mark Kissink Lip Tintmarker

3.9

on 10/1/2011 4:45:00 PM

Do not fear the red - "Red Siren." I ordered the berry, and it was a bit too bold and pink for me. On the other hand, the red is a soft & muted natural red. I don't wear red lipstick, but I use this tint - by itself or as a base. This lip stain beats L'Oreal or Covergirl, both of which are inferior products imo. The only stain that I've found to be better is the Bourjois lip pen in Framboise (Strawberry), which sadly is discontinued and hard to find. The Bourjois was available at Sephora and Sephora has yet to stock a product that is comparable in color & lasting ability at the Bourjois price ($15ish).

A word of warning - I believe the Kissink products are discontinued ... or about to be. There is very limited availability at Avon. I just stocked up on Red Siren so that I wouldn't be without ... learned my lesson with Bourjois. So, if you like this tint, run to Avon and buy some ... before they are all gone. Regularly $6.99, currently $2.99.

Run!

on 1/15/2011 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I love this product. I use berry and outline my lips first, then just run the side across my bottom lip and press my lips together. add more if needed and top with lip conditioner or a light gloss color and it is perfect for me.

on 10/18/2010 2:46:00 PM

LOVE this stuff, way better than Covergirl's lip tint. It lasts a very long time and doesn't have any bitter taste.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

HOW TO USE:

This needs to be used with lip balm, period. The formula is drying and doesn't go on evenly - so WORK WITH IT. Just like you might use primer for your eyelids, you need primer with this.

Apply a clear (for me, matte) lip balm on bare lips, then swipe the ink over your bottom lip with the flat side of the marker (not the tip). Rub your lips together - this evens out the tint and spreads it to both lips. Want more color? Repeat the application of the ink and rub your lips together again, and watch the color increase. As the day goes on, reapply lip balm as needed. I didn't find reapplication of the ink necessary at all.

When you know how to use it, it works fine! I like this for a matte red stain - gives me a bright fresh look for every day, and keeps my lips muted if I glam up my eyes. Lipstick is too much hassle and maintenance.

UPDATE: I now use Sephora Wine Lip and Cheek Stain in 02 Pinot. It's WAY easier and much less hassle than this, and looks better and more natural.

on 10/6/2009 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I was very pleased to see that the product has been put back on the market! This time you only have two options, berry smitten and red siren. I bought red siren (!) and the color is SO pigmented! It's amazingly easy to apply, lasts ALL day, and smells amazing! It does not taste good though!

This is a stain, so you need to apply it to a bare lip. You can add chapstick over it after it is done drying.

This is one of my everyday essentials!

on 9/12/2009 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

They are very pigmented, but if you blot it with tissue before it dries it's lighter and in my opinion, looks better.

For those people that say it beads when they put in on over chapstick:
DUH!
You can't use a marker on anything waxy.
This IS a marker, some people amaze me. ;
All in all, good marker.
I have both Berry Smitten & Red Siren, the other have been discontinued.
They're both nice, I would've liked the Berry one lighter if I had to change anything.

Packaging is very nice & it doesn't leave my lips feeling weird, it just feels like my normal lips.

on 7/31/2009 1:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love these!! this is my first stain ever, and I'm amazed at how well these work I have it in red siren and berry, they smell good and when you layer gloss over these they have lasting power and doesn't feel cakey. You can go from subtle to dramatic depending on how much product you layer on, I would definitely recommend.

on 7/31/2009 12:54:00 PM

You can make these lighter or darker depending on what you layer over/under them. These are one of the best products to use if you want something that stays all day. And for 6.00 or 7.00 how can you go wrong?

Love them!!!

ALSO lip tints ARE NOT made to feel GLOSSY. They are supposed to dry and feel like nothing. Layering your fav gloss over them is best :)

on 7/27/2009 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have both of the current kissink colors-berry bitten and red siren. I had seen an article in a magazine, and the model had been wearing this beautiful pinky color, super light and great looking for summer. It said that it was berry bitten kissink. Definitely not. These are markers for your lips, and the colors are very dark. If you are expecting light summer colors, don't buy these! I only use these for winter, or when I need waterproof lips. Berry bitten is a deep pinkish plum on me, and red siren is a deep burgundy-red. I do like them, they were just not what I was expecting.

on 7/18/2009 12:05:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I thought I'd go ahead and write a newer review of Kissink, seeing as all these are, well, old.

Update on the Kissink front: there are now only two basic colors, Berry Bitten and Red Siren. I own Red Siren, as berry tones make me look a little like a corpse.

I can't say enough good things about this product. I love lip stains, and mark. came along a while ago with the "magic marker" concept- before Cover Girl, for example. It's easy to use and easy to add layers to intensify color! Kissink has never dried out my lips, and I find that there aren't any funny splodgy bits on my mouth after it has set. You do need to let it set, and as with all stains, apply it evenly and carefully. Red Siren allows me to either be very subtle (I just ate a strawberry popsicle and got it on my lips) or dramatic (I decided to be Kat Dennings for the day).