April 18, 2014 | 1970 users online

Lip Gloss - Stila - Raisin Lip Glaze

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by ColorWonder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I will start with what I like about Stila Lip Glazes: They come in pretty colors as long as you are looking for a sheer gloss. Raisin in particular is a sheer, shimmery warm berry shade, which I find quite nice. Beyond that, however, I find the Lip Glazes to be nearly unusable do to their texture. They are the single stickiest glosses I have ever used, and the price is ridiculous if you are buying them individually instead of in the value packs. I actually gave these to my friends last Christmas as part of their presents. That was before I had ever tried one. I tested a few out soon after Christmas and was frankly embarrassed to find how awfully sticky they were, seeing as I had just given them as gifts. Mine was so sticky that the brush tip of the product was actually sticking together in a clump. When I asked my friends about it later, most of them admitted to throwing them out after finding how sticky they were. I fail to understand why a higher end makeup brand cannot make a less sticky gloss. There are several drugstore brands that make less sticky glosses with better pigmentation. I would stick to those.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Thursday_Next

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Definitely a bit difficult to start for the first time, like all clicker packaging. Very thick and somewhat sticky, but I need that because I bite my lips so I need something with major hold on there. It somehow has a lot of color impact but manages to go on straight without a mirror - maybe a feature of anything thick gloss with a precise applicator like this.

I love this color! I am so surprised. It looks like Stila isn't selling it any more - I got it in the lip glaze trio in Cool sold over Christmas 2011. The price was $12 for three glazes so I think $4 is pretty good for any lip color. However, these are pretty small but I still think it will last months. Size is not usually a factor, it's all about getting the RIGHT color for me.
So I have fair skin, blue eyes, red hair (by Feria #74) and this color is perfect. I thought it would be way too dark, but it really brings out my eyes. I just want more of this shade, in different textures, and application methods - like a lipstick, maybe a doe-foot applicator, etc. Let me know if you know similar shades! I'd also love an organic, non-chemical version of the shade, but for now I will live with the artificial stuff for the right look.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by dragongirl26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was definitely a winner for me. I received this in a combo pack from Sephora along with the Glitz and Glam palette. I had high hopes for the palette, but actually discovered I liked this gloss more. I ordered one of the holiday lip glaze sets so I can try some of the other ones; can't wait!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by bcbrosemer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this in the Ulta 3-pack as well. For $12, it's a great value. I know I will use up at least 2 of the 3 colors. I have been looking for a lip color that's a little darker/brighter than my usual ones. I saw this set and thought Raisin might fit the bill. It's a very pretty, shimmery reddish pinkish shade, with some gold shimmer. I love it on me, brightens up my entire NC25 face. The formula appears a bit thick at first, but it goes on smoothly, and didn't feel very sticky to me at all. The staying power is decent, but I haven't tried eating with it yet. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by supermer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I resisted Stila lipglazes for a very, very long time. Even though I've been wanting to try them for years, I like lipstick better than glosses so I just couldn't justify spending the money on something I didn't think I'd reach for very often. I found a trio at Ulta the other day--3 lipglazes in warm or cool colors for $12. I took that great deal as a sign that it was finally time for me to try these. I got the cool trio, which came with Raisin, Grapefruit, and Seashell. I discovered that, not only do I really like the lipglazes, Raisin is one of the most perfect colors ever! I love this cozy berry color for fall, paired with a bronzy eye look. I wish it wasn't quite so shiny, which is the reason I tend to not like glosses...but I'm finding ways to tone it down or just deal with it because the color really is gorgeous. Because of Raisin, I'll be more inclined to try other colors of lipglaze in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by muppitonastring

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful lipgloss! And this is coming from a non-lipgloss wearing girl! A generous MUAer sent this to me - I would never have thought to buy it myself because I had always thought that Stila Lip Glazes were virtually colourless and blah (that's what I'd heard)...plus the mention of 'Raisin' makes me think brown, and brown lipgloss is fug on me! BUT this is a beautiful warm, earthy pink with fine rose-gold shimmer shot through. Very flattering and I can imagine it'd suit all skin tones. The texture is quite thick, sticky and dense but it's quite nice because it's not particularly drying (compared to some glosses) and lasts at least 6 hours on me if I don't eat or drink. The click-y twist dispensing tube it quite good too, not too unhygienic (hate doe-foot applicators), since you can just take the product off the brush with a clean finger (or you can just use the brush and clean it afterwards). I checked out the price and well, not cheap, but for this shade, definitely worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2009 4:53:00 AM More reviews by diansofia

If the stila lipglaze wasn't so expensive, it would be a staple for girls worldwide.

I've tried stila lip glaze once a few years ago but never succumbed to the craze because of the price. I trolled this site and review before finally buying one so I feel I owe it to post my review.

I LOVE this colour! I LOVE this lipglaze! I know it sits a little heavy on the lips, but I think because of the ingredients, the glaze feels good on because my lips feel great protection (and not just colour and makeup)

I'm very particular about makeup and I hate owning too much stuff, so I try to whittle my makeup all the time to basics. I can say now that I will always have a stila lipglaze if I can, especially this colour. My only qualm is that I can't find a full size!

I'm asian, black hair and fair skin but pinking to reddish tone and I usually go without makeup so I obviously like and sport a natural look. Raisin looks like my lips have a healthy tint (deep reddish brown mauve) and the shimmer makes them look presentable and you don't get a glitter effect, more a natural sheen effect. The whole look still passes as natural, even with the coated glaze! I like very much...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2009 11:08:00 PM More reviews by ilasik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am starting to like Stila glazes more and more since I learned to dispense just the right amount of gloss. I point the tip towards me and click slowly. As soon as I see a little drop starting to swell I stop and apply. Raisin goes on smoothly with a beautiful light pinky/brown. Brightens my whole face. My favorite shade so far = I have a bunch of new glazes I haven't started yet but I've tried vanilla, grapefruit, brown sugar, gumdrop and apricot (they are either a little too beige or a little too frosty pink)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Jillsmith

This product was a real surprise! I could not imagine that a color called "raisin" would be flattering on me. I think that they could have come up with a better name for this pink shade -- and don't worry, it doesn't smell or taste like raisins, either. (In fact, unlike other stila glazes, it does not have much of a scent at all.) As for staying power, I fell asleep with this on, and 8 hours later, it was still there, in all of its pretty pink glory!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2009 10:01:00 PM More reviews by luvactuallyisallarnd

Gorgeous color! I think this color would look great on every skin tone. It is a natural shimmery red tone and is perfect for day to night. I love Stila's lip glazes. They are not sticky, and the shine lasts long. Definitely will buy again.