Sexy Hair Concepts Big Sexy Hair volumizing shampoo

3.3

on 6/26/2015 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I think they have changed this shampoo a lot since the last time I tried this. It is sulfate free now and smells like grapefruit and citrus instead of the old mango weirdness. It lathers very easily and removes all of the styling gunk from my hair but does not strip my hair and leave it feeling like straw. I follow with condioner but it is more of a reflex instead of a must have.

It does give me some volume and does not weigh my hair down but not knock-out volume but I am more intersted in how it treats my fine color treated and slightly wavy hair which I have been air drying. I count on my styling products for volume and curl enhancement anyway. I want my shampoo to not strip my hair or make it feel like I used a clarifier on it since I wash my hair daily. Finally I got this at the annual Beauty Brands liter sale for $13.99 so price was good.

I was about to try Wen again but thought why bother when there are so many great sulfate free shampoos now.

on 3/31/2015 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I HATE this stuff. It left my hair a dry, tangled straight up mess. I used it with the Big Sexy volumnizing shampoo and the results were hell on earth. I bought huge jugs of both of these at Ross. I had to spray No More Tangles through my hair just to be able to rake a brush through my mop. I wonder if I can return them if I dig up my receipt from the bowels of my purse? Stay away from this garbage!

on 11/21/2013 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I go back to this shampoo from time to time. I really enjoy it. It's supposed to work best for FINE HAIR, which I would agree with. My hair is not very tangly naturally, it lies very flat, it's long (to my lower back) and it's naturally very straight. So basically I don't have very problematic hair. I've never dyed my hair. This gives me a little bit of volume, makes my hair feel clean but not squeaky clean. After I wash my hair I follow up with 10 Minute Miracle and a bit of argan oil on the ends.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I did not see an improvement in the volume of my hair.It smelt awful of chemical nail glue.
It did lather amazingly for a shampoo with no sulphates but I will not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

What i like about this shampoo:
-smells great
-available in travel sizes
-bottle lasts a long time
-can use with color treated hair

What i dislike about this shampoo
-does not condition hair
-hair does not feel moisturized or silky after use
-contains sulfate

on 5/20/2013 9:42:00 PM

I was going to give this a 2 rating, because I thought "I hate this stuff, but I must have tried something worse at some point in my life." But then I thought about it, and I couldn't come up with anything that destroyed my hair like this did. The smell is nice, and the packaging is decently pretty, but this stuff makes my hair feel like hay, and doesn't add any volume. To achieve enough lather to actually clean your hair, you need heaping handfuls of this stuff, which is actually a blessing in this case because it means you run out of it faster.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought the travel sized bottle of this, and I'm pretty happy with it. It doesn't add an amazing amount of volume, but enough. I think the normal sized bottle is overpriced for what its worth.

on 12/9/2011 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

There's a reason this is always at TJMaxx/Marshalls - it does nothing. Don't bother. No thickening, no volumizing. Just wet your hair and get out of the shower - same results.

on 10/20/2011 1:49:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am leaving this a 3, because it does give volume. However, there are several reasons I am glad I only bought the travel-sized bottle:
-Has Sodium Laureth Sulfate, which strips color and keratin treatments, and it generally harsh on hair
-Dried out my hair like no other (SLS)

It was nice to try, since I had seen this brand around for awhile and it kept caling to me, but there is a different shampoo out there for me that will give me the oomph I want while preserving my color, keratin treatments, and ends.

My profile, for FYI:
NW10/15, cool toned, blue eyes, normal/oily skin, 3a fine but coarse curly hair but I wear straight thanks to keratin treatments!

on 9/26/2011 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ive used their hairspray before and it was ok.. same with this shampoo, not too bad. Washes my hair fine and has a simple smell. Not strong at all. I didnt really weigh my hair down which is all i ask from my shampoo and conditioner.

Top Rated Sexy Hair Concepts Products