October 31, 2014 | 918 users online

Makeup Brushes - Napoleon Perdis - Leather Brush Roll with 22 Brushes (Full)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2013 7:58:00 AM More reviews by gozdeunlu

I received this brush roll when i started the NP makeup academy there are great brushes in the roll.. though i feel most brushes are "the same" there are too many fine liner and angled brushes, the e/s brushes are flat which is great to build up the product though to blend it is a bit too hard they should've at least added one round headed blending e/s brush. the powder brushes are great though they are nearly the same size.. again there could've been a better range of brushes in the roll.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by Exodium

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a student of Napoleon Perdis Makeup Academy in Hollywood, CA you get this beautiful brush set as part of what comes in your tuition with the course. The case is so soft and smooth, yet easily cleans with a makeup wipe to remove any makeup that has gotten on it. The brushes are all so soft and blend like a dream. The only problems people might have as they have explained to us is that because it is actual pony hair, it will shed the first few times if any. (Mine did not) And also it may not react well with people of sensitive skin. For that they recommend their synthetic brushes which are just as soft, pricey but well worth it. As a makeup artist I use quite a lot of the brushes if not every one for my own makeup as well as clients. They clean easily, dry in a decent amount of time and are just overall a pleasure to use. The price is expensive, I would have never shelled it out if not for the school, is it worth it? Yes, if you're a makeup artist or you really enjoy makeup this will be wonderful. A splurge in which you should save up for. When you think about it though, with all the brushes you might have to replace or the amount you'd pay for lower quality brushes this is a great price if bought online. If not, this is not the brush roll for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by VoR

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

They have upgraded this collection as the full set now contains 22 brushes (rather than the previous 19) Updated photograph also added.

They have possibly upgraded the quality of the brushes too as despite the last two reviews I have been using these brushes for the last month and have experienced absolutely NO shedding whatsoever. The brushes are soft, gentle on the skin and yet very easy to work with and effective at picking up and distributing product as and where I want it.

Although this is expensive to buy ($475 AUD) the brush roll is beautiful leather and will last forever (in fact I probably would have happily paid $125 for this alone) and given that the average (quality) make up brush costs around $45 - $50 I figured it worked out a good deal. I thought that there would be several brushes that I would never use and in fact I planned to swap / or sell online the ones I didn't use, thinking this would offset the cost, but I find that in fact apart from the eye lash comb (whoever uses those?) I pretty much use them all (so bang goes that money saving plan!)

To sum up, an expensive luxury item for sure, but a practical and useful one which I pull out every day and which makes me happy when I do. Love it :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by ns4487

I wish i could give this a 3.5. It is a good brush roll, the actual roll itself is nice, but some of the brushes are duds. They shed A LOT the first few times you use them, which is annoying when you are trying to do someone elses makeup. Other than that, the price is really hefty, so I think if you are looking for investment brushes, try MAC first before purchasing something like this. My brush roll consists of some of NPs brushes, some of MACs and some from NARS and Bobbi Brown. Find what works for you, but I would recommend buying brushes seperately and getting the ones you want than spending $450 for some that are just useless and crap.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2004 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Babydollygirl

This roll contain 19 brushes. I dont really use all of it, i uses probably the 12, and the rest just sit there. I like the big flushy brushes and the brushes for eye shadow. I hardly use the one to comb through eye brows.

But overall Napoleon's brushes are great. But very pricey, $450.

The roll are great, they are made of leather, and i heard it will last forever. So far i had them for almost 5 months now, with shampooing every week and spraying the brush clenser (im a clean freak) it is still in tip top contidion.

ps: do not use the brush clenser to clean the handle of the brushes, it will take away the colour.