August 1, 2014 | 1864 users online

Treatments (Face) - Palmer's - Scar Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by rameymaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

whilst using this product, I found that it moisturises extremely well however it didn't reduce appearances of scars that much, I am olive yellow in skin and I have quite a bit of stretch marks on my thighs few to my growth spurt. it has a VERY thick and sticky consistency.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by AzureTe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This works REALLY well for me on newish scars. Most recently I used it on a curling iron burn scar on my shoulder and I saw a noticeable difference in less than a week. That scar is now almost gone. I have also seen scabs heal faster when I apply this, probably because of the vitamin E. I have never used this on my face but would be hesitant to because of how thick it is. You only need a little bit at a time so a bottle lasts quite awhile.

It does have a strong fishy smell, but in my experience that does fade soon enough. Still, because of that, and because it's so goopy, your clothes could potentially pick up the smell (and the goop), so be careful if you're using it before getting dressed and give it time to absorb. I actually don't ever use it in the morning at all for that reason. It's a minor thing but it IS a bit inconvenient and the main reason I took one lippie off.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2012 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Skyfarer

I have only used this for acne scar, so my review will be restricted to acne scars only. I have been using it for about 2 weeks (not religiously though), and have noticed slight improvement in my new scars. As for old scars, not that I can tell.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Vilavoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Good for facial scaring caused by acne etc. I've had the same bottle for about a year now and apply religiously every night. The thick consistency means that you don't need to use a lot just a small dab which can be warmed up using your fingers and then applied. I would not use this as an all over facial serum as it is very thick (you would have to be pretty stupid to do so).

Overall I have seen some very good results and would advise that the reader consider the score to be higher than what it currently stands as.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 6:17:00 AM More reviews by calamansi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Three years ago, I got a nasty wound on my hip from sitting on an old rusty chair (long story, let's just say I needed a tetanus shot). It honestly looked like a tiger had given me a good swipe. I have olive skin, so I was worried that I would have scars that would fade to silvery white and look like stretch marks.

I applied this serum 3-4 daily till I finished the entire bottle and my scars from that mishap are non-existent.

I'm now on my second trimester of pregnancy and have these weird blotchy vertical dark streaks running down my hips. I don't think they're stretch marks, because I still fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans and my stretch marks from puberty run horizontally. I'm going to try applying this to see if it will help with those as well. Will keep you posted.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2011 5:55:00 AM More reviews by ash777

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The best scar treatment ever! I had used this product when I was first launched, but the smell put me off it. I decided to give it a try again many years later. Imagine my surprise when a scar that I had for more than 18 years literally became nearly invisible after just one application. I've started using it on my stretch marks now, and after about 8 applications, I can see them fading away.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by HollySmokes

Since Puberty I've always had these really nasty stretch marks on my thighs. They're super embarrassing & I've tried most creams on the market. I decided to try this product & I can see it's working. The smells not that bad but the re-application 3-4 times a day can be a shlep.

Here in South Africa it's not that expensive either (65 Rand - 4/5 boxes of cigarettes). I use quite a lot of the product & massage it for 5 to 10 minutes because I REALLY wanted to see results.

It might have a sticky texture but overall, it's working well so far.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by geekybabe91

Im extremely fair so when i break out, I tend to scar. I had a big ol' zit on my chin...which i popped (I know bad). It soon got infected (GROSS! sorry tmi) and became this huge un-concealable dry scaly painful, and oozy mess ( to which my mother so graciously named "Barnacle"). I tried to use antibacterial stuff (neosporin) which helped the oozy-ness, but then I had a big scar. I picked this out on pure desparation and im so happy to say my little barnacle is GONE!!

I will be using this on my face FOREVER! its soothing and says it may even out skin tone. My only complaint is that it feels oily, so i am concerened to use it on my whole face but I am thinking it's worth a shot... Maybe ill update at a later time and let ya'll know if that works out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2009 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Jyoan

It lightened and flattened out the keloid on my knee that I got from a fall. But it failed to make a mosquito bite wound that I scratched very hard disappear. Comparatively, a Japanese brand mosquito bite cream costing a mere $2 from medicinal hall did the job. I think the Vitamin E promotes growth so much that my wound couldn't dry out. Guess this potent concoction is only suitable for some types of scars, but not all. The oil is actually very thick, and green bean size can go a long way. So though expensive, I believe the small bottle can last a while. I still feel the pinch for each drop I use though. I think it's worth a try if you've tried every other way, but still can't get rid of the ugly scar. =))) All the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2009 7:44:00 AM More reviews by disillusioned

Now that it's winter, my skin is quite dry, so using this on my acne scars is not a problem as it's rather moisturizing. I haven't been using this as consistently as I should, but when I do, I definitely notice an improvement in the lightening of my scars. The smell is awful, but as long as it works, I can bear with it. Afterall, there are products out there which smell wonderful, but don't do anything for the skin, so who cares if this smells vile, the main thing is it works. Just remember to massage the product in when using it. Also, this doesn't clog my pores, which is a plus. I'd recommend using this during winter only though, as I foresee it being too heavy for my skin during summer.