Biore Self - Heating Mask

3.2

Butylene Glycol, Sodium Silicoaluminate, Kaolin, PEG 8, Methyl Gluceth 20, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Talc, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene, Ethylcellulose, BHT, Fragrance, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ultramarines

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Omg I just tried a sample of this and had to quickly review it. I don't know about the long term effects of this product and whether or not it makes your skin any better or worse. But upon my first impression I loved it!!! I have eczema and therefor sensitive skin but this didn't bother me as it bothered others. Honestly I was having a rough day at work and came home and decided to try this out after washing my makeup off. It felt freaking amazing! It heats up as soon as you start to rub it and it gets pretty hot so if you're really sensitive to heat then I'd beware. But it cools down after a few seconds and it feels like a breathe of fresh air on your face. Similar to the feeling of an icy hot or Vicks vapor rub- you feel the cool through your pores and nose. It's really calming and relaxing and makes your face feel so fresh afterwards for 5 to 10 minutes. My face felt smooth and looked a little brighter. Yes the product is a bit sticky and thick but that didn't bother me at all since its a mask I was assuming it would be a thick texture. I'm going out to buy some of these and I definitely recommend. Never have I tried a face mask and enjoyed the feeling of it on my skin as much as this product. I'm not giving it a 5 only because this is my first impression. I will update it after a few more uses.

on 1/2/2015 8:55:00 PM

My pores have been more obvious in the last year. I was searching for a mask when I came across this. I have used and still use the strips and like them. It left my pores much less pronounced and my skin smooth.

on 10/18/2014 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I live in the city and had heard about the benefits of using charcoal masks if you live in an urban environment to help get all of the junk in the air out of your skin - I use a charcoal cleanser and it works okay (won't buy again but will finish the bottle) so I decided to try charcoal masks. These come in these little packets that can be irritating to open and then you have to squeeze this gunky gel out of them that kind of sticks to your fingers. Once you put it on your face it begins to heat up which is really nice in the winter time and then once you wash it off it cools, almost like putting menthol on your face. You can buy a lot better charcoal masks for the same money which exfoliate way better, in my opinion. There aslo isn't a lot of gel in the packages so unless you really squeeze it all out you likely won't get enough to really cover your face, especially since you're only supposed to leave it on for a few minutes. This one is worth the $2 for that warm oozy feeling on your face after a long day outside in the winter but other than that, you won't get much out of it.

Slight warning - if you are using a prescription acne medication like Tactuo/Epiduo or Biacna/Ziana you should stay away from this mask for a few days. My skin didn't mind it while I was on the Biacna but I used it the day after I used Tactuo (24 hours after) and my face was on fire after washing it off. The feeling went away after a minute or two but painful enough for me to come online and warn everyone else!

on 9/29/2014 7:21:00 AM

When I saw this in target recently I kinda freaked out and bought 4 of these. I loved these masks in middle school and I don't know if they only stopped carrying them in my area or if they totally went away but I was really excited. The old mask changed colors and I don't remember it having charcoal but the redesign still has that warming and then cooling sensation which feels amazing. It also has exfoliating beads and charcoal which my acne prone skin seems to like. The box come with 4 packets plus a bonus packet. So you get five uses per box. I cut one open and use it in the shower once a week. I rub it in until the heat stops and the cooling begins and then I leave it on for 3 or 4 minutes. It feels so good!

on 9/3/2014 12:50:00 AM

When I saw this in the store I was really excited to try it out. I love the benefits of charcoal on oily skin and with the heat of summer my face has been an oily mess with super sized pores

I really liked the feeling when I first put it on and even after rinsing my skin felt incredibly clean and soft, however there was no difference in my skins health or look even after using it a couple of times. It's $8 and it doesn't do anything special so I don't plan on using it again.

on 8/27/2014 3:27:00 PM

Received this as a bonus product paired up with the biore deep charcoal cleanser. I would not repurchase this product as it didn't do anything to my normal/combination skin and for 4 packets at $8 i think it is a bit much. First off, i liked the sensation this mask applies on, a few seconds of heating then afterwards i felt the cooling effect through out the whole time the mask is on my face. There are little scrubby particles in this mask, not alot but good enough for gentle exfoliation. As far as doing what it claims, i see no "purifying effect" on my blackheads or pores. It just left my face feeling clean and refreshed. There are better products out there that does what it claims and get more product out of $8.

on 8/7/2014 9:50:00 PM

The formula of the product has changed, and is also repackaged. I have been recently breaking out, and this was on special at chemist warehouse for $5, so I thought I would give it a go. It heats up when applied to the skin in a thick layer, you could definately get 2 uses out of one packet. I think it would be better packaged in a tube, for easier access. The skin cools down once washed off. I think it helped to reduce the appearance of blemishes, but did not remove them. Still happy with the results. Although I dont think I would pay the full price ($8) for this product.

on 5/24/2014 7:25:00 PM

I think they might have repackaged and or reformulated this since this thread was started. Anyway, the new incarnation is the self-heating, charcoal based mask. This is activated with water and let me tell you, the results are nothing less than amazing. My oily-normal skin has a a healthy, new matte look that I love, with smaller pores (is that possible?) and a lovely clarity. You leave this on for a minute, though I give it about five minutes and voila, soft, smooth, incredible skin. I absolutely adore this product!

on 4/2/2014 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Wow, this mask is cool. It is a one-minute, self-heating mask that comes in a four-pack of single-use applications. I'm not going to go into details about how to apply it, but once applied it really does warm up quite a bit to open up your pores. It also smells amazing! The packaging says that it's supposed to draw out impurities and make your pores smaller. I was hoping this was some poor-girl's dupe of the GlamGlow mud mask that is blowing up on every makeup guru's video feed lately. At first, I was disappointed. It doesn't act in the same way that the GlamGow mask does. You massage it on, let it sit for a minute , and rinse it off. After you rinse, it leaves your skin feeling cool and clean. But it doesn't dry and show vacuumed-out oil spots like the GlamGlow mask, so I was bummed. But then I noticed that it really did pull some of that gunk out of the blackhead-stricken areas on my nose, which was awesome! After a second use a week later (I didn't want to overdo it because my skin is so sensitive), I could really see a difference in the size and severity of the blackheads on my nose. I will definitely be using this product again! I got my package at Ulta for around $7, but you can get it basically anywhere that sells Biorč products. It's pretty expensive for only four uses, which is disappointing, and the packaging sucks. It would be better if it came in a tube so you can use more or less to your liking and get more for your money.

on 3/16/2014 11:50:00 PM

If it's in your cart, take it out. If you bought it, return it. If you can't return, trash it. This is horrid. It makes your face burning hot and only inflames it and makes it sensitive. My face was on fire for 5 minutes, even after washing. Inflammation is horrible for skin. My thought was that the charcoal was a decent mask ingredient, and perhaps it is, but not this product.

Popular Masks