Ben Nye Translucent Powder in Buff

on 2/18/2015 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Initially I was actually eager to try on the Banana Powder, but read it online that it's good as a highlighter, (under eyes, etc) and I should apply the color that matches my skin tone for all over. So my sister and I bought Buff.

We're so glad that we bought it. This Luxury Powder really has micro-milled texture, feels very light on my skin but oil absorbent. Perfect for finishing after my BB cream/foundation ritual.
Before, I didn't understand the purpose of using a finishing/setting powder - I usually start my makeup with mineral loose powder/BB cushion or sometimes if I need more coverage I use my BB cream/foundation and finish with mineral loose powder which for a while feels good but still a bit too oily/heavy.
With Ben Nye Buff, not anymore. Coverage is just right! But of course, for me it's not enough to wear it alone without a base.

Very affordable with the size. Packaging is not very convenient, but it's fine.
I think every women should have a pot.

on 10/13/2004 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a decent powder, although slightly heavy for my skin. I prefer finer milled powders, personally. This shade is also too dark, and too orange for my skin tone, but that's the hazard of ordering cosmetics on the internet. I haven't given up on Ben Nye yet, I'll be trying the Neutral Set powder next time.