October 20, 2014 | 1067 users online

Fragrances - Coty - Raw Vanilla

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by tessture

I frequently wear men's cologne and much of it is wonderful for either sex. This one goes on distinctly leaning towards the male, with a crisp woody green note that I personally love. The bottle says "Green leaves, bamboo and teak." I can actually smell those things, though I suspect I'm reading into it. Anyway, it's crisp, fresh and green. It starts to mellow into a lovely vanilla very quickly, smooth and dry, with those green notes lingering, but it passes by this lovely stage a little too fast for me and ends up a sandalwood vanilla. Upside, it's a good sandalwood vanilla, with good lasting power and a nice blend that doesn't smell like I paid as little as I did. Downside, I don't wear sandalwood/vanilla blends very well, and in the end, they tend to get murky and oversweet on me. Which this did, so I scrubbed.Still, it's worth a try, for men or women.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2004 11:40:00 PM More reviews by mimine

This review is for the cologne for men (Winner Fifi awards 1996). There is a Raw Vanilla for women (1995) but I've never tried it (I can't find it anywhere). This is a well blended woody-ambery not too foody vanilla and it's pretty good quality. It won't break the bank and will leave your male friend happy and quite yummy smelling. I've used a sample to dab on myself and enjoyed the experience but it's not something I would wear myself regularly. Good staying power too for a cologne.