July 24, 2014 | 1166 users online

Shampoo - Sexy Hair Concepts - Big Sexy Hair volumizing shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I go back to this shampoo from time to time. I really enjoy it. It's supposed to work best for FINE HAIR, which I would agree with. My hair is not very tangly naturally, it lies very flat, it's long (to my lower back) and it's naturally very straight. So basically I don't have very problematic hair. I've never dyed my hair. This gives me a little bit of volume, makes my hair feel clean but not squeaky clean. After I wash my hair I follow up with 10 Minute Miracle and a bit of argan oil on the ends.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by bethanaimeexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I did not see an improvement in the volume of my hair.It smelt awful of chemical nail glue.
It did lather amazingly for a shampoo with no sulphates but I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What i like about this shampoo:
-smells great
-available in travel sizes
-bottle lasts a long time
-can use with color treated hair

What i dislike about this shampoo
-does not condition hair
-hair does not feel moisturized or silky after use
-contains sulfate

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by blengs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was going to give this a 2 rating, because I thought "I hate this stuff, but I must have tried something worse at some point in my life." But then I thought about it, and I couldn't come up with anything that destroyed my hair like this did. The smell is nice, and the packaging is decently pretty, but this stuff makes my hair feel like hay, and doesn't add any volume. To achieve enough lather to actually clean your hair, you need heaping handfuls of this stuff, which is actually a blessing in this case because it means you run out of it faster.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by MoodySunshine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought the travel sized bottle of this, and I'm pretty happy with it. It doesn't add an amazing amount of volume, but enough. I think the normal sized bottle is overpriced for what its worth.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by TMKipp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

There's a reason this is always at TJMaxx/Marshalls - it does nothing. Don't bother. No thickening, no volumizing. Just wet your hair and get out of the shower - same results.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am leaving this a 3, because it does give volume. However, there are several reasons I am glad I only bought the travel-sized bottle:
-Has Sodium Laureth Sulfate, which strips color and keratin treatments, and it generally harsh on hair
-Dried out my hair like no other (SLS)

It was nice to try, since I had seen this brand around for awhile and it kept caling to me, but there is a different shampoo out there for me that will give me the oomph I want while preserving my color, keratin treatments, and ends.

My profile, for FYI:
NW10/15, cool toned, blue eyes, normal/oily skin, 3a fine but coarse curly hair but I wear straight thanks to keratin treatments!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by sophiapirie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Ive used their hairspray before and it was ok.. same with this shampoo, not too bad. Washes my hair fine and has a simple smell. Not strong at all. I didnt really weigh my hair down which is all i ask from my shampoo and conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by chelita123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So far this is one of the best volume shampoos I have tried. It does not give a lot of moisture, but I find that using moroccanoil on damp hair after washing helps with that. I used this shampoo with the BSH conditioner which is also quite good.
It gives my fine hair a lot of volume and lifts the roots, and I also find it stays nice and "big" for a couple of days without making it look greasy! I only wash my hair every three days, and if I must I use a little dry shampoo on the fringe in the days between.
The smell is nice enough.
Thumbs down for this containing sulfates (SLS)!

I will repurchase :)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by foofighter99

I bought this shampoo and partner condition at my local beauty supply store. I just didn't like it at all. My hair (at the time) was about shoulder length and it is chemically processed with highlights, it is fine but there is lots of hair. This shampoo just left me with straw-like, unmanageable hair. I could barely comb through it. I don't know why it didn't work for me? Maybe I have the wrong hair type. I was very dissapointed - especially considering the amount of money I doled out even with an at cost card. Do not recommend. I think the money has been spent on the presentation and gimmickyness of the products rather than the actual ingredients and formula. I got better results from cheap drugstore brand shampoo/conditioners.