April 20, 2014 | 1022 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Mason Pearson - Detangling Comb

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Jojode

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought along with the rake comb. Great tool for less breakage, less tangled hair. Hair doesnt pull as much. Smooth detangling A must-have in my opinion. I have 4b/4c hair

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by dolledup21

I bought the detangling comb in hopes it would reduce hair snagging snapping and being ripped out and would make detangling much easier! Unfortunately,It doesn't seem much better then my $2.00 comb from stop and shop. It's a bit better but not by much. I'm disappointed with this comb, I guess I had high hopes. I have short, very thin, curly/wavy hair that is always a rats nest and tangled beyond belief. This just didn't do it for me. My hair still snags and it still pulls. Oh well, I'll still use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've had this for so many years and I absolutely love it. I even have a back up just in case because I'd probably have a panic attack if I lost mine. It's beautifully made, comfortable to use with a streamline shape and slender handle. No seams to snag or break hair. Average combs don't compare and once you use this there's no going back. I have very long hair, tons of it, and it's on the fine side so it tangles. I don't use any leave-in conditioners, only this to detangle my hair after washing and it glides through without tugging or taking hair along with it. Detangles gently and quickly. I rarely ever get any shedding hair caught in this when I use it. It's the only comb I use on my hair and I can't recommend it enough, especially if you have long hair or a sensitive scalp.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to have a wonderful acetate hair comb that was made in France. After moving several times, I somehow lost it and felt really guilty, as it was gifted to me by my mother. I recently received this comb for Christmas and it's nearly identical to the comb my mother gave me. It's made of a sturdy acetate with smooth edges and durable-feeling teeth. I almost bought a similar looking comb by Swissco but realized that it was made in India, while the Mason Pearson is made in Switzerland. The Swissco comb also was not as smoothly polished in between the teeth. I'm glad I went this comb instead, and am very happy with its quality and performance!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2009 11:52:00 AM More reviews by orangeade15

I did not realize how much I loved this comb until mine broke and I went out and bought a cheap replacement from the drugstore.The Mason Pearson comb is so much better!!!! It has a wonderful weight, a comfortable shape, and does not snag my hair. Totally smooth!!!!! Yes, it is very pricey but worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2008 7:46:00 PM More reviews by gelo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this comb glides through my hair effortlessly and smoothly. of course i still have to work out the tangles patiently like any other comb but this mason pearson detangling comb c2 really feels smoother combing through my hair than cheaper combs. it is so smooth that it never scratches my scalp. i paid $26 on drugstore.com. it's approximately 19.5cm long (10cm not including handle), 4.5cm wide with 2mm teeth spacing.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2008 12:57:00 AM More reviews by havenexpress

I read 20 reviews on beauty.com and all but 1 gave this comb a 5 star rating. Impressive enough, so I ordered it for $26. I like it, since it doesn't scratch my scalp or pull at my hair. The rounded bristle does reduce/eliminate any kind of pulling. My coworkers who saw my beauty.com package and saw the price of the comb insisted that I could have gotten a similar comb from Target for $3. Whether this comb outperforms a $3 comb significantly, or not, I don't think I care too much, so long this one works for me. And it does.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2008 8:30:00 PM More reviews by jennyd

I use either this comb or the rake comb to pick out my naturally wavy hair when it's dry. I don't have to worry about frizzies or breakage. Incidentally, I use the Detangler brush when it's wet and it is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2005 4:16:00 PM More reviews by ecaldwell

I really like this comb. I use it right after I get out of the shower to comb my hair before I put in my leave-in conditioner. The tips are smooth and rounded so they don't scratch your scalp. This is a very good product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2005 10:46:00 AM More reviews by jenimmacto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this is a fabulous quality comb, but discovered it really had no place in my haircare regime. i love its design, durability, etc., but have found that my fine, dry hair is less damaged when i used a wider toothed comb with conditioner in the shower and a brush while blowdrying. i gave it a 4 b/c while it's great, it's not essential. mason pearson does do a wide-toothed comb, so if your hair type is like mine you should check that out instead!