September 18, 2014 | 1376 users online

Treatments (Face) - Advanced Skin Technology - Green Cream by AST - Level 9

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by salsagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think GC is the most effective over the counter retinol out there. I just wish they would not put FD&C yellow 5, red 40, blue 1 in there. All of my other skin care products are very natural (ARcona) but I make an exception for GC because it is that good!
UPDATE: the arcona products have been so great for my skin that I no longer need to use this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by jessieholt9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Been using this product for about one year. I use it every other day and moisturize the other nights. I love this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2010 12:24:00 PM More reviews by gunworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

on to my 4th bottle, great product great concentration and on top of that a great FORMULA so its not overdrying or irritating.

I HAVE NORMAL SKIN: LIL OILY ON TZONE, TIGHT, PIGMENTED AND RESISTANT

did not show adverse effect on me when i first started using (i skipped right to level 9).
gel form and absorbs fast.

remember not to pump too much or the bottle will finish too fast ;)
I BELIEVE THAT PREVENTION IS THE CURE FOR WRINKLES !!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by playsindirt

I'm on the fence about this product. It is the strongest OTC retinol you can buy and it works great ..... BUT .... it is extremely expensive and the packaging is designed to make it impossible not to use too much so it ran me about $50.00 a month. I mean, if you have decent insurance you can get a prescription of Retin-A Micro for less. The container is a nightmare. One pump is way too much and it's impossible to get half a pump. It is also an air pump and a container-within-a-container set up so you literally don't know it's empty until you go to use it and nothing comes out. Plus, I get very similiar results using Dan's AHA from Acne.org which comes in a HUGE tube for like $16.00. I've had the same tube for like six months now. You do the math.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2008 12:06:00 PM More reviews by bellydancer

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my 3rd rebuy of this product-- I started out with Level 6, using it once a day in the evenings. I saw a lot of improvement with skin clarity, diminished lines, etc. This last time that I repurchased, I went ahead and bought Level 9-- I've had no problems with it. It's a great product, well priced, lasts a long time, real results instead of fantasy claims. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2007 11:00:00 AM More reviews by LQ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my Holy Grail of skin care products .... I've been using Green Cream for nearly two years, working up from Level 6 to Level 9 after the first couple of months. I have acne-prone, sundamaged skin, and this product has made such a difference! Acne is entirely gone and overall skin quality is dramatically improved; it is hydrated and glowing. Brown sunspots are very much faded, though not entirely gone. Fine lines are lessened; expression lines are softened. No effect on small pitted scars. I would recommend Green Cream to anyone, though people with very sensitive skin should certainly begin with Level 3 and progress gradually.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2007 6:45:00 PM More reviews by asiawall

I LOVE this. It is a very effective retinol, without the irritation that many experience with retinoids. I started with the level 3 (briefly), then moved up to the level 6 twice a day, then 9 at night and 6 in the daytime, and now I use 9 twice a day. I have combo/acne prone skin, and using this my skin looks better than it has in a LONG time. There are some flakies, but that is a normal part of the exfoliation process. Peter Thomas Roth's oil-free moisturizer has helped a lot with that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2006 7:15:00 PM More reviews by rjez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow ... I picked this up at a spa in New Orleans just before the flood. This was recommended to decrease pore size and even skin tone. The aesthetician gave me Level 9 and didn't say anything about building up. I had never used retinoids so she warned me to start sparingly. It did take a couple of weeks for my skin to adjust ... but wow. I don't use it every day but when I do ... it's a huge improvement. Just wish I could control the pump better because one press is too much.

edited to add: I've been an Avene convert for years now.
continued >>

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2004 10:44:00 AM More reviews by barbiH

Another winner from Advanced Skin Technology. It's the highest retinol available OTC w/ 0.9% retinol. The base ingredients are the same as the "regular" or Level 6 Green cream. (see my notepad for more info.) It's advised to use the Level 6 for at least 3 months prior to using the Level 9, unless you've already been using a Rx retinoid. I'm am slowly in the process of incorporating the Level 9 into my Level 6 Green cream routine.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No