April 20, 2014 | 1513 users online

Brows - Revlon - Brow Fantasy

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by pishtosh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product in 'dark brown' solely for the tinted brow gel. It was the only one available at the drugstore and I really missed having one since I ran out of my ELF one (which I also loved, but is only available to me online). I feel like it adds a final polished look to my brows, holds them in place and helps them to look more natural. I paid under 10 dollars for this at Walmart which I feel like is a fair price, and I would be willing to pay that just for the gel, sans pencil. I use the Milani brow pen in dark brown first, then define the edges of my brows with the pencil that this comes with, then set it with the gel. Yup, 3 brow products - what can I say, they're an important part of my makeup routine. I really like the gel, it deposits a nice amount of colour and "sets" my brows in place all day. I tried just lightly filling my brows in with the pencil and setting it with the gel on one of my "less makeuppy" days last weekend and they pencil looked way, way too red - no bueno. I'm also not a big fan of the pencil's texture - too soft and not long-lasting enough to be used on its own. But I'll use it up! Would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by PremierT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have repurchased this so many times I've lost count. And I always have a few backups around. This is by far my favourite brow product.

I have dark brown and the colour is my favourite thing about this product. I think black is too harsh and every brown I've tried is too warm. This is perfect it looks soft and fills spots seamlessly. I like the coloured gel on the end. Its not the world's best hold for a brow gel but it does ok and doesn't turn muddy like clear ones do. I find that the pencil runs out long before the gel does but I do sometimes use the gel alone when I'm not doing a full face and it adds some fullness which is nice.

I've never had a problem with this product fading or moving throughout the day even in the rain but I use a setting spray. For a pencil it is very small (especially with near daily sharpening) which makes it pricey for a DS brow product. I replace every 1 - 2 months. Overall this has become a staple in the past three years and I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by EmilyHobson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good Brow pencil but I never use the gel side. It dried crusty and in a white kind of color, which definitely doesn't work on my dark brown brows. I'll probably buy something different next time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by angiee0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

About me: NC15 chocolate brown hair green eyes. I dye my hair dark brown so my brows are a little lighter and more ash than my hair. I use brow products just to define them a little and add warmth/depth to the color.

Pros
-Cheap
-Looks natural
-easy to use for beginners
-lasts all day
-Color Dark Brown worked wonderful for me
-Brow gel is tinted and great for those days when I don't want to do a full MU look
-Brow gel is not crusty
-Stays on even through a sweaty workout

Cons
-The packaging. I ran out of the pencil already but I still have tons of the brow gel left. The pencil ran out fast because of not being able to sharpen the pencil all the way down to the bottom. So, there is product left but i am unable to use it.
-I ran out of the pencil pretty quickly. I like using Tarte Brow Mousse and MUFE aqua brow. Both of those Mid end to HE end products last me over a year even when using one exclusively on a daily basis, so in the long run, I don't see this Revlon product being less expensive over time.
-The tip of the pencil is rather thick and it doesn't bother me but for those who have more sparse brows might have an issue with this.

If you are new to using brow products and just want to start learning, this product is great since it is a two in one product. However, if you do your brows daily but you want a cheaper option, then this is not for you because the more expensive branded items actually have lasted me 2-3 years which will save me more $$ than buying a new revlon brow product every 3 months.

I will not be repurchasing because I can save money buying a product that will last over a year.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

For starters, this will work. But overall, I think this product is just so so. I found the pencil to be quite dry, so it didn't glide on very smoothly. Also, because of the packaging, it is almost impossible to use up the pencil, which is a waste since the pencil itself is already short. If you use this a duo, you will definitely use up the pencil before using up the gel. The gel on the other hand is decent, nothing special though. It did not leave my brows crispy and gave decent pigmentation and staying power. Perhaps Revlon should make a separate gel? Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this kit, but not enough to buy it again. The pencil side is great. It goes on very easy and blends well. However, I feel like the brush side has too much product on it. It does set your brows and lasts throughout the day. I think maybe I prefer a clear gel rather than colored. I have very thick brows and don't need extra color other than to fill in a few spots and define the edges. So, I didn't like all the extra product and color that came with the gel/brush side. It was very messy.

UPDATE - I've noticed I have these dry white flakes around my eyebrows after a few hours when I use this product. It's really noticeable. It's not hard to clean off, but it makes my skin look flaky around my brows. Not cool!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by mlleange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best commonly available drugstore brow kit! If you are just starting out and curious about doing brows I would highly recommend it. For the 10$ (Canadian) price tag, less if you catch it on sale, it's my favourite!

I have very dark brown almost black hair with natural red highlights but pretty much black eyebrows (with no warm red tones). I got this in dark brown and it's great.

I personally use both the pencil and the gel, but I have friends who use only the gel if they just want some brow control.

Only complaint is that the pencil runs out before I'm out of gel... oh well it's cheap enough that I don't really care!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Mad4883

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in the dark brown shade. I have been using it for about 6 months and I love it!! Before this I just used a dark brown eye shadow with a brush but this is much simpler and quicker. I actually don't use the gel part, just the pencil. I like my brows to look very natural. Will deff repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I adore this product! I actually fill in my brows with "naked" from the NAKED palette, but the setting gel is a must have (HG) for me! My brows look natural and hold all day. Can't thank Revlon enough for this amazing product! Highly recommend!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Anita09

I love love this brow product! The best part in my opinion is the tinted gel. The tinted gel has a very very slight shimmer that keeps the eyebrows from looking too flat or fake. (I would buy this over and over just for the tinted gel) I love that the gel makes your eyebrows just alittle more defined and filled in without looking fake or drawn on :) The pencil is pretty good because it is more on the drier/powdery side so it resists smudging.