July 25, 2014 | 1738 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - ultimate shine shampoo bar

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 4:07:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is ok. I purchased it because I wanted to give a solid shampoo a try for travelling. I like the solid for this purpose and I will try another variety, but I am not sure about this one. It hasn't done anything bad, but it hasn't done anything good either. Mine seems not to have a fragrance, and it doesn't make my hair more shiny. Thank goodness I haven't noticed any glitter. I chose it because it had few ingredients, and I tend to think less is more with products since I am sensitive to many things. I have not found it drying. I wonder if people are using too much product? It is easy to overdo. I just lather in my hands a little bit and then work through hair, mostly the scalp. It is very concentrated. I imagine if you rub it over your hair, through the lengths, you're applying too much. I will use it up and then try a different one.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by fisek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Maybe it's just me, but this shampoo bar has no scent! I don't mind though. It lathers up very easily and cleanses thouroughly. You have to use a pretty thick conditioner, since it makes hair feel really coarse, even while you're still washing it. It dehydrated my hair, but made it really shiny. I don't even know how that's possible - maybe it's the glitter that does that, I don't know. But it does give great shine, so I guess I'll use it up, with extra moisturizing conditioner and serums, but I probably won't repurchase

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by paneradfisk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LUSH DESCRIPTION:
"Shine on: Ultimate Shine makes your hair super glossy without the need for a conditioner.
Beautiful and effective: Our violet-infused bar cares for your scalp, keeping it clean and oil-free.
Double duty: Aromatherapists use uplifting ylang ylang to treat stress and depression but it is also effective for balancing the scalp and hair."

Ylang ylang is used to stimulate hair growth/stop hair fall out. Can't find any information about violet leaf oil for hair.
~

SMELL:
The scent reminds me of a little of root beer and a classic chewing gum in my country called Jenka, which tasted like very mild and sweet mint. Also I think about the smell of pine trees. This might sound weird but it is a very subtle and pleasant scent.

HOW TO USE:
I wet my hair and rub this on top of my head. It lathers alot (after all the first two ingredients are Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate). Hair feels really clean and soft afterwards but there is no way I would use this without a conditioner.
EFFECT:
Clean hair, nothing more, nothing less. Except this drinks up my bright red hair colour as if it's a vampire. I have now switched to LUSH Blousey which works much, much better for my hair colour.

CONCLUSION:
This is a pleasant smelling shampoo, animal and environment friendly, and cleanses thoroughly. That's where it ends. Oh and the stripping of hair colour. I now use this as a body soap because I like the scent, and have switched to LUSH Blousey shampoo instead, which works much better for my hair colour.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by LeMaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Cleans my hair well, but leaves no shine and I need a really good conditioner afterwards because I swear it sucks all the moisture out.
The bar bubbles up well, but I have to put it on a piece of baking paper so that it doesn't stick to the shelf in my shower.
I will use this until the bar runs out as it wasn't that cheap, but I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

It smells good and cleans my hair but that is pretty much it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair has not been chemically processed for 1-2 years. They are dry but not extremely damaged. This shampoo bar made my hair very dry and when i switch back to using New shampoo bar, my hair went back to normal. I have oily scalp and this seems to make my scalp feel less clean...

Will not re-purchase this

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by ninoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hint: use a plastic retainer case---the kind you need to wear after bracing teeth for storage. They even have a drain hole... Perfect.

I tried a few of the Lush solid shampoos because I thought they would be good for air travel, & I liked them so much I gave some as stocking stuffers this year. I washed my hair a couple of days ago with this one, and conditioned with the Jungle (solid). It works better to use a nice creamy conditioner though as I found my slightly wavy hair rather fly-away on day two. Also liked the Karma Komba, Godiva, and the Reincarnate which makes my hair seem thicker -- it feels drier but I know its just the coating of henna it leaves.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by momominky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I find this too harsh to use regularly, but it's great in occasional rotation to strip away buildup and residue. It's easy to use and lasts for ages.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by TennysonGrace

I love Lush products. But this one didn't really deliver any shine. Stick to Godiva its way better!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

STORAGE of Lush bars...
My dad suggested cutting a kitchen sponge in half and storing it on the outside edge of my shower/tub (someplace where it won't get soaked with water and can dry out if it gets damp), and I rest my bar on top. It keeps them clean and neat and comes of the sponge with no mess.

This has been great for my hair. I live in a dry climate and it doesn't give me flyaways. AND I used it in humid Houston f or a week, where my hair normally puffs up, and my hair looked fine. I also didn't have to apply any product in either climate. That is what I love about it so much.

10.95+ shipping is kind of steep, but I will buy more when I run out. I have had mine since Christmas and it is about 1/4" thick (a fresh bar is about 1/2" thick), a little thinner in the middle. It should last me another month, but since this is my first bar, I will see how it is once it becomes a sliver.

I received this and the Hard shampoo for my apt's hard water, but I find Shine works as well or better than the Shine one.

This is a white bar with no little flowers or pieces of anything in it (unlike many other Lush bars including Hard) so there is no weird mess in your shower.

Try the sponge trick! It makes using these much more enjoyable.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No