September 16, 2014 | 1630 users online

Fragrances - Revlon - Charlie White

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I'm very familiar with standard Charlie as it was a favorite of my mother's when I was growing up. I've given it to her as a gift over the years and various incarnations of Charlie, and thought I had given this one as well, but was mistaken. I'd definitely remember this! I love it and an getting a bottle for myself. While I'm no fragrance expert, novice is reaching, and don't disagree with other's descriptions here, I distinctly get green tea as well. In fact to my unsophisticated but know what I like nose, this smells quite like some more costly green tea inspired fragrances but for much less. I'm kicking myself for not getting another, because I bought my mother the bottle at a flea market where it cost about $2.00 if I was willing to buy it sans cap, which (I did figuring my mother could use a cap from an empty bottle of standard Charlie). But I did spritz myself and it lasted all day, and smelled consistently good throughout.

Normally fragrance lasts on me about as long as it takes for me to spell Mississippi aloud, but not this. It smells clean, and bright, crisp, very good for Fall which is almost upon us on this hemisphere anyway. It reminds me of my favorite version of Chloe too such is good because alas, I've chosen to pay rent vs. buying that, practical gal that I am.

So I'm gonna have to track this down and pay some store the price with cap, though I'm sure it will still be a greater bargain than my beloved Chloe, cause it's now after midnight and I'm still smelling Charlie White on me (which is great except that it sounds like I said the scent of some guy named Charlie White is on me and that would be a whole other story entirely).
In closing, there is a bit of comparison to be made between this and Clinque Happy as this fades so that explains others descriptions of this being citrus-y as well.
Get it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Floral first, then fruity to my nose. I find it work appropriate because it seems to stay close to the body and if not, it just smells like "fresh" anyway. It's really well done, actually for its category. I also have Charlie Silver and that is similar but the White is more formal with the floral and less fruity and the Silver is more watermelon and citrus (it's great too). This fragrance lasts about 6 hours on me and I spray quite liberally. I don't find that the fragrance changes much after hours of wear, it seems to stay pretty true to the first spritz. If anything, the fruit comes out a bit more after awhile, but nothing else noticeable.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by FlorCanelaStyles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very aquatic fruity flora, bit fizzy like a previous reviewer mentioned. Unlike any scent I have ever smelled, it stands alone in it's fruity soapy mix. Shower fresh can be delectable. This is my every day work and weeked scent that goes on perefeclty casual and not overwhelming. Not sold year round, I have already purchased a few back-ups.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by barbi65

Funny, on me this smeels Fizzy, like a fizzy candy. And i always get compliments on it. I can't smell it on myself , however people tell me I smell wonderful 7 hours after I put this on

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2010 4:48:00 AM More reviews by Jessmoberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'll start off by saying I've never tried the other Charlie scents; this was my first foray into the Revlon fragrance line.

Each note listed is one of my favorite notes. This perfume seemed like it'd be a godsend, so I bought a bottle unsniffed, and must say I'm unimpressed... maybe a little put off, too, to tell the truth.

It started with the bottle. Normally the bottle is of little consequence, but whatever it's made out of feels perpetually dusty or dirty. That's the smell I get when WEARING Charlie White - dust.

To be more specific, it's dust and flowers, of course. I get no peach or watermelon, no aquatic feeling, just dust and flowers. It isn't terrible, but it certainly isn't something I'll wear, and if I come across anyone who will make better use of it, I would hand it to them without flinching.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 12:25:00 AM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried Charlie White because it's at Walgreens for $9.99 for a fairly sizable bottle.
This is a nice light white floral with perhaps a little citrus twist. It dries down to smell quite soapy (as does the regular Charlie and Charlie Red on me). So it smells like good quality white floral soap. Not cheap smelling but certainly not sophisticated. Pretty good for a drug store brand.
While I do like this I don't quite want to smell just like soap. But 2 lippies for being nice and unoffensive.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 3:18:00 PM More reviews by AntFarm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have a huge bottle of this that was only $9.99 at Rite Aid. It smells fresh, soft, and sophisticated. The feeling I get when I smell this reminds me of the feeling I get looking at a dogwood tree. Too bad the ingredients are cheap and alcohol-based, and the wonderful fragrance fades after about two hours.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 7:04:00 PM More reviews by PARA_NOIR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This smells a lot like hairspray. I don't mind the scent, but it's not something I would go out of my way to buy. So many better fragrances out there to try, drugstore or otherwise. I got this in a set after Christmas for a STEAL, less than three dollars, with the original Charlie and Charlie Red which is my favorite of the Charlies. So overall it was not a loss, but I would not buy Charlie White again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2008 1:00:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

This is a light, bright, fun summer floral which is never too overpowering and has fairly decent lasting qualities. Peaches1027 nailed it when she said that it is bright and sheer at the same time, and also that it is really very strong and sharp when you first spray it on. However it only takes about 10 minutes for the harshness to disappear and reveal the heart of the perfume. A light, easy to wear floral that will suit anyone who likes florals that are not too sweet. I have ticked that I would not rebuy simply because I like much deeper, musk based florals, however a girlfriend of mine has this as her signature perfume, so if it suits you, go for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2008 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

In my quest to sample every drugstore perfume on the market, I tried this on at the Walgreen's today. It was on sale for $2.50, and since I'm getting cheap in my old age, this jumped out at me. When I first sprayed it on, the sharpness was almost painful. It was truly awful. However, I smelled myself again about five minutes later, and this had dried down to a very pretty floral. It is bright and sheer and soft all at the same time, and it does sit close to the skin like another reviewer said. I've had this on for three and a half hours, and I can still smell it and I still love it. I am going to the Walgreen's tomorrow and snatching this up. What a great find.