August 20, 2014 | 1999 users online

Treatments (Face) - Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) - TCA Peel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

ive finished a whole bottle and im ready for this review. first off, everyone is right in saying this stuff will DESTROY your face if you dont use it properly. now saying that, there is nothing to be afraid of because this can work awesomly if you use it right and its not hard. i just dipped a clean qtip into the bottle and rubbed all over my face. sometimes id spot treat too. i left the acid on a clean face until i noticed it was starting to turn white or "frost" and then, i took a wash cloth and dipped it into my baking soda water and wiped my face. thats all there is too it. i didnt even cleanse afterwards. my skin was red after but completely even! no dents or scars visible. a few hours after, the redness subsided and the evenness remained. i adored the way my skin looked at this stage. it was my dream skin.
anyways, the next couple of days, my skin starting feeling taut and mask like almost and when you feel this, you know youre about to start peeling. for me, the peeling was never horrific.
all in all, this peel made me look radiant and the only reason i wont be repurchasing is after the peeling, my skin looked kind of the same.. the dents and large pores.
but maybe if you have raised scars and pigmentation, give it a try

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by PinkFloyd06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't say enough about how much this TCA Peel has helped my skin. This has become a life saver, and I am so grateful I found this product.

A little bit of background about me; I'm in my late 20's with very fair skinned, and I had very bad cystic acne breakouts from the age of 14-19ish. During that time I developed pretty severe acne scarring on my cheeks and jaw line. I have tried multiple treatments to alleviate this scarring: Microdermabrasion, Dermaroller, Glycolic Peels, topical creams, I even went with Laser treatments totaling over $5,000 trying to diminish the look of my acne scarring.

I had no luck with any of these procedures, and finally in a last chance effort thought I would try out TCA peels to use the TCA cross method (applying peel only to the scar itself, not the overall skin area). I started very slowly with the smallest concentration possible and didn't notice too much of a difference. However, I thought I have nothing else to lose and kept up with the peels gradually increasing the strength VERY slowly.

I have seen better results using this at home TCA peel than I have with any professional treatment that cost 10x the amount of what I paid. I still have a ways to go, but I would say my scars have improved about 70% in the year and a half I have been using these peels. I couldn't be more pleased!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by PhxSteph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I did a 30% tca peel and thought I did enough research to do one by myself (yikes). This stuff really works! I'm a driver by trade so I'm always exposed to the sun, I didn't think anything of it until I saw the left side of my face looking old and my skin was looking dull. (I'm good about exfoilating but that wasn't cutting it anymore, so it was time to pull out the big guns) :) I did what any logical person would do and asked google, so when I came across tca peels on youtube. I thought okay why not, lets give this a shot.....go big or go home.
I finally got the courage to do the peel and man did my face take to the acid fast I only left it on for 45 seconds, neurtalized and washed.Within the hour I started browning I went through the motions as I was suppose oiling and trying different things to keep the face moist. My only thing was I didn't know about hydroquinone for hyper pigmentation and lo and behold that's what happened. I've worked through the process of ridding the hyperpigmentation as best as I could it about 80% gone(I'm considering a 4% hydroquinone, that I found I can purchas at mylashes4less) I'm a little scared of that. So I'm hoping with other peel and now more knowledgable this time around that I'd see better results with my pores and the hyperpigmentation.
My skin care regimen has change dramaticly I've discovered a whole new world....it's borderline ridiculous. Anyways I feel like both sides now match and my skin is definately refreshed. The skin is soft and polished I don't always have to wear base if I do its b/c I just feel like wearing a lot of makeup. I do follow up with Retin A which is just Awesome I know that really helped out with the healing process.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

I am leaving a TENTATIVE 4 overall lippies and a TENTATIVE yes to repurchase. I'll have to use longer and update.

My story...

SKIN: I'm 29, with overall "good skin" but sun and lifestyle-induced forehead lines and elevens that are certainly 5 years ahead of my biological age. I have stubborn pores on my chin, and on and around my nose. When I break out - from a product or hormones - it's usually on or around my chin. I am caucasian and relatively pale and have historically been very bad at protecting my skin from the sun. I'm still unsure if my skin is sensitive since I'm not totally clear on what sensitive means. :-/

TCA: 12.5%, first time user

OTHER MUAC PRODUCTS: gly-luronic acid serum; had used mandelic 25% once before the TCA (and now once again since)

GENERAL SKIN CARE: rotate face washes, between organic, drugstore, korean products from ebay; often use a konjac sponge or scrubber similar to the Forneo Luna in texture. Regular user of bentonite or green clay or olive clay masks. tea tree oil for zits. Rosewater toner. Moisturize with a PURE aloe vera product that also contains tea tree, witch hazel, and another E.O.

EXPERIENCE: I was surprised to experience minor sensation and minor peeling. I was a bit freaked out by the detailed instructions and worried I'd really screw this up, but all signs point to me NOT screwing up, yay! Since the peel I noticed decreased pore size, but that's about it. (and I screwed that up applying st Tropez tanner to my face - MASSIVE breakout - you've been warned!). I have so far found the mandelic acid to be more effective for immediate results/toning/brightening. I will keep up with the TCA on schedule, though. I leave a repurchase YES to signal that I've had no bad experiences with the product, even by starting at a higher-than-lowest concentration.

I will update.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by vegasgirl

I don't buy from makeup artist choice possibly TCA peel from another seller I am simply reviewing on the peel itself. I had moderately severe acne . I am left with severe scars I use the TCA peel about 3 times now and I always get wonderful results the only thing that really broke me out badly was using neosporin* as a post peel treatment. ever since I stopped doing that . I have never had a problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by mishamaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Skin Completion: Medium to dark brown with yellow undertone
Skin Issues: Sun Freckles, and hyperpigmentation

MUAC TCA peel 15% I did this peel for the maximum time. This peel barely penetrated my skin. My skin did not react. I did it again the following day ( YOUR NOT SUPPOSE TO DO THIS, FOLLOW DIRECTIONS). I applied a total of 4 layers.

2nd day: My skin was very tight I thought I over processed my skin. I applied the Neosporen,and BellEvolve Advanced Repair Cream.

3rd day: Minimun peeling around my mouth

4th day: More peeling around mouth.

5th day: cheeks begin to peel, skin around my mouth skin peeled

6th-8th: all skin peeling (forehead, cheeks, and mouth)

The 9th day: I used my MIA face cleaner to get the access skin off (not suppose to do)

Results: A much brighter skin tone, skin was less oily. I will do this peel again in May when Im out of school.

Only reason why I said I wouldn't buy this peel again is because I will purchase a stronger percentage.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by skejan

I've done 20% salicylic, 50% glycolic and 55% lactic peels before this one. My skin is very tough and not sensitive at all. All of the other peels are wonderful but this peel destroyed my face. I started with moderate acne and now have severe acne because of the "purge" associated with this peel, except the purging didn't go away and a month and a half later my skin is completely covered in PIH and active acne. I can't even cover it up with three layers of makeup. I am embarrassed to leave the house. I would not recommend this peel to anyone who is acne-prone.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by SamuelzMom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was afraid and anxious to use the TCA peel, but after using it 2x last year, the scars on my face is barely noticeable. I must say it took time for the scars to fade; at least 6 months to a year. I use the TCA peels 1-2x a year and then the lactic acid peels biweekly. Both are from MUAC. Both have been miracle workers for me and the best things I have discovered so far. I am so happy as I am in my late 30's now and have acne since grade school. Also, after my son was born, I broke out worse than ever before and was afraid my skin would be like that forever. It became quite scarred and I had blackheads like never before. I'm so glad I discovered MUAC. The testimonies they post on their website and the ones I read on here are true. It really does work.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2013 9:16:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow this bad boy is no joke I have been using other peels from MUAC and was getting great results. I wanted to go the distance though and finally get rid of my acne scarring and fine smile lines and genetic forehead lines. I have the 15% and it's what I have been using on my mom and her results are amazing! So yesterday I built up the courage and wanted to do my forehead, part of my cheeks and any spots with scarring that need revitalization.

I applied the acid with a q-tip and only used a small amount the areas with the most damage started frosting 1st. Once I saw the frost I did 3 minutes I wanted to do 5 but not yet. Well the 3 minutes were hard a fan totally helped and I made my neutralizer in a spray bottle. When it was time to neutralize spraying it seemed to stop the burning faster. Now I am pink and my skin is burning.

I have been using heavy moisturizers like crazy my fav's being the Maracuja oil because it really moisturized because your skin will feel super tight. Cerave really helps a lot I use the PM formula. I also find the Korres Greek Yoghurt moisturizer is amazing at cooling and moisturizing. I also use hyluronic acid and aloe.
Ok day 4 and peeling has begun! I didn't turn too brown and my face doesn't feel so tight or dry. Last night I slathered on Argan Balm and that really helped with moisturizing my skin. I washed last night with Josia Maran's Oil Cleanser because my skin was so tight I needed heavy moisture and that with the balm made it totally tolerable. Today I have been peeling on my chin and cheeks and my deeper smile line literally peeled off!

I think by Tuesday I should be almost done peeling. I'm being very gentile with my skin and trying to not peel off anything that isn't ready but your skin kinda lets you know. The best part is I see gorgeous skin underneath and even though I'm peeling my face is sooo soft! Softer than my other peels because this goes so much deeper. I will report how it is when i'm done peeling because I'm interested to see how much scarring is removed. One thing that amazes me is this huge saucer plate acne scar is so much flatter I couldn't believe it. That's the biggest scar I have so if that's almost gone Im stoked to see the rest.

Day 5: Pretty much done peeling now mind you I only did 3 minutes and my skin is pretty tough so I might need to use the 18% but honestly I am super happy with the results! My cheek scars are gone except for a few but you can only see then in very direct light and not with MU on. I use only 1 application of Mac Face & Body in N1 so you know how much coverage I now need. I didn't even need to conceal!
I do have flakes everywhere but Fix+ amazingly helped today so it didn't look so bad. Now that I've washed my face used mandelic acid serum 10% which is known to be used for its antimicrobial properties during laser surgery. So you can use this when your skin isn't super raw. I only washed with Muac's Moisture milk cleanser which is amazing btw. I used Eucerin Calming cream tonight with some CeravePm and my skin feels wonderful.

It's glowing and the lines i have are almost gone. Plus my skin feels like butter. I will do this again on spot areas only and use my regular peels to keep up the results. I also use 15% aha serum as well. I haven't had any breakouts and for 34 my skin does not look its age and, finally people are saying I have nice skin:). Don't be afraid, do it! Getting your skin and most importantly your self esteem is so worth it for me. I finally can look people in the eye and not be self conscious! I will always use this! Recommended without a doubt!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Holy whack, Batman! I purchased the 12.5% TCA kit for around $30. It may very well be the best $30 I've ever, ever spent on my skin.

I am 38 with very fine lines forming around my eyes, large pores in t-zone, and melasma on my cheeks and jawline. I have sensitive/rosacea/reactive skin with visible capillaries on my cheeks and around my nose. My skin is oily/combo turning more toward the dry side with age. I have been successful keeping my skin pretty clear and calm with OTC products. I see people - even people much older than me - with smooth, bright skin (not the cat in wind tunnel look of plastic surgery) and I want that, too. After doing some research I felt that a chemical peel would be the next logical step. I was very nervous about using something like this on my sensitive skin.

I followed all the instructions for prepping my skin. I used Paula's Choice 10% AHA one week prior to the peel and discontinued all other exfoliation. The first time I applied the peel I was very careful and conservative following every direction like my life depended on it. I experienced some stinging, redness, tenderness, and some puffiness but it wasn't as bad as I expected. Per the instructions, I was very careful with my skin after and I could feel that it was tender. Lots of sunscreen. I used BB cream instead of regular makeup. Gentle cleansing and constant moisturizer. My face constantly felt dry and tight so I moisturized as often as possible.

Instantly my face was softer, my pores were visibly smaller, and my nasal labial folds were less noticeable as if they were plumped up. I didn't have the peeling everyone else had. About the third day my skin started to flake. I peeled the fourth and fifth day but it was still more flaking vs. peeling.

One week after the peel my skin was done shedding. I wore makeup as usual but still no retinol or exfoliation. I was careful not to tug or ground product into my face like mineral makeup. Gentle, gentle. Two weeks after my peel I prepped with AHA for the next peel. I planned to do 3 peels, 3 weeks apart.

Three weeks after the first peel, I did a second peel. This time I applied a second layer of peel solution 5 minutes after the first per the instructions. Whoa! The pins and needles were a lot tougher this time. I experienced a bit of frosting and I white-knuckled it counting down the the second 5-minute interval.

After neutralizing, I was a little freaked out that I had some black (dark melasma looking) patches I previously didn't have. I was worried I had damaged my skin but hoped that the dark patches would peel off. My skin was very tender and even drier. This time, I peeeeeled! The peeling started the second day and lasted for several days.

Lesson 1: I did the 2nd peel one day early hoping I could time the ugly flaking with the weekend. Wrong! I peeled sooner this time so I will revert to doing the peel on Wednesday (maybe Thursday) so I can spend the weekend out of sight. Nothing - repeat nothing - can cover up the flaking/peeling mess on your face. Whatever you put on top of it just makes it more noticeable. It's just a couple of days and totally worth it.

Lesson 2: I did not use neosporin. I read some people had an adverse reaction and I didn't want to chance it. After the second peel I decided to put petroleum jelly on the driest areas as often as I felt I needed to keep my skin comfortable because the dryness was almost unbearable. I continued this through the peeling and I will do this from now on. The vaseline really kept my skin comfortable, softer, and smoother. As soon as the peeling stopped, I quit.

The results? All the dark patches peeled right off. My pores look even more refined. The melasma is slightly improved. My skin is tighter overall, brighter, and clearer. I had a couple of stubborn breakouts that peeled off and are currently healing.

I am my worst critic, as most of us are. I have a super magnifying mirror and I critique everything. I don't beat myself up but I think an honest assessment is the only way to measure your progress. Other people are much more forgiving. They don't understand what I'm looking at or for. But one friend in particular is more excited than I am about my results. She can't wait to start. That is how I know I really do have a victory.

I will do my third peel in a week and I am excited and much more confident. I absolutely plan to follow all instructions as I don't want to get lax - this stuff is no joke.

A note about MUAC: I am uber impressed with them. Their processing time is amazing. Both orders have arrived within a week. Their prices are unbelievable as is their quality. Some items seem pricier but they have a sale going all the time. Their customer service is top notch. I won't say every product I've tried is right for me, but with this quality and fair pricing it is a great place to start.

Finally, a note about doing it yourself: I've been to dermatologists over the years and frankly I have done a much better job myself and saved tons of money. Some doctors have been rude or made me feel as if I should be grateful for the 5 minutes they spent with me. (Hello, I'm the customer!) All of them sent me on my way with several very expensive perscriptions and absolutely no idea what they were for and absolutely ZERO usable information to care for my skin. Not one single doctor has ever suggested an OTC method, ever. I have had facials and the results were ok but definitley not worth the amount of money spent. I thought about going to a derm for a chemical peel but once again I am so glad I saved the money and didn't have to take time off work to fit into someone else's schedule.

37 out of 38 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No