10th I have hated. The smell is OK. Kind of like ginger ale rather than ginger bread. The formula is fairly runny for a gel and colored like ginger ale as well. I love the scent, but the formula, as usual caused major drying! My skin was so parched from this shower gel that no lotion or oil would help! I wanted to use it up but I ended up tossing it after a few weeks. It wasn't worth it. I'd rather eat the cost.

INGREDIENTS : water (aqua), sodim laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, polysorbate 20, lauryl betaine, fragrance (parfum), sodium chloride, glycerin, panthenol, peg-150 pentaerythrityl tetrastearate, tocopheryl acetate, allantoin, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, propylene glycol, plankton extract, macrocystis pyrifera extract, algae extract, fucus vesiculosus extract, phenoxyethanol, dmdm hydantoin, methylparaben, propylparaben, citric acid, caramel continued >>