September 16, 2014 | 2041 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Lip Care - Rose

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by queenbambi

I bought this product when I was in dire need of a moisturising lip product, because any lip balm that suggested moisturising AND a nice tint was something I definitely needed to try. The packaging for this product is simple and lovely. I found that the scent was a slightly chemical sweet, so I assumed the best. However, upon applying this lip balmy-glossy-thing, I was kind of disappointed. I found that it left a rather unpleasant greasy sticky feeling (Did I mention the bit where I'm stupidly fussy about lip products?) and provided more of a barrier than any proper moisturising. Admittedly I'm disappointed in Nivea on this one, as I've always considered them one of the better companies as far as skin and lips go, outside of makeup. Of course, others might not have found this to be the case, but personally I'm gonna skip this one from now on.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by SamanthaGarratt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just went out and bought the latest version of this product. It cannot say enough that its the best I have ever come across!!
I have extremely dry lips all the time, and have been looking everywhere for a lip balm that isnt to greasy, sticky, or clayish, its PERFECT, has a lovely scent, and a nice soft pink tint to it. The only thing I would have to say against this product, is if you have dark lips, then it tends to have a bluish look to it. I have very light pink lips, so this product works perfectly, but my friend has very dark pink lips and it looked terrible on her.
I would definitely buy this product again! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 3:59:00 AM More reviews by lushblush

Smells amazing an keeps your lips moisturised, soft, lightly pink and hydrated! It goes with any look and soothes chapped lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Floralmakeup

I first originally bought this lip balm because I wanted a nude/pink colour lip colour for school that wouldn't be too obvious that you had on, After months of not using this product I finally did and now I really like it. It gives a soft pink matte colour which is ideal for school. I use this nearly every day now, I think it is moisturising but could be a bit better when it comes to softening the lips, You have to put apply quite a lot of product evenly on the lips to get a tint because it isn't that obvious with one coat, However don't put too much on otherwise it gives a 'cakey' look which doesn't cover all of your lips properly. Overall I would recommend this product and it is ideal for a subtle rose colour for school!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Danaki

It smells like clay and makes your lips look greasy and bluish. Does not moisturize your lips at all. I personally recommend you not to buy this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2013 6:09:00 AM More reviews by YassAndin

Don't even bother buying this product because it's a complete waste of money. I used mine once and never touched it again.

It smells like clay or playdough of some sort, which just sucks. And it makes no difference on my lips whatsoever. Definitely not repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

This makes me look dead. Loved the rose scent but it made my lips pale lavender blue. Not the most moisturising either kind of slippery and greasy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

Not really a fan of this lip balm at all, purely because it did very little/nothing for me. In my previous experience with Nivea lip products, they are usually quite thick, moisturising and usually come with a pleasant scent or add a bit of colour to my lips. This one however, is an altogether different story. I think the only positive I would say about it is the packaging is sleek, hygienic and easy to chuck in my handbag or make up bag. The negatives are that I hate the smell, it is plasticky and reminds me of play dough a little, which is not a good thing. I bought it with the idea that it was going to give my lips a rosy tint, given that it is named 'rose', however nothing came up on my lips, it just came up clear on my pale skin. The main point of a lip balm should be that it is moisturising, but if anything, I felt it was more drying. It is not thick at all and I felt absolutely no difference in the condition of my lips. Because I like to wear lip stick a lot, my lips tend to become very dry which is why I need a reliable lip balm, but unfortunately this does not come up to scratch. If you are looking for a good Nivea balm I would go with one of their lip butters, the pearl and shine, the original lip care or the manuka and honey. Would definitely not recommend this one or buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I always end up buying more of this lip balm. it's one of the few out there that gives a really delicate, soft pink tone to the lips that isn't really glossy, metallic or glittery. it looks so natural and looks lovely against pale skin tones.
I also like the scent!

I also tend to put an SPF lip balm on first, and then add the nivea rose balm, as i find it glides on more smoothly this way (and there is added protection against sun damage).

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by ImPanda

I remember buying this product 8 years ago - it was amazing! Bought this lipstick recently, now the formula has changed and it is a FAIL for Nivea.