July 22, 2014 | 2494 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Coffee Ground

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily217

I decided to venture off and use something different for my brows. This fills in my brows so nicely and matches closely to my brows. Pigmented and lasts all day. I love Laura Mercier products!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by LadyKolie

For Reference my skin is NC/NW 07-10 or Nars Sheer Glow Gobi

I am not a big fan of the packaging. However, I am a fan of the product itself. I found that using the right kind of brush makes a huge difference in using LM's eyeshadows (so I blend blend blend with the mac 217). The color is a fantastic cool coffee brown. Personally, I am not the biggest fan of using brown as an eyeshadow, but I found this product does an Amazing job as being my eyebrow filler shade. I have had difficulty finding an shade that looks like my eye brows, just to fill in some small spots. This is THE shade for me and it lasts all day in my eyebrows.

Though if you have issues with Acne I would think twice before using this. Starches feed bacteria, and this product contains corn starch as a second ingredient. Though it hasn't cause me any issues in my eye area, Just be careful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

On my second purchase of this and surprised I haven't reviewed it yet. Great mid-deep grayed brown-base. Not at all warm (against my skin), definitely ashy, almost like a fawn tone with a lavender tinge. I swear by LM for those days when anything strong or distinct is just too unforgiving. her products in general give a more diffused effect, very soft. I pull many night shifts (overtime) as a nurse so I feel and look like hell many days, this is a liner I can use to put my eyes on my face without doing more damage and drawing attention to how beaten up I look. Very sexy overtop of a black liner smudged out. Looks unassuming but is just very wonderful.

I'm pretty split between BB and LM; apples and oranges. BB is for my face what a shot of espresso is for my mood; LM is for my face what a glass of wine is for my mood.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Like Bobbi Brown's "mohagany" but better. A dense, no-nonsense dark brown that is not distracted by red or grey. Completely matte. The texture allows it to double as a liner, but still works well as a shadow. Looks great when smoked out from the lash line. I wear it daily for work (layered with LM's Topaz) and am on my third purchase now. Falls short of a 5-lippie rating because it feels too expected. Would be nice if it has a hint of plum or shimmer in the brown, much like the color of LM's cases.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by supernatural

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When LM shadows wear, the color just fades instead of smearing. It is so nice. So, later that night, you just look like you're wearing more sheer makeup than you put on that morning. With other brands, I will find lines and pools of color all over my face, which looks ridiculous.

I use coffee ground as a liner on top of regular black cake eyeliner.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by suzann29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this color to fill in my brows and it is absolutely perfect and stays put all day. The color matches my natural brow color so well it is uncanny.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2009 2:22:00 PM More reviews by calisummer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

eh. Not a huge fan of this one. After letting a Laura Mercier artist do my eyes for a big event, I was completely in love with the job she did, but of course did not write it down. A week later I decided to go back and have her do my eyes again. She was not working that day, so I let another artist play. I kept describing how bold the eyeliner on the lower lids was, that it stayed on and looked awesome for like 3 days, and I wanted to try it again. Had to have been a cake liner right? Well she insisted it must have been a shadow ?? and tried this coffee ground color as the lower lid eyeliner. Now, in fairness to the makeup artist, I did leave with pretty eyes that night. She used a satin-y all over taupe-y color, cognac eyeshadow toward the corners, antique gold on the main lids, and stellar on the brow bone. Pretty. They looked nice and I bought a few things. But when I went to re-create, using this coffee ground shadow as an eyeliner is just sooo blah to me. It literally is a very dull color and doesnít give my eyes any kind of boost at all. I am not a fan of using a shadow as an eyeliner in general, and if I were forced to, I would want something bolder and more saturated. Even the cognac shadow (deep bronze-y mahogany color) would probably work better as a liner than the coffee ground. Itís a very dull muted brown/boring grayish.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2008 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Jennyjennyjenjen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is truly brown, with no red to it - great for me. I used to use Laura Mercier's 'Cabernet' sometimes, but that's really too warm and does have a reddish tone - 'Coffee Ground' is much better. My only challenge is that I find this one hard to work with. I've worn lots of LM's shadows and never had this problem before. It could be because it's so pigmented, but it's really tough for me to get an even application with a brush unless I do a bride-of-Frankenstein-type heavy application (which I never want to do). I'll keep working with it, because the color's so lovely...
EDIT 3-11-09: I decided to swap this away, as it's just too difficult for me to work with and I'd rather it go to someone who has an easier time with it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2008 2:45:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

Wonderful quality matte cool charcoal brown, but it's so dark that the only use I have for this is as a liner, and I already have a brown liner that is similar by Lancome, so returning..... I dislike LM packaging - you can't stack it due to the rounded top.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by diggity

This may seem bring to some, but it was exactly what I was looking for. It's described as a cool charcoal brown, and that's pretty accurate. I think it's perfect! I wanted a cool dark brown for lining or doing a more dramatic smokey brown eye. This works great, it's matte with no shimmer or glitter. I actually used it all over my eye today and then blended some Cover Girl Tapestry Taupe (which is really sheer) over it to lighten it up a bit. You can also wear Tapestry Taupe all over and use Coffee Ground as liner and in the outer corner. It's nice combination for everyday wear. Nice quality eyeshadow. Expensive, but I have been looking for a shade like this for a while, so I feel it's worth it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No