Nivea Lip Care - Rose

2.8

on 4/5/2015 2:18:00 PM

I have the one called Soft Rose, new packaging with slanted tip. In the beggining i didn't like it, because it makes my pale lips look even whiter. However, after trying it some more i've discovered it really has moisturizing properties, and leaves the lips very soft. Overall i like it a lot.

on 4/4/2015 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

My mom got this as a free bonus because she bought the body lotion and gave this to me. I didnt have high expectations before but after using it I was like whoaaa! It moisturizes my lips very well and suprisingly I love this way better than maybelline's baby lips.

on 6/28/2014 8:37:00 PM

I bought this product when I was in dire need of a moisturising lip product, because any lip balm that suggested moisturising AND a nice tint was something I definitely needed to try. The packaging for this product is simple and lovely. I found that the scent was a slightly chemical sweet, so I assumed the best. However, upon applying this lip balmy-glossy-thing, I was kind of disappointed. I found that it left a rather unpleasant greasy sticky feeling (Did I mention the bit where I'm stupidly fussy about lip products?) and provided more of a barrier than any proper moisturising. Admittedly I'm disappointed in Nivea on this one, as I've always considered them one of the better companies as far as skin and lips go, outside of makeup. Of course, others might not have found this to be the case, but personally I'm gonna skip this one from now on.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Just went out and bought the latest version of this product. It cannot say enough that its the best I have ever come across!!
I have extremely dry lips all the time, and have been looking everywhere for a lip balm that isnt to greasy, sticky, or clayish, its PERFECT, has a lovely scent, and a nice soft pink tint to it. The only thing I would have to say against this product, is if you have dark lips, then it tends to have a bluish look to it. I have very light pink lips, so this product works perfectly, but my friend has very dark pink lips and it looked terrible on her.
I would definitely buy this product again! :)

on 4/15/2014 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Smells amazing an keeps your lips moisturised, soft, lightly pink and hydrated! It goes with any look and soothes chapped lips.

on 3/26/2014 3:17:00 PM

I first originally bought this lip balm because I wanted a nude/pink colour lip colour for school that wouldn't be too obvious that you had on, After months of not using this product I finally did and now I really like it. It gives a soft pink matte colour which is ideal for school. I use this nearly every day now, I think it is moisturising but could be a bit better when it comes to softening the lips, You have to put apply quite a lot of product evenly on the lips to get a tint because it isn't that obvious with one coat, However don't put too much on otherwise it gives a 'cakey' look which doesn't cover all of your lips properly. Overall I would recommend this product and it is ideal for a subtle rose colour for school!

on 11/27/2013 10:56:00 AM

It smells like clay and makes your lips look greasy and bluish. Does not moisturize your lips at all. I personally recommend you not to buy this product.

on 8/14/2013 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Don't even bother buying this product because it's a complete waste of money. I used mine once and never touched it again.

It smells like clay or playdough of some sort, which just sucks. And it makes no difference on my lips whatsoever. Definitely not repurchasing.

on 7/6/2013 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This makes me look dead. Loved the rose scent but it made my lips pale lavender blue. Not the most moisturising either kind of slippery and greasy.

on 6/4/2013 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Not really a fan of this lip balm at all, purely because it did very little/nothing for me. In my previous experience with Nivea lip products, they are usually quite thick, moisturising and usually come with a pleasant scent or add a bit of colour to my lips. This one however, is an altogether different story. I think the only positive I would say about it is the packaging is sleek, hygienic and easy to chuck in my handbag or make up bag. The negatives are that I hate the smell, it is plasticky and reminds me of play dough a little, which is not a good thing. I bought it with the idea that it was going to give my lips a rosy tint, given that it is named 'rose', however nothing came up on my lips, it just came up clear on my pale skin. The main point of a lip balm should be that it is moisturising, but if anything, I felt it was more drying. It is not thick at all and I felt absolutely no difference in the condition of my lips. Because I like to wear lip stick a lot, my lips tend to become very dry which is why I need a reliable lip balm, but unfortunately this does not come up to scratch. If you are looking for a good Nivea balm I would go with one of their lip butters, the pearl and shine, the original lip care or the manuka and honey. Would definitely not recommend this one or buy again.

Popular Lip Treatments