April 23, 2014 | 1785 users online

Cleansers - Spectroderm

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by jcmaverick

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Am I the only one out there that finds this stuff irritating on my face? My dermatologist recommended it as I have pretty intolerant skin and rosacea. I used it for about 2 weeks and found that my skin was getting redder all the time. I just couldn't believe it was this "non irritating" product so I changed my face cream. Finally one day my face felt like it was on fire with no cream applied. I researched the ingredients and there was nothing that jumped out at me as an irritant, I think it's probably the combination that caused me problems. The first indicator should have been the harsh chemical smell. Ugh.Smells like an acne treatment.
I was planning to use what's left as hand soap but now my hands are red and irritated. Guess it will get tossed.
I'm now using La Roche Pose Toleraine cleanser and within an hour of using it my face was actually cool to touch.
Be careful if you have extremely sensitive skin, it's not for everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 3:07:00 AM More reviews by meghans4295

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've dealt with severe acne for years, and tried everything; nothing could help it without leaving my skin dry and angry. Decided to try this out, because it moisturizes and I was having trouble with my skin drying out and makeup looking cakey. My skin is looking healthier than it has in years, it feels so soft, and it practically glows with or without makeup (probably partially due to wearing less foundation (while trying to hide blemishes!)). I feel better and more confident than I have in such a long time. Would absolutely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by larabean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff!
My skin: Tans easily, oily t-zone in summer, dry cheeks/jaw in winter
Pros:
-Its cleans my face (as it it is antibacterial)
-It hydrates my skin in every season
-doesn't strip moisture away
-has a clean "cleanser" smell
-leave my face soft and subtle
-drys out the pimples on my face
-gets rid of any acne
-calms redness on nose
-keep my skin from flaking or peeling

cons:
-does not remove makeup that well. but thats okay because i barely wear makeup thanks to this stuff!

how i use: take generous amount and massage on face and neck for 30 seconds rinse with cold water

I have been using this brand for 2 years now and this dry skin version for 1 year. very pleased!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2010 9:04:00 AM More reviews by agibeault

This does not remove makeup...lets get that out of the way right now. I wear pretty light makeup thats easy to remove, so tried to test this to see if I could get away with it, but not even a little bit. That being said, its a great morning cleanser that doesn't strip the skin and feels oh so comforting. Great if you suffer from eczema or very dry skin. I have started using Dr. Bronner's at night (with a thin layer of shea butter as moisturizer), and this in the morning and my skin is loving it. I use with a soft facecloth if I want to exfoliate and it works wonders that way as well...gives the cloth a good "slip" so its not scratchy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2007 2:39:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlsmakegraves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased the purple label "Spectro Acne Care" at Walmart for $10 CAD with 2 bottles of 90 cleansing pads and a bottle of the Acne Care cleanser.

Together with the cleanser, they take off ALL my makeup, including mascara and despite being the cheapest additions to my routine lately - are really doing well for my skin. My skin has just "calmed down" as opposed to being clear as a result of being smacked down with a minor arsenal of chemicals and cleansers.

If you can find this, as it's only sold in Canada - I would highly recommend picking this up. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2006 3:45:00 PM More reviews by bikn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I too, have been using this product for years now, and have found that everything else tends to dry out my skin. I dont think this is just meant for oily skin though. I have combination, skin, that can get dry very easily, and this is the only cleanser that doesn't seem to dry it out. It's very gentle, and doesn't foam, so it washes without stripping the moisture from your skin. Works well, and the price is right too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2006 12:32:00 PM More reviews by bobbygirl

Fantastic Cleanser. It was recommended to me by my dermatologist. I was suffering from some mild acne on my cheeks. It doesn't foam and is very gentle. I don't wear heavy makeup so I don't really have a problem with it leaving makeup behind. I think right now it's only available in Canada. It leaves your skin clean but not dry in the least. I too would recommend the Spectrogel if your skin is a little on the oiler side.
I sometimes blend it with some baking soda for exfoliation.
Very pleased with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2004 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Sashayy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I've used this for 15 years and still love it. I keep trying other brands' cleansers and keep coming back to this one.

SpectroDerm is a Canadian drugstore gel-based cleanser. You can buy it in a squeeze bottle for $7 or in a big 1/2 litre pump (which is what I buy)for about $12. This is made for sensitive skin and is recommended by dermatologists across the country.
This leaves my sensitive, very dry skin clean, smooth, soft. I don't get that tight mask feeling that other cleansers leave and it rinses away easily. No blemishes or problems. The unscented version truly is unscented and this is the one I use.
I don't know if it gives people problems with makeup removal as I don't wear heavy makeup, I always use an eye makeup remover first anyway and I always wash with a clean washcloth for the gentle manual exfoliation it gives. I also tend to use this in the AM whereas I use a cream-based cleanser at night (Lumene Miracle Dream).
If you have oilier, acne-prone skin you might prefer the Spectro Jel formula which has alcohol and anti-bacterial properties. continued >>