Merle Norman LUXIVA Ultra Lipcolor [DISCONTINUED]

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

RE: Luxiva Ultra Lipcolor: if the product smelled bad it was "OLD. " All Makeup should come with expiration dates!!!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and agree with the other reviewers: beautiful lipstick shades, but what's up with the smell? I think MN should have added a vanilla scent to make it more "tasty" (not that I eat my lipsticks, or anything!)

On a more positive note, Luxiva Ultra lipsticks do come in a wide selection of beautiful shades (some shimmery, some matte). The color I always wear is Mocha Pearl, well not for much longer because MN just recently discontinued this shade. Oh well...I guess I'll have to find another lipstick shade to brag about...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Yuck. The color looked pretty and the gold case was okay. The lipstick stank, had an awful texture, wore off in minutes, and then the lipstick broke in half! It broke in half!

Never again.

This lipstick in Sugared Bronze is my favorite lipstick ever. I wear it every day. I love the color, it is perfect. The texture is great. Very creamy. The only thing I don't like is that it dries up very fast and it has a strage medicine like smell to it

Merle Norman has been around I think for ages (my mother, who is almost 60, used MN all her life). You would think they would have improved their lipsticks after all these years. Ay-yah-yah! This LUXIVA Ultra Lipcolor lipstick, fresh and new, smells like a fragranced waxy crayon - what an absolute turn-off. On the more positive side, the color is true, relatively pretty and relatively long-lasting. I guess if you had a cold and couldn't smell this lipstick, then it would be alright. (And no, the lipstick isn't "bad" - all of them smell like this). I'd sooner go for the gloriously vanilla-scented MAC lipsticks anyday!