April 20, 2014 | 1721 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Lip Care - Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 3:59:00 AM More reviews by lushblush

Smells amazing an keeps your lips moisturised, soft, lightly pink and hydrated! It goes with any look and soothes chapped lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by TinyFreckle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just bought this Nivea Soft Rose lip balm today.
I was worried that I would be disappointed because it has had quite a few bad reviews.
But I don't understand what everyone is complaining about I love it!

THE PACKAGING
I looove the packaging, it is sooo cute!
It's white with a lipstick style cap. It is the PERFECT shade of pink!
There are little roses on it in a lighter pink, they are great decoration :)
The packaging is pretty sturdy and won't open in your pocket or handbag which is great.
I just love everything about the packaging, I cannot find a single fault!

THE PRICE
It's $4.30 NZ which is almost a weeks pocket money but it's definitely worth it.

THE PRODUCT
Now for the product itself.
The balm is a lovely shade of light pink but doesn't leave too much of a tint on your lips which is good for school ;)
It does give your lips the tiniest little pink tint (for me anyway, maybe not for people with darker lips) but its not too noticeable so you would definitely be allowed it for school, even really strict ones. Perfect for me.
It feels really smooth and velvety when applying. It's firmer than the unpigmented Nivea lip balms (not too firm though) which I count as a pro because you don't get too much product on your lips, just enough.
Also it's firmness probably means it won't melt in hot weather like the unpigmented Nivea lip balms do.
I have heard that a lot of people don't like the smell.
Well, everyone has different preferences of course, but I like the smell.
I can understand how some people say it smells like play-dough, I can detect the tiniest hint of it. But I think it smells a bit more like a sort of sweet floral soap. It's quite a sweet smell, I like it.
It works so well. It made my lips smooth and velvety as soon as I had put it on. I hadn't put on any lip balm all day and my lips were quite dry, this sorted that out instantly. Although, probably not for heavy duty work, more like an everyday lip balm.
It's not extremely moisturising but enough for me.

PROS
- Really cute packaging
- Sturdy packaging
- Gives the tiniest pink tint/sheen to your lips which looks nice and natural
- Nice and firm (no melting)
- Smells nice in my opinion
- Makes your lips smooth and velvety
- Works straight away

CONS
- I don't think it has SFP in it (it didn't say anything about it on the packaging)

I would definitely recommend this, it is my new favourite lip balm <3

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Floralmakeup

I first originally bought this lip balm because I wanted a nude/pink colour lip colour for school that wouldn't be too obvious that you had on, After months of not using this product I finally did and now I really like it. It gives a soft pink matte colour which is ideal for school. I use this nearly every day now, I think it is moisturising but could be a bit better when it comes to softening the lips, You have to put apply quite a lot of product evenly on the lips to get a tint because it isn't that obvious with one coat, However don't put too much on otherwise it gives a 'cakey' look which doesn't cover all of your lips properly. Overall I would recommend this product and it is ideal for a subtle rose colour for school!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Danaki

It smells like clay and makes your lips look greasy and bluish. Does not moisturize your lips at all. I personally recommend you not to buy this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2013 6:09:00 AM More reviews by YassAndin

Don't even bother buying this product because it's a complete waste of money. I used mine once and never touched it again.

It smells like clay or playdough of some sort, which just sucks. And it makes no difference on my lips whatsoever. Definitely not repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

This makes me look dead. Loved the rose scent but it made my lips pale lavender blue. Not the most moisturising either kind of slippery and greasy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

Not really a fan of this lip balm at all, purely because it did very little/nothing for me. In my previous experience with Nivea lip products, they are usually quite thick, moisturising and usually come with a pleasant scent or add a bit of colour to my lips. This one however, is an altogether different story. I think the only positive I would say about it is the packaging is sleek, hygienic and easy to chuck in my handbag or make up bag. The negatives are that I hate the smell, it is plasticky and reminds me of play dough a little, which is not a good thing. I bought it with the idea that it was going to give my lips a rosy tint, given that it is named 'rose', however nothing came up on my lips, it just came up clear on my pale skin. The main point of a lip balm should be that it is moisturising, but if anything, I felt it was more drying. It is not thick at all and I felt absolutely no difference in the condition of my lips. Because I like to wear lip stick a lot, my lips tend to become very dry which is why I need a reliable lip balm, but unfortunately this does not come up to scratch. If you are looking for a good Nivea balm I would go with one of their lip butters, the pearl and shine, the original lip care or the manuka and honey. Would definitely not recommend this one or buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I always end up buying more of this lip balm. it's one of the few out there that gives a really delicate, soft pink tone to the lips that isn't really glossy, metallic or glittery. it looks so natural and looks lovely against pale skin tones.
I also like the scent!

I also tend to put an SPF lip balm on first, and then add the nivea rose balm, as i find it glides on more smoothly this way (and there is added protection against sun damage).

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by ImPanda

I remember buying this product 8 years ago - it was amazing! Bought this lipstick recently, now the formula has changed and it is a FAIL for Nivea.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Lauraoperagirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

This lip balm give my lips a pink tint, but it wasn't very moisturizing at all. I don't think ill be buying this again.