August 1, 2014 | 1046 users online

Makeup Brushes - Stila - #9 Blender Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this brush. It is fluffy enough to blend really really well, but small enough that product doesn't get everywhere. I use it for contouring and blending eyeshadow, and it really is great. It looks like a paintbrush, and TBH the only thing I would change is the length of the handle. It's too long to fit neatly in a make up case. It was a fairly decent price as well - but having bought my first ELF brush recently I'm not sure I couldn't have found one a lot cheaper elsewhere...
Oh, and it doesn't look anything like the picture!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to say that the picture for this product does not look anything like the brush that I have. You can go look at the brush at Stila's web site and see that the brush is much fluffier looking than the picture here. I've had this brush for a really long time but did not begin to use or appreciate it until the past 6 months or so. I thought it was too big but I was wrong. This brush is what I use when I have both my eyeshadow color and the highlighted color beneath my brows on. I swish this brush back and forth like windshield wipers and everything becomes really nicely blended. I end up with no harsh lines. I love this brush and use it every day. If I ever lost it or if it wore out (which I doubt would happen) I would definitely go out and buy a replacement.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2010 9:24:00 AM More reviews by MissNostalgia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Cant say I like this brush much.
Irritates my eyelids, blends fine on unprimed lids, but cant seem to hold its own on a surface with UDPP, bleeds a bit when I wash it, sheds all over the place.
Its not the total black sheep of my collection, but, I prefer not to spend much time with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by mochaholic

I got this as part of a set from Costco (5 brushes for $15), so I'm not sure how this compares to the brushes sold at full price. It is one of my favorite brushes from that set (the other is the #2 concealer brush). I would get another one if it was part of another set, but I don't think I would buy this for full price. It's very soft and I find myself grabbing it all the time for smokey looks. I love using it to apply a light wash of color on/above my "crease" (more like the socket bone area on my Asian eye) to blend out darker colors on my lid.

UPDATE: OMG...I almost can't live w/o this, so I upped the rating to 5. It does such a good job at blending! It's pretty much the only brush I use from that Stila brush set from Costco.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 4:16:00 AM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first Stila brush I've tried--I mainly use Mac and Sonia Kashuk--but I'm actually really impressed with the quality of this brush! It blends beautifully and I haven't seen any shedding so far, so would definitely buy again (but hope not to have to!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by ak0703

This is an awesome blending brush! I got it in a set with the Montmartre quad, a liquid eyeliner, and mascara for like $16 at a warehouse club. Great deal for that price! I don't usually splurge on brushes and I'm not sure I would have bought this by itself if I didn't get it in that set. The brush is super soft and blends like a dream. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 6:10:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

Being the freak that I am, this is the fourth blending brush that I own. I also have the MAC 224, the MAC 217, and the Sonia Kashuk blending brush. Visually, this brush (when washed and fluffed - the image shown on these reviews doesn't reflect what the brush actually looks like) looks almost exactly like the 224. However, it is actually denser and slightly softer, and a little more rounded than the 224. I'd say this and the SK blending brush are closer to each other in feel and performance than this and the MAC 224. I do actually prefer the higher density of this brush over the 224 (which sits alone and unused these days) because for me the blending is easier. I'd also say this is great for applying washes of color, and for applying highlighting products on the rest of your face with precision. All-in-all, it's a great brush, but since this and the SK brush are so similar, I'd probably buy the SK brush (cheaper!) if I ever had to replace it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by evie1121

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since blending eyeshadow and getting any tool to make it easier became an obsession. I bought this brush when there was a still a stila counter at my mall.

But truthfully i ignored this brush and have been using the MAC 217 which i think does a much better job at blending.

I recently tried this brush on a latest eotd and thought it was much floppier than the 217 brush and didn't notice much of the blended look. Next time i'll try it on my crease and noticed a review that it's better for pigments. Next project with this brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by shelju

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this brush (long handle) for over 5 years and it's as good as it was day 1. I use it for all my eyeshadow applications. All over, contour, blending It's perfect as are all Stila brushes (especially the original ones)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 12:00:00 PM More reviews by macnewbie08

I purchased this brush with the long handle. I love it! It is perfect for blending & as so many others have said....doesn't leave any harsh lines. It is so soft. I love the shape of this brush. What a difference a brush makes!!! Prior to this I had been using a Sonia Kushuk & a Essence of beauty blending brush. They felt so harsh on my eye.....I am not having that problem with this one. I am so glad that I purchased it. I purchased two other Stila brushes & love them all. So glad that I discovered Stila.