July 23, 2014 | 2099 users online

Masks - Biore - Self - Heating Mask

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think they might have repackaged and or reformulated this since this thread was started. Anyway, the new incarnation is the self-heating, charcoal based mask. This is activated with water and let me tell you, the results are nothing less than amazing. My oily-normal skin has a a healthy, new matte look that I love, with smaller pores (is that possible?) and a lovely clarity. You leave this on for a minute, though I give it about five minutes and voila, soft, smooth, incredible skin. I absolutely adore this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Iblamethejay

Wow, this mask is cool. It is a one-minute, self-heating mask that comes in a four-pack of single-use applications. I'm not going to go into details about how to apply it, but once applied it really does warm up quite a bit to open up your pores. It also smells amazing! The packaging says that it's supposed to draw out impurities and make your pores smaller. I was hoping this was some poor-girl's dupe of the GlamGlow mud mask that is blowing up on every makeup guru's video feed lately. At first, I was disappointed. It doesn't act in the same way that the GlamGow mask does. You massage it on, let it sit for a minute , and rinse it off. After you rinse, it leaves your skin feeling cool and clean. But it doesn't dry and show vacuumed-out oil spots like the GlamGlow mask, so I was bummed. But then I noticed that it really did pull some of that gunk out of the blackhead-stricken areas on my nose, which was awesome! After a second use a week later (I didn't want to overdo it because my skin is so sensitive), I could really see a difference in the size and severity of the blackheads on my nose. I will definitely be using this product again! I got my package at Ulta for around $7, but you can get it basically anywhere that sells Biorč products. It's pretty expensive for only four uses, which is disappointing, and the packaging sucks. It would be better if it came in a tube so you can use more or less to your liking and get more for your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by snowymtn

If it's in your cart, take it out. If you bought it, return it. If you can't return, trash it. This is horrid. It makes your face burning hot and only inflames it and makes it sensitive. My face was on fire for 5 minutes, even after washing. Inflammation is horrible for skin. My thought was that the charcoal was a decent mask ingredient, and perhaps it is, but not this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by talullahxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Received this mask as a sample from Biore, and overall I really do not like it at all! As I put it on my face I thought it was interesting that it was heating and sort of felt nice, however as I was massaging the rest on my face as it was directed on the instructions for one minute, I noticed how incredibly sticky and gross it felt. I also found it weird that it was dark & states that it has 'natural charcoal' in it.. The worst part about this mask was that after you wash your face, your face feels like its completely cooling, weird feeling, as if you put some muscle cooling cream all over it! Absolutely awful and as soon as your face is completely clear of it, it also feels as though its burning!!! I do have a bit of sensitive skin, and very acne-prone, so if you have similar skin like mine, don't try this mask.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2014 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Amandajulia1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this mask with my seventeen magazine, and thought it would be fun to try out. The mask burned my face, which isn't sensitive, and I woke up the next day with my face looking red and sunburned. Would not recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2014 3:50:00 AM More reviews by Bellzy10

Luckily I only had a tester of this product because when I used it was really bad. It does heat up when I initially put it on my face but the heat quickly disappears, the mask is really thick and sticky and it gets all over your hands because you have to massage it in. Its also really hard to wipe off due to it's thickness and i'm left with finding sticky areas on my face where it hasn't fully come off. I did use a tester so I don't know how much it costs or what the packaging is like but I hope its not to expensive because it would have been a waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by husky2301

Doesn't seem to do much. It does initially heat up when it first comes into contact with your face but cools down extremely quickly. I find it sticky and my face doesn't feel any cleaner or anything after. Not worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by vcg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i find this mask to be somewhat inefficient but i have only used it once so far so this is all based on only the first time i used it! firstly, the warming feeling only lasts about a second - it'd be nice if it could last a bit longer. the warming also starts as soon as you squeeze it out on your hands so as your putting the mask on one part of your face, it has already cooled down by the time you put it on other parts and it just doesn't feel very, hmm, even?. secondly, i don't think there's enough in each individual mask packet - maybe two at a time would be better or that might be a bit of an overload? thirdly, it has quite a sticky consistency that i found quite hard to start to spread on my face and it doesn't feel like a normal mask. it actually feels kinda heavy and pore clogging in a way, considering there isn't all that much in one mask packet. it reminds me of some sort of sticky, heavy non-foaming cleanser. and lastly i honestly didn't see or feel much difference with my skin after using it - pores looked the same, felt a bit softer. i will finish the other 7 masks in the box and see how it goes otherwise i would not recommend it as it doesn't feel like it does much, if anything at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by musiclives

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product definitely gets a thumbs down from me. Right off the bat, skip this if you have any skin sensitivity issues whatsoever. The heat, which I assumed would be a mild/soothing one was nearly painful to me. Not only that, the texture is thick and unpleasant and sticky; very difficult to wash off even in the shower. Now for the effects... I'm not quite sure I can pinpoint it on this product as I was trying a few new ones additionally, but a few days after the initial application my skin had a few new bumps and clogged pores. My skin is not sensitive and I don't get acne often, however this product definitely affected it in a negative way.

It gets two lippies for the packaging, which I thought was very nice and convenient. The product comes in eight individual packages which were sanitary and good portions. It was also quite inexpensive at $4.

Stick with Queen Helene Mint Julepe Mask if you're looking for something that minimizes pores.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It does get warm pretty quickly. Easy to put on and wasn't bad to get off. I didn't notice a change in my skin though, looked and felt the same.