April 17, 2014 | 1032 users online

Makeup Brushes - Stila - #10 Brow Brush

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by bailuli

I'm not getting why this has such high review, especially when I got it I was so ridiculously disappointed it wasn't even funny. This isn't a freakin brow brush, it's a slant eyeliner brush! x___x the bristles are nice and stiff (which is a pro), however it's razor thin. it doesn't really pick up powder well (i use an e/s for brow powder due to better color matching) and tend to deposit unevenly on my brow area due to the thinness, as it would literlly draw a thin line, and all the color's gone off the brush. due to this reason, the control is horrible.

if you like the super thin but dark eyebrow look, this may be it for you. but for me who want a fuller more natural looking brows that doesn't look like i literally drew it in, this is SO not what I'm looking for. D:

At least it was cheap (bought during warehouse sale), and I can imagine it working fantastic for gel/cream eyeliners (due to the thinness). mine, however, the bristles are sliiiiightly curved possibly due to when it's in the plastic sleeve for storage, the sleeve was slightly curved so it curved the bristles with it. hopefully a good wash will fix that, if not, i'd be REALLY annoyed.

I'm going to get Smashbox #12 as I previously planned.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 11:42:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

I haven't tried it for brows but use it for gel eyeliners!! It's the best for gel eyeliners since it's very stiff and pointy. Bristles do not get out of shape with continuous wash.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by devildoll133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG brow brush! I used a MAC brow brush before, but I found it was way too thick for it's purpose. This one first of all is something like a travel size (at least mine is) and is just perfect for filling in with brown and black MAC eyeshadow. I finish with Stila mascara in black and it looks natural, suits my look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 4:42:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

I find that the performance of this brush is very similar to the MAC 266 to apply brow powder. They are about the same thickeness, but the Stila brush is not as slanted. I use both interchangeably, and like them both about the same. I prefer these types of eyebrushes (thin synthetic ones) because I feel they provide more control and precision than the thicker ones - so you can apply a more realistic-looking brow. All that said, I do find that I reach for the MAC 266 far more often than this one. Both have performed very well and have lasted a long time, but if I ever had to re-purchase, I'd buy another 266.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2008 5:22:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I use Smashbox Brow Tech and this brush effortlessly puts the powder exactly where it needs to go in just a few strokes. It does tend to splay in the middle, like so... \\\/// (possibly because I use it with a wax), but thankfully not in a way that affects the application. Because it's not as stiff as other brow brushes I have tried, it does double duty as an angled eyeliner brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this online after reading up reviews here and I'm very happy with this! I like the the slanted brush and the not too soft bristles. It's great for shaping the eyebrow. I actually also use this for gel eyeliner but it's important to clean off the eyeliner residue immediately after use. I can get a nice and thin straight line with this.

**Updated on 6 Oct 2008**
However, I am not sure if this is the reason why my brush shape started to change a bit for I used this like an eyeliner brush... Instead of ||||, the brush becomes ///|||\\\ - more focused in the center for the bristles at the two sides. Therefore, I'm down rating this to 4 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2006 7:59:00 AM More reviews by Sophia17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush to apply my Stila Browset and it's a very good brush, but mostly I use it for gel eyeliners!! It's the best for gel eyeliners since I can apply them best with an angled one rather a point one like's Stila's #4 which I bought it for Smudgepots!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2006 11:26:00 PM More reviews by mona_mua

i don't remember when i purchased this but it has to be at least 4 years ago and it's still going strong! the edges are not frayed, the application still percise. i have no clue why it's still in good shape. i misplaced it about five times and have never thought twice about repurchasing but oddly enough, it would always show up LOL i'm trying to find some excuse to treat myself to a new one but needless to say it was a good investment and when the time comes, i will DEFINITELY repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2005 12:43:00 AM More reviews by rrdesimone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The stila #10 brow brush is great. I have tried a lot of different brow brushes and this one has had the best effect. The bristles are stiff and the brush is easy to handle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2003 4:19:00 AM More reviews by ikky

I find this very useful for precise-shaping your eyebrows. The brush is really sharp (yet soft, so it doesn't hurt) to draw a really precise line. Also it does a good job to "brush" the brow hair the way you want it to go, unlike MAC's famous #266, which is too soft to do that. I still use MAC #266 way more often than this one since it gives a very fast application. But if you are looking for precision, this is gotta be the choice.