October 23, 2014 | 1448 users online

Shampoo - ABBA - True Curls

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2009 6:12:00 PM More reviews by juanita2008

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just to clarify, the "True Curls" has changed into "Pure Curls". My review is on the "Pure Curls" shampoo and conditioner.
The shampoo is more like one of those "shampoo+conditioner in 1", meaning that it leaves hair silky like it's been conditioned and not at all clean. I can't stress this enough - It did not clean my hair at ALL!
I think the smell also changed from the "True Curls", and now has this children's vitamin C smell to it...gross!

The conditioner smells like Barbie's hair... synthetic, plastic, and silicone-y. To match the smell, the result it gave my hair was...surprise!...coated with a weird plastic-like residue. I had some residue left on my hands, and it left a thin film of plastic or whatever it was so that the water that touched my hand (in the shower) just rolled off.

Once I walked out of the shower and towel dried my hair, it felt soooooo~ heavy and weighed down. I have wavy hair, so the weight of the conditioner robbed me of my natural waves and made it sag like stringy pieced of rubber...rubber is exactly what my hair felt like after shampooing and conditioning with these products.

ABBA claims it doesn't test on animals, but perhaps that's not such a good thing for the consumers. Because obviously, their product is the worst I have ever used and is far worse than the significantly cheaper drug store brands. VERY disappointed with ABBA. Both the conditioner and shampoo are going back to the store, and I will definately NOT repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2008 1:22:00 PM More reviews by akimbo123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The reviewer who commented that this makes one's head smell like pizza is absolutely correct. The strong oregano scent is a little off-putting to me - it is not a bad scent, but strong and strange for a hair product - but my husband likes it just fine on me. The only negative out of the way, I have nothing else but raves for this product! My curly, coarse, color-treated hair was becoming so dry and nothing was helping! Even the CG routine was useless for me, but I wasn't ready to go back to sulfates. The Abbat True Curls shampoo and conditioner brought my curls back to life and my hair is shiny again (especially when I use the remnants of my last bottle of my now-DC'ed HG, Paves Red Carpet Mousse)! I would totally buy this shampoo and conditioner again, especially since the scent fades after the first day and I can't wash my hair every day, anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2008 2:31:00 AM More reviews by JmacGirl252

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Even though the smell is terrible, it does work pretty well on my hair and it doesn thave chemicals and doesnt have anything that would harm my curls so thats a big advanage. I like this products overall.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2007 11:01:00 PM More reviews by eqing

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think a lot of the hating on this shampoo is the scent. I don't dislike it terribly but I do agree with the post below about the pizza shop aspect of it all.It is similar performance and ingredient wise to Creme moist. No ALS, SLS, its a light clenaser. I tried this instead of buying Creme Moist again because I love my styling products and CM couldn't quite cleanse them out all the way. Too gentle for heavy products. True Curls can and will get styling residue out, or has so far for me. It actually does seem to make my curls bouncier. I'm impressed. update. Lippie deduct- built up, supergunkified.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2006 4:18:00 PM More reviews by DGentile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This leaves my curly hair feeling nice and soft. I've been using it in conjunction with the True Curls Conditioner. However, it smells STRONGLY of oregano. I don't mind "herbal" scents, but this makes me smell like a pizza shop all day long (think tomato sauce). The scent really lingers, unfortunately, even after I apply other styling products, and my hair is completely dry. I find it so unappealing that I'm deducting 2 lippies for that. I don't think it does anything to actually enhance my curls. I get similar results from Abba Creme Moist shampoo (and that shampoo has a great scent). I'll finish this bottle, but I won't buy it again. Sorry.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2006 8:12:00 AM More reviews by faeryeyes

A very moisturizing shampoo that leaves my hair soft and very shiny. I love that you only need a tiny amount for good lather, it contains good ingredients and it's sulfate free, it has a nice herbal-citrus scent, and it doesn't tangle or dry my hair in the slightest. It doesn't really help enhance my waves/curls, but it does leave my hair nice and healthy. On the downside, it leaves my roots quite flat, and my hair far too thin and airy looking for my likings. Won't buy again for those reasons.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2005 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett3030

I received a sample of this shampoo and conditioner from a wonderful swapper and I must say my curls love these products. I also love the smell of these products and can smell them pretty much all day. I would definitely purchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2005 3:23:00 PM More reviews by gerlygerl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this shampoo because of the sulfate-free, silicon-free formula, and indeed, it's not stripping. It hydrates without adding weight to my very fine, curly/wavy hair, which is almost impossible to find in a shampoo. The herb-citrus scent smells heavenly to me, and throughout the day, I'll randomly catch a whiff. If you don't care for crisp, green fragrances, beware. All in all, this is a keeper, maybe even a holy grail. Curly girls should definitely try this one.

UPDATE: Over a year later, many more shampoos tried - and this one is still my favorite. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2005 11:02:00 AM More reviews by ilovekevin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo is great. I bought the matching conditioner and curl enchancing spray. They worked wonderfully. The smell does take some getting used to though. BTW the shampoo is sulfate free.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2004 12:27:00 AM More reviews by patricia225

This shampoo is excellent for curly hair. The smell is not so wonderful but it is tolerable.

The first time i used this, in conjunction with the conditioner i got so many compliments on my curls.

I hope it keeps working this good.

If your a curlyhead i would definently give this one a try.