October 1, 2014 | 1807 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Solano - Supersolano

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by peoplerpeople

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This dryer is just okay. I appreciate that it's lightweight and I *like* the super long cord. The truth is that my (heavier) Conair ionic blow dryer left my hair smoother. Don't know that weight has much to do with anything - I guess I'm just a little disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by JayCollins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If my house caught on fire, I would run back in to get this hair dryer. I didn't think a dryer would make that much of a difference in the health, style and look of my hair. When I tearfully confessed that I was thinking of going to my natural hair color (gasp! no!), my hairdresser suggested I upgrade from my $15.00 travel sized dryer.

What an amazing decision. I looked at $80.00 dryers, but there didn't seem to be much difference between a $20.00 dryer and an $80.00 dryer. Then I picked up this dryer, my new best friend, my secret weapon, my happy place...

It cuts drying time. It makes your hair soft, smooth and silky. It sings you a song while you put on your makeup. Well, maybe not the last one. But, in all honesty, this is one of the best beauty purchases I've made. Ever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have naturally curly, fine, highlighted hair and I have a LOT of hair. I blow it out 2-3 times per week and I've been doing this for around 20 years so I've been through a lot of dryers. This one's pretty good but I won't repurchase because I prefer the T3. Pros: this dryer lasted longer than any other high-end dryer I've bought. Cons: expensive, heavy, LOUD, air blast is too strong for me and I think it makes my hair frizzy. I prefer a lot of heat and less air, so I've switched to the T3, which is hotter and quieter than the SuperSolano. Unfortunately, the T3 also costs a fortune and breaks after a year of my use (abuse?).

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by MissRubyJones

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

One of the worst beauty purchases I have ever made. I bought the Supersolano dryer on the recommendation of a stylist, and spent around $100. She recommended this dryer because I use a diffuser. Big disappointment. The dryer weighed a ton, was so loud I actually dreaded using it, and the motor blew out in less than six months of 2-3 uses per week. I've had much better luck with Jilbere Paris dryers from Sally Beauty Supply. I've owned three Jilbere dryers. The first lasted about 5 years, which is a lifetime for me, and the second lasted about 3 years before I accidentally shortened its lifespan by getting the cord hung in a door (long story). I'm on the third one now. The best part? I've spent less on all three of these dryers combined than I did the Supersolano, and they are, to a machine, just as fast at drying my hair, lighter, and quieter.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by playsomebeat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG! Great hairdryer. I have thick, long hair, and this dries it FAST.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by KrisHur

Just another fan--I have 2 and both had the filter pop/break off rather easily almost as soon as I bought them. Other than that I really love it. It dries and styles my fine (but a lot of it) long (mid-back) hair in 20 minutes.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Taniaebj

I bought this dryer after my hairdresser recommended it. It gets very hot and works well, but the motor broke within a year of owning it. It was a shame because if I spend that much money on a hair dryer, I feel it should last more than a year. Not happy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 4:22:00 AM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the Cadillac of all hair dryers. I love it so much, I purchased two. Yes, its expensive, but worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2009 7:06:00 PM More reviews by OliviaChristine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm reviewing the Super Solano 1800 watt professional hair dryer. I'm a hairstylist, and my blowdryer gets tons of use each day. I've purchased 2 of these so far. I love the long cord, and the 3 heat, and 2 speed settings. The cool shot button works quickly, and the dryer comes with three nozzle attachments.

I've had my coworkers tell me that this dryer is a bit on the heavy side, but I havent noticed. This isnt the quietest blow dryer, but it does work quickly and effectively.

The first Supersolano that I used at work lasted for a year, but after dropping it a few too many times, the filter on the back broke. The motor still works fine, and I use it at home for my own personal use, but because it's missing that part, the moving parts of the dryer are exposed, and I wouldnt want to get any clients hair stuck!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2008 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Babyseita

This hair dryer is really superb. I recently used my mother's hair dryer and I was so annoyed because it didn't have anywhere near the power behind it that the Solano has. I've had my Solano for about 4 years and never had any problems with it. I wouldn't recommend using it anywhere but the US because the high wattage could destroy the motor if used in another outlet (from another country). I destroyed my $200 flat iron that way, even with the converter. With the Solano hair dryer, it takes me 5 minutes to dry my medium length hair. And when I'm drying my medium-length hair 5lb yorkie/maltese mix, it takes me about 15 minutes. The stream of heat with this hair dryer is more directed and makes drying hair in sections a breeze.