April 18, 2014 | 1875 users online

Loose Powders - Almay - Luxury loose powder

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2013 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Expellliarmus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

one of my favorite powders that i've ever used, however, it shouldn't be applied with the supplied puff, but a brush instead. Otherwise the coverage isn't as good as it could be.

I wrote this review to let people know that you can still buy this at Wal Mart for like ten bucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by chiqui24

one thing i love about this powder is that it is matte, and when i say matte, it really is matte no shine at all, and it gives a nice coverage to my face. i put it on my face after my foundation, but dont put the powder when your face is still moist with your foundation.. (if you are using a liquid foundation, im using revlon colorstay liquid foundation by the way) let it dry a few minutes, because if you dont, then you would get some spots of the powder on you face and some spots have good ones. so anyhow, yes.. that's one thing i dont like about it, but when everything is dry enough you can put this powder, i used to use the powder puff for this but i realize that when i use the powder puff i tend to put more on my face since i only pat it on and not blend it, but lately i learned how to blend it using my mac 182 or my ecotools powder brush but i think i like the ecotools more than the mac 182. anyhow, one main reason why i really really like this product because before i used to use the clinique translucent powder and man did it not gave me a horrible face that i feel so embarrassed because my boss wont even look at me on my face when he talks to me. yes, its pretty worse with the clinique powder then i switched to this, thinking it is hypoallergenic why wont i give it a try, plus it is cheaper. after using it for a couple of weeks.. it gradually erased my acne. amazing! but one thin i didnt like about is that, i noticed that everytime i use this lately it gives me a dark coverage i am medium, maybe il go for light. but i was thinking light could be way light on me, and also the packaging i dont like it. aside from that im happy with it, i just wish they have a translucent powder with it. thats all.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by liner

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great powder, but Light is way too dark for me. It looked a little dark at home, but when I got to work and saw myself under the fluorescent lights, I looked like an Oompa Loompa! I could have died! I had a stash of the discontinued older formula of this powder (I love Big Lots!), but I recently ran out. I used to wear the lightest shade, and it was absolutely perfect. For some reason, Almay got rid of that Translucent shade. What a pity because this is some killer loose powder!

Oompa Loompa doompadee doo
I hope this powder works out for you!
Oompa Loompa doompadee dee
Sadly it is too dark for me!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 6:44:00 AM More reviews by ilovelomos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have repurchased this about 5 times. This is a really good drugstore product. We all can't afford to buy T. Le Clerc all the time, even though it's a superior product, and Almay's loose powder is a great great alternative. The ingredients do not bother my skin AT ALL, and that's saying a lot since I get reactions easily from most major drugstore makeup products. I bought it for $15 at my local K-Mart, and I use the Light shade which is perfect for me. I refuse to wear foundation. I only use concealer where needed, and use this powder to set my makeup!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2007 4:20:00 AM More reviews by jzha182

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice everyday powder. I really like the lid, which is so large and tall that I can swirl my powder brush in it without worrying about getting powder all over my dressing table. About the powder itself, it's finely milled and covers any shine I've got from my sunscreen/ foundation. But I havne't tried loose powder from other brands so can't conclude whether it's the best.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2007 8:10:00 PM More reviews by EUROBARBiiE

I used to use this product all the time until I started going tanning (Yeah, I know, bad; I've heard it all before). They discontinued it BUT I found it at big lots many times so ladies, try looking there!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2007 7:15:00 PM More reviews by erinfashionista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This powder is nice and fluffy, and I've used it for years. I've strayed, thinking other products (typically more expensive) would be better, but none of them have been. It gives a nice color, and as long as you don't put too much on, you're OK. Otherwise, you might look like a ghost! But since it's been discontinued, I'll have to find another alternative, and I don't even know where to start looking!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2006 3:07:00 AM More reviews by reallysaucy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder is truly translucent adding no color but just removing shine. It has a nice texture and appears to give my skin a more silky smooth look. There's not much else I can ask for in a powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2006 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Loserlike

This is a really nice product. It does a good job keeping oil at bay and does set your makeup well--- however, i wouldnt recommend getting the translucent shade if your arent light skinned, hence why some were complaining about chalkiness. For me, I like that it doesnt distribute a TON of powder, which ends up being amazingly messy. And the poof feels good on your skin. =]

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2006 6:38:00 PM More reviews by kissesox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my first loose powder. I have this in Translucent. I probably should have bought this in a different shade b/c when I want to wear it without liquid foundation, I feel like it isn't enough. It doesn't make my skin feel dry or tight. It gives it a nicefinish. It is very messy, though, as I am assuming all loose powders are. I don't use the pad it came with. I take the white plastic hole-filled cover off and use a brush. This is why I find it so messy. I probably won't buy this powder again only b/c I am not blown away by it, though it does do a good job of setting my makeup.