November 26, 2014 | 975 users online

Brows - Revlon - Brow Fantasy

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by aliciamarie61592

This product works great. The packaging on the other hand is horrible. The cap on the pencil side never stays on, which makes it impossible to keep in a makeup bag due to the cap falling off and getting color all over. The brush part works great and gives me nice even color.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by pb84

Positive point first, i love the gel. It gives me an even color and stay and combed brows. and the gel is the only point it got 2 stars from me, otherwise it would have been 1.
The pencil is nothing good but the color. The darkbrown color looks okay on my Asian skin and very drak hair. I always like my eyebrow color a tone less than hair color. But the color won't stay. You blot? one accident gentle swipe, you will smudge the color. Want to erase it, you don't need anything but a wipe from tissue. Even blotting it will take away the color. So you have to hold on to your precious eyebrow, and you will very shortly tired of it.
I don't make up, only do my eyebrow and wear lipstick, so after 4 hours I wash my face (I live in hot and humid weather), it is gone. Just with water. Meanwhile the gel will stay. someday I am so fed up with the pencil I only use the gel and I'm much happier.
Next thing, the pencil runs out so fast? Why? Because I have to use it twice a day because the color doesn't stay. And because it was broken internally when I tried to sharpen it, a chunk of it just fell off. any multiple times I tried, multiple chunks were gone. Now I still have it with almost brand new packaging. Precisely 2 months and only a stump of 1 inch left on me. And to irritate me more, the pencil keeps coming off in my small make up bag, which is very organize and tight. In fact, nothing but this evil pencil cap comes off.
I switch to Clinique Superfine Liner for Brows, so far I am happy as it stays better, and at least I don't have to curse, because I don't have to sharpen it!
Purchasing again? Nope. If they make the gel separtedly, I will buy the gel not the crappy pencil.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by caitie96

Overall a pretty good product, I have a kinda mixed blonde? Coloured hair (dark blonde in some parts nearly platinum in others) and I got the dark blonde set which matches well.
The pencil is not the greatest, colour is great but goes on very dry and runs out long before the gel.
The gel is great and I love the applicator, a bit of colour to finish off the look but not too pigmented and it holds my brows in shape all day.
I am happy to go back to just filling in my brows with powder while using this gel when the pencil runs out soon.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by pishtosh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product in 'dark brown' solely for the tinted brow gel. It was the only one available at the drugstore and I really missed having one since I ran out of my ELF one (which I also loved, but is only available to me online). I feel like it adds a final polished look to my brows, holds them in place and helps them to look more natural. I paid under 10 dollars for this at Walmart which I feel like is a fair price, and I would be willing to pay that just for the gel, sans pencil. I use the Milani brow pen in dark brown first, then define the edges of my brows with the pencil that this comes with, then set it with the gel. Yup, 3 brow products - what can I say, they're an important part of my makeup routine. I really like the gel, it deposits a nice amount of colour and "sets" my brows in place all day. I tried just lightly filling my brows in with the pencil and setting it with the gel on one of my "less makeuppy" days last weekend and they pencil looked way, way too red - no bueno. I'm also not a big fan of the pencil's texture - too soft and not long-lasting enough to be used on its own. But I'll use it up! Would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by PremierT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have repurchased this so many times I've lost count. And I always have a few backups around. This is by far my favourite brow product.

I have dark brown and the colour is my favourite thing about this product. I think black is too harsh and every brown I've tried is too warm. This is perfect it looks soft and fills spots seamlessly. I like the coloured gel on the end. Its not the world's best hold for a brow gel but it does ok and doesn't turn muddy like clear ones do. I find that the pencil runs out long before the gel does but I do sometimes use the gel alone when I'm not doing a full face and it adds some fullness which is nice.

I've never had a problem with this product fading or moving throughout the day even in the rain but I use a setting spray. For a pencil it is very small (especially with near daily sharpening) which makes it pricey for a DS brow product. I replace every 1 - 2 months. Overall this has become a staple in the past three years and I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by EmilyHobson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good Brow pencil but I never use the gel side. It dried crusty and in a white kind of color, which definitely doesn't work on my dark brown brows. I'll probably buy something different next time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by angiee0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

About me: NC15 chocolate brown hair green eyes. I dye my hair dark brown so my brows are a little lighter and more ash than my hair. I use brow products just to define them a little and add warmth/depth to the color.

Pros
-Cheap
-Looks natural
-easy to use for beginners
-lasts all day
-Color Dark Brown worked wonderful for me
-Brow gel is tinted and great for those days when I don't want to do a full MU look
-Brow gel is not crusty
-Stays on even through a sweaty workout

Cons
-The packaging. I ran out of the pencil already but I still have tons of the brow gel left. The pencil ran out fast because of not being able to sharpen the pencil all the way down to the bottom. So, there is product left but i am unable to use it.
-I ran out of the pencil pretty quickly. I like using Tarte Brow Mousse and MUFE aqua brow. Both of those Mid end to HE end products last me over a year even when using one exclusively on a daily basis, so in the long run, I don't see this Revlon product being less expensive over time.
-The tip of the pencil is rather thick and it doesn't bother me but for those who have more sparse brows might have an issue with this.

If you are new to using brow products and just want to start learning, this product is great since it is a two in one product. However, if you do your brows daily but you want a cheaper option, then this is not for you because the more expensive branded items actually have lasted me 2-3 years which will save me more $$ than buying a new revlon brow product every 3 months.

I will not be repurchasing because I can save money buying a product that will last over a year.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

For starters, this will work. But overall, I think this product is just so so. I found the pencil to be quite dry, so it didn't glide on very smoothly. Also, because of the packaging, it is almost impossible to use up the pencil, which is a waste since the pencil itself is already short. If you use this a duo, you will definitely use up the pencil before using up the gel. The gel on the other hand is decent, nothing special though. It did not leave my brows crispy and gave decent pigmentation and staying power. Perhaps Revlon should make a separate gel? Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this kit, but not enough to buy it again. The pencil side is great. It goes on very easy and blends well. However, I feel like the brush side has too much product on it. It does set your brows and lasts throughout the day. I think maybe I prefer a clear gel rather than colored. I have very thick brows and don't need extra color other than to fill in a few spots and define the edges. So, I didn't like all the extra product and color that came with the gel/brush side. It was very messy.

UPDATE - I've noticed I have these dry white flakes around my eyebrows after a few hours when I use this product. It's really noticeable. It's not hard to clean off, but it makes my skin look flaky around my brows. Not cool!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by mlleange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best commonly available drugstore brow kit! If you are just starting out and curious about doing brows I would highly recommend it. For the 10$ (Canadian) price tag, less if you catch it on sale, it's my favourite!

I have very dark brown almost black hair with natural red highlights but pretty much black eyebrows (with no warm red tones). I got this in dark brown and it's great.

I personally use both the pencil and the gel, but I have friends who use only the gel if they just want some brow control.

Only complaint is that the pencil runs out before I'm out of gel... oh well it's cheap enough that I don't really care!