October 24, 2014 | 1767 users online

Masks - Biore - Self - Heating Mask

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Lo08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I live in the city and had heard about the benefits of using charcoal masks if you live in an urban environment to help get all of the junk in the air out of your skin - I use a charcoal cleanser and it works okay (won't buy again but will finish the bottle) so I decided to try charcoal masks. These come in these little packets that can be irritating to open and then you have to squeeze this gunky gel out of them that kind of sticks to your fingers. Once you put it on your face it begins to heat up which is really nice in the winter time and then once you wash it off it cools, almost like putting menthol on your face. You can buy a lot better charcoal masks for the same money which exfoliate way better, in my opinion. There aslo isn't a lot of gel in the packages so unless you really squeeze it all out you likely won't get enough to really cover your face, especially since you're only supposed to leave it on for a few minutes. This one is worth the $2 for that warm oozy feeling on your face after a long day outside in the winter but other than that, you won't get much out of it.

Slight warning - if you are using a prescription acne medication like Tactuo/Epiduo or Biacna/Ziana you should stay away from this mask for a few days. My skin didn't mind it while I was on the Biacna but I used it the day after I used Tactuo (24 hours after) and my face was on fire after washing it off. The feeling went away after a minute or two but painful enough for me to come online and warn everyone else!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 7:21:00 AM More reviews by reggiemoon

When I saw this in target recently I kinda freaked out and bought 4 of these. I loved these masks in middle school and I don't know if they only stopped carrying them in my area or if they totally went away but I was really excited. The old mask changed colors and I don't remember it having charcoal but the redesign still has that warming and then cooling sensation which feels amazing. It also has exfoliating beads and charcoal which my acne prone skin seems to like. The box come with 4 packets plus a bonus packet. So you get five uses per box. I cut one open and use it in the shower once a week. I rub it in until the heat stops and the cooling begins and then I leave it on for 3 or 4 minutes. It feels so good!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by lthoms

When I saw this in the store I was really excited to try it out. I love the benefits of charcoal on oily skin and with the heat of summer my face has been an oily mess with super sized pores

I really liked the feeling when I first put it on and even after rinsing my skin felt incredibly clean and soft, however there was no difference in my skins health or look even after using it a couple of times. It's $8 and it doesn't do anything special so I don't plan on using it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by windy218

Received this as a bonus product paired up with the biore deep charcoal cleanser. I would not repurchase this product as it didn't do anything to my normal/combination skin and for 4 packets at $8 i think it is a bit much. First off, i liked the sensation this mask applies on, a few seconds of heating then afterwards i felt the cooling effect through out the whole time the mask is on my face. There are little scrubby particles in this mask, not alot but good enough for gentle exfoliation. As far as doing what it claims, i see no "purifying effect" on my blackheads or pores. It just left my face feeling clean and refreshed. There are better products out there that does what it claims and get more product out of $8.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Danielleox

The formula of the product has changed, and is also repackaged. I have been recently breaking out, and this was on special at chemist warehouse for $5, so I thought I would give it a go. It heats up when applied to the skin in a thick layer, you could definately get 2 uses out of one packet. I think it would be better packaged in a tube, for easier access. The skin cools down once washed off. I think it helped to reduce the appearance of blemishes, but did not remove them. Still happy with the results. Although I dont think I would pay the full price ($8) for this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think they might have repackaged and or reformulated this since this thread was started. Anyway, the new incarnation is the self-heating, charcoal based mask. This is activated with water and let me tell you, the results are nothing less than amazing. My oily-normal skin has a a healthy, new matte look that I love, with smaller pores (is that possible?) and a lovely clarity. You leave this on for a minute, though I give it about five minutes and voila, soft, smooth, incredible skin. I absolutely adore this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Iblamethejay

Wow, this mask is cool. It is a one-minute, self-heating mask that comes in a four-pack of single-use applications. I'm not going to go into details about how to apply it, but once applied it really does warm up quite a bit to open up your pores. It also smells amazing! The packaging says that it's supposed to draw out impurities and make your pores smaller. I was hoping this was some poor-girl's dupe of the GlamGlow mud mask that is blowing up on every makeup guru's video feed lately. At first, I was disappointed. It doesn't act in the same way that the GlamGow mask does. You massage it on, let it sit for a minute , and rinse it off. After you rinse, it leaves your skin feeling cool and clean. But it doesn't dry and show vacuumed-out oil spots like the GlamGlow mask, so I was bummed. But then I noticed that it really did pull some of that gunk out of the blackhead-stricken areas on my nose, which was awesome! After a second use a week later (I didn't want to overdo it because my skin is so sensitive), I could really see a difference in the size and severity of the blackheads on my nose. I will definitely be using this product again! I got my package at Ulta for around $7, but you can get it basically anywhere that sells Biorč products. It's pretty expensive for only four uses, which is disappointing, and the packaging sucks. It would be better if it came in a tube so you can use more or less to your liking and get more for your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by snowymtn

If it's in your cart, take it out. If you bought it, return it. If you can't return, trash it. This is horrid. It makes your face burning hot and only inflames it and makes it sensitive. My face was on fire for 5 minutes, even after washing. Inflammation is horrible for skin. My thought was that the charcoal was a decent mask ingredient, and perhaps it is, but not this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by talullahxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Received this mask as a sample from Biore, and overall I really do not like it at all! As I put it on my face I thought it was interesting that it was heating and sort of felt nice, however as I was massaging the rest on my face as it was directed on the instructions for one minute, I noticed how incredibly sticky and gross it felt. I also found it weird that it was dark & states that it has 'natural charcoal' in it.. The worst part about this mask was that after you wash your face, your face feels like its completely cooling, weird feeling, as if you put some muscle cooling cream all over it! Absolutely awful and as soon as your face is completely clear of it, it also feels as though its burning!!! I do have a bit of sensitive skin, and very acne-prone, so if you have similar skin like mine, don't try this mask.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2014 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Amandajulia1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this mask with my seventeen magazine, and thought it would be fun to try out. The mask burned my face, which isn't sensitive, and I woke up the next day with my face looking red and sunburned. Would not recommend.