November 23, 2014 | 1548 users online

Eye Shadow - Clinique - Colour Surge eyeshadow duo in Beach Plum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 8:16:00 AM More reviews by babycat1973

I love these shades! They are pretty, sparkly and stay on all day. They also don't irritate my very sensitive eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

An absolutely gorgeous duo - the muted gold and mauve shades suit my mid brown eyes so well. I got it as a GWP but I used it quite often and was heartbroken to find the gold shade had shattered so I'm on an Ebay quest to find a replacement.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by brigidmarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Beach Plum is great for green eyes. This is one of my go-to eyeshadows for everyday wear because it's fairly neutral with a pop of color. Unlike the picture featured, Beach Plum has more of the gold shade than the purple. I use the gold all over the lid and the purple in the crease. It makes my green eyes pop.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 7:48:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

The darker shade in this duo is a beautiful mid-toned purple flecked with gold shimmer. It is quite pigmented and so it is easy to build up the color. I wear this as a sheer wash of color on my eyelids and as a sheer color this is a pretty light purple but the color isn't too over the top. When mixed with eyeshadow transformer liquid this is a medium purpley gold liquid liner which really catches the light. Very unusual when worn like this. I love bright and unusual liner colors and this is a winner.

The lighter shade in this duo is a pretty creamy gold with shimmer which is a good basic all over eyeshadow. This can be worn with many different colors not just this purple but the two together are very pretty. I think that this duo has been discontinued but you can still pick it up on eBay. Really worth a try if you like warm toned purple eyeshadows.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I got this as a GWP ages ago and recently rediscovered it after sorting through some of my makeup. I couldn't remember why I didn't use it, so I thought I would try it out for work one morning to see what it looked like/how I got on with it. All I can say is I think mine must either be faulty or really old!

This has pratically no pigmentation at all, suffers from way too much fallout for my liking and I don't really 'get' the colour combination either. A gold base with a plum colour for definition/lining? Just seems a bit of a wierd duo to me. It's still in my makeup collection for now, but to be honest I don't think I will end up keeping it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by ilovejp

I received this as a free gift. I think I received a different duo as mine has the gold shade but also a pink with gold undertones. I really love the gold. I find it difficult to find a gold to suit my complexion but this is perfect. It's gold but bordering on champagne with a peach tone to it. It's so versatile and the texture is great. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 5:51:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I received this in Beach Plum as part of a gift-with-purchase offer from Clinique/Macys and it instantly became my favorite eyeshadow at the time that I was using it, because it was great quality and I didn't have to buy it!

The texture of the eyeshadows is soft and silky, that I prefer to apply with my fingers than to use the applicators just because it feels so nice. Both shadows are shimmery, but the pigmentation is so good the shimmer isn't overwhelming! You don't need much to complete the look, and it's best kept that way because the fallout can be a little messy.

Though the colors are limited to two, I personally love gold and violet looks for their versatility on any skin tone and for the ability of gold colors to warm up the eyes and make them pop with color and radiance. The violet color is a great color on the outer corners to create depth to the eyes. This is an easy to use, beautifully-coordinated, great everyday eyeshadow duo for both day and night time looks.

As much as I loved this palette to death when I was in high school, I would rather receive it as a GWP because it's priced at $20 for the duo—although the quality is amazing, the price is very steep. The quads from Clinique offer two more colors for $5 more and are a better value. And there are other shadows on the market other than Clinique, with competitive quality for an even more competitive price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 8:08:00 AM More reviews by AllThatGlittters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

HG status e/s duo! These two colours work in harmony together, you can create smokey or daytime looks with this because the colours are soo versatile and easy to use. The first colour, is a beautiful shimmery, beige champagne colour, which is great as a highlight or to blend against the plum. The plum shade is a really beautiful, not too bold, perfect shimmery purple colour. I love the staying power of these, they last all day until I take them off at night. As a base, I thoroughly recommend a MAC paint pot, I use MAC's Rubenesque underneath, which is a shimmery gold/pink base, and it just looks stunning underneath this duo. I recieved this duo as part as 'bonus time' at Clinique however I would be willing to buy this over and over again because it is just so perfect for me. For reference, I am NC15, fair, pale skin with blue eyes and blonde hair, and this duo works perfectly with my complexion and colouring.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 7:16:00 PM More reviews by ajn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the purple and gold colors, but just not together. I've never used the blush included in it though. The purple adds a nice touch of shine, and the gold is also beautiful when I wear them with other colors. I wouldn't buy this again since I received this as a gift initially.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Marie76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

mmm...I love the shades, they are beautiful colours. But they feel and apply like chalk, and the effect "live" in your eyes it's not so good...they are very cheap, but you can get really flattering, beautiful L'Oreal eye shadows for the same price that glide like cream and are more pigmented than this...I am disappointed.