September 2, 2014 | 1017 users online

Treatments (Face) - Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) - TCA Peel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

I tried the 8% TCA peel. I chose the 8% because I didn't want a peel with a lot of downtime, and given my skin's history, I'd rather start low, go slow and take longer to get good results. I followed the instructions provided to the letter and the peel worked beautifully. I started with a one-layer peel for 5 minutes. My skin looked much brighter and smoother after just one use! I did have a lot of skin peeling, more so than the average 8% TCA user. I'm not surprised because my skin can get very sensitive--the lactic acid peels that are supposed to be the gentlest ended up causing very bad flaking and even some blistering in areas.

I repeated the TCA peel two weeks later, and actually frosted a little the second time around so I couldn't do more than one layer. Still loads of peeling but overall the 8% TCA is far gentler to my skin than many of MUAC's other acid peels! It has improved the hyperpigmentation on my nose and cheeks, and I think it's starting to work on the melasma on my lip.

I'm going to try a third TCA peel next week (or maybe the week after) and then give my skin a break for a few months. And given how much TCA makes my skin flake, I'm going to have to time the TCA peel so the heaviest flaking days (which for me are days 3-5 post-peel) will be on the days I'm off of work.

MUAC makes it very easy to do the peel. They provide detailed instructions and have excellent and fast customer service. I will stress that you need to follow the instructions EXACTLY as written--as tempting at is, resist the urge to make tweaks or follow random advice that you follow online. There is a lot of potential for TCA to do major damage, even at the weaker strengths, so don't do something that you may regret later! And you really need to do a patch test for this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by blondchick12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Right now I would give this a 3.5 but rounded up in hopes that my end results will be positive. I will update either way. Over the last year I have begun to experiment with various MUAC peels / products. On my face I have had positive experiences with mandelic, lactic, and glycolic but while problems have been reduced I feel more can be done. None of the aforemnetioned peels actually made me peel or had any lingering redness. As for the TCA 30% thank god for once I controlled my impulsivity and did not do this on my face. Instead I am trying it on my body where I had some acne scars and sunspots. This one did burn and I must have left it on too long for my skin about 4 minutes because my skin is red like a bad sunburn. I also didn't neutralize it in the end - just rinsed with water not sure how important this is but thinking perhaps it was! The peeling started the next day and my skin is so tender underneath. It looks horrible - if I had done this exact (flawed) procedure to my face and showed up for work I think they would send me to the hospital thinking I had a disease. I am curious to see, since this is the first peel that actually has made me peel, if I will have new and better skin revealed. Pain is beauty right? Or it could end up being worse than before. Time will tell.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

ive finished a whole bottle and im ready for this review. first off, everyone is right in saying this stuff will DESTROY your face if you dont use it properly. now saying that, there is nothing to be afraid of because this can work awesomly if you use it right and its not hard. i just dipped a clean qtip into the bottle and rubbed all over my face. sometimes id spot treat too. i left the acid on a clean face until i noticed it was starting to turn white or "frost" and then, i took a wash cloth and dipped it into my baking soda water and wiped my face. thats all there is too it. i didnt even cleanse afterwards. my skin was red after but completely even! no dents or scars visible. a few hours after, the redness subsided and the evenness remained. i adored the way my skin looked at this stage. it was my dream skin.
anyways, the next couple of days, my skin starting feeling taut and mask like almost and when you feel this, you know youre about to start peeling. for me, the peeling was never horrific.
all in all, this peel made me look radiant and the only reason i wont be repurchasing is after the peeling, my skin looked kind of the same.. the dents and large pores.
but maybe if you have raised scars and pigmentation, give it a try

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by PinkFloyd06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't say enough about how much this TCA Peel has helped my skin. This has become a life saver, and I am so grateful I found this product.

A little bit of background about me; I'm in my late 20's with very fair skinned, and I had very bad cystic acne breakouts from the age of 14-19ish. During that time I developed pretty severe acne scarring on my cheeks and jaw line. I have tried multiple treatments to alleviate this scarring: Microdermabrasion, Dermaroller, Glycolic Peels, topical creams, I even went with Laser treatments totaling over $5,000 trying to diminish the look of my acne scarring.

I had no luck with any of these procedures, and finally in a last chance effort thought I would try out TCA peels to use the TCA cross method (applying peel only to the scar itself, not the overall skin area). I started very slowly with the smallest concentration possible and didn't notice too much of a difference. However, I thought I have nothing else to lose and kept up with the peels gradually increasing the strength VERY slowly.

I have seen better results using this at home TCA peel than I have with any professional treatment that cost 10x the amount of what I paid. I still have a ways to go, but I would say my scars have improved about 70% in the year and a half I have been using these peels. I couldn't be more pleased!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by PhxSteph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I did a 30% tca peel and thought I did enough research to do one by myself (yikes). This stuff really works! I'm a driver by trade so I'm always exposed to the sun, I didn't think anything of it until I saw the left side of my face looking old and my skin was looking dull. (I'm good about exfoilating but that wasn't cutting it anymore, so it was time to pull out the big guns) :) I did what any logical person would do and asked google, so when I came across tca peels on youtube. I thought okay why not, lets give this a shot.....go big or go home.
I finally got the courage to do the peel and man did my face take to the acid fast I only left it on for 45 seconds, neurtalized and washed.Within the hour I started browning I went through the motions as I was suppose oiling and trying different things to keep the face moist. My only thing was I didn't know about hydroquinone for hyper pigmentation and lo and behold that's what happened. I've worked through the process of ridding the hyperpigmentation as best as I could it about 80% gone(I'm considering a 4% hydroquinone, that I found I can purchas at mylashes4less) I'm a little scared of that. So I'm hoping with other peel and now more knowledgable this time around that I'd see better results with my pores and the hyperpigmentation.
My skin care regimen has change dramaticly I've discovered a whole new world....it's borderline ridiculous. Anyways I feel like both sides now match and my skin is definately refreshed. The skin is soft and polished I don't always have to wear base if I do its b/c I just feel like wearing a lot of makeup. I do follow up with Retin A which is just Awesome I know that really helped out with the healing process.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

I am leaving a TENTATIVE 4 overall lippies and a TENTATIVE yes to repurchase. I'll have to use longer and update.

My story...

SKIN: I'm 29, with overall "good skin" but sun and lifestyle-induced forehead lines and elevens that are certainly 5 years ahead of my biological age. I have stubborn pores on my chin, and on and around my nose. When I break out - from a product or hormones - it's usually on or around my chin. I am caucasian and relatively pale and have historically been very bad at protecting my skin from the sun. I'm still unsure if my skin is sensitive since I'm not totally clear on what sensitive means. :-/

TCA: 12.5%, first time user

OTHER MUAC PRODUCTS: gly-luronic acid serum; had used mandelic 25% once before the TCA (and now once again since)

GENERAL SKIN CARE: rotate face washes, between organic, drugstore, korean products from ebay; often use a konjac sponge or scrubber similar to the Forneo Luna in texture. Regular user of bentonite or green clay or olive clay masks. tea tree oil for zits. Rosewater toner. Moisturize with a PURE aloe vera product that also contains tea tree, witch hazel, and another E.O.

EXPERIENCE: I was surprised to experience minor sensation and minor peeling. I was a bit freaked out by the detailed instructions and worried I'd really screw this up, but all signs point to me NOT screwing up, yay! Since the peel I noticed decreased pore size, but that's about it. (and I screwed that up applying st Tropez tanner to my face - MASSIVE breakout - you've been warned!). I have so far found the mandelic acid to be more effective for immediate results/toning/brightening. I will keep up with the TCA on schedule, though. I leave a repurchase YES to signal that I've had no bad experiences with the product, even by starting at a higher-than-lowest concentration.

I will update.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by vegasgirl

I don't buy from makeup artist choice possibly TCA peel from another seller I am simply reviewing on the peel itself. I had moderately severe acne . I am left with severe scars I use the TCA peel about 3 times now and I always get wonderful results the only thing that really broke me out badly was using neosporin* as a post peel treatment. ever since I stopped doing that . I have never had a problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by mishamaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Skin Completion: Medium to dark brown with yellow undertone
Skin Issues: Sun Freckles, and hyperpigmentation

MUAC TCA peel 15% I did this peel for the maximum time. This peel barely penetrated my skin. My skin did not react. I did it again the following day ( YOUR NOT SUPPOSE TO DO THIS, FOLLOW DIRECTIONS). I applied a total of 4 layers.

2nd day: My skin was very tight I thought I over processed my skin. I applied the Neosporen,and BellEvolve Advanced Repair Cream.

3rd day: Minimun peeling around my mouth

4th day: More peeling around mouth.

5th day: cheeks begin to peel, skin around my mouth skin peeled

6th-8th: all skin peeling (forehead, cheeks, and mouth)

The 9th day: I used my MIA face cleaner to get the access skin off (not suppose to do)

Results: A much brighter skin tone, skin was less oily. I will do this peel again in May when Im out of school.

Only reason why I said I wouldn't buy this peel again is because I will purchase a stronger percentage.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by skejan

I've done 20% salicylic, 50% glycolic and 55% lactic peels before this one. My skin is very tough and not sensitive at all. All of the other peels are wonderful but this peel destroyed my face. I started with moderate acne and now have severe acne because of the "purge" associated with this peel, except the purging didn't go away and a month and a half later my skin is completely covered in PIH and active acne. I can't even cover it up with three layers of makeup. I am embarrassed to leave the house. I would not recommend this peel to anyone who is acne-prone.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by SamuelzMom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was afraid and anxious to use the TCA peel, but after using it 2x last year, the scars on my face is barely noticeable. I must say it took time for the scars to fade; at least 6 months to a year. I use the TCA peels 1-2x a year and then the lactic acid peels biweekly. Both are from MUAC. Both have been miracle workers for me and the best things I have discovered so far. I am so happy as I am in my late 30's now and have acne since grade school. Also, after my son was born, I broke out worse than ever before and was afraid my skin would be like that forever. It became quite scarred and I had blackheads like never before. I'm so glad I discovered MUAC. The testimonies they post on their website and the ones I read on here are true. It really does work.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No