The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Alcohol Denat., PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, t-Butyl Alcohol, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Wasted my money of this, TWICE. I was fooled by the tingling feeling after applying the product and thought that was the product working its magic on my face. It did not help. If anything, it probably made my skin worse.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily and sensitive. I don't really have a serious issue with acne. Just pimples and mild breakouts that just happened to me recently. So i bought this hoping that it can reduce my pimples and scars on my face. It feels kind of irritating when I applied the oil at the affected area. Suprisingly, after one day of using this product, my pimples shrink but a few tiny zits starting to grow up on my face. I know this ain't normal so i decided to use it for just a week and if it got worse I'll stop. Nothing get better after a week, more and more pimples started to grow up and I stopped using this product immediately. So wasteful! I only use it for a week and all it does was giving me more pimples!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this whole line from The Body Shop. There was a package that included the oil, the cleanser,and toner. Now I will say that it doesn't smell that great, but it's tea tree oil. I started experiencing some mild hormonal acne. I was so frustrated because my skin hadn't broke out like that in years. I started using it and in the first 3 days, the redness went down, the pimples dried out and no new pimples popped up. Please see picture!

I love this product when it applied on my body . It give me soft yet radiant skin ( I dont know why but it surely made my body skin appear brighter and softer ) . Here is the method I use to applied it to my body : 1 cup water , 3-4 drops of Tea Tree Oil. Mix well. Apply it on your skin wait untill it dries out . Apply the rest of the mixture , you don't want to waste such expensive product, right? So , make sure to apply all of the mixture on your skin .
I do recommend it for those who want softer and brighter skin tone . And those who had suffered acne in their body.
But , When I applied on my face ( whole ) , this product give me redness , but my hormonal acne seems to dissapear . So, if you want to apply it on your face , be sure to use cotton bud and apply it ONLY ON targeted area .

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

First off, this baby is hella expensive! 11 dollars for about 2 teaspoons of tea tree oil! The only reason I bought this was because my sister had given me a gift card to The Body Shop!

Anyway, I think this works pretty well and I especially like it because I can use it when I go to bed and it doesn't rub off, as it absorbs into the skin. I don't think this is the best spot treatment out there. I personally use honey on any blemishes at night after I moisturize and I wipe it off before I put on the tea tree oil and it works great. I even use this if I'm not wearing makeup and I have an irritated pimple and it brings it down.

I think tea tree oil is great for blemishes, but this isn't the best price, especially for 15% tea tree oil. So, if it ever goes on sale....gurl you better buy them all.

My skin is a combination oily skin and im also very acne prone. This is my turn-to products whenever I have a pimple or bad breakouts. I'm on my 8th bottle now! Totally love it. I apply it to the pimple without the pus to force it out. Afew hours later you would be able to see the pus showing. It definitely speed up the healing process. Downside is that the bottle is too small for the price. Other than that, it's definitely a good product.

First of all I finished my first 10ml bottle of this in like 2 months. I liked using it as it i felt it was keeping my pores and acne clean as tea tree oil is antibacterial. However It Is ONLY 15% tea tree oil and for the price i dont feel like thats value for money. You can buy 100% tea tree oil from health food stores for half the price and for that reason i wouldnt buy it from TBS again. it didnt stop my acne i just felt as tho it was being kept clean

Quick background here before I begin my review. My skin is usually quite clear other than about a week before that lovely time of the month. This month, I'm not sure why but my breakout was quite worse than usual, so of course I freaked out and went searching for products to help. When I first went to the body shop I purchased the tea tree cleaner, toner, scrub, body wash and makeup remover wipes. Which along with a face mask I was using at the time these products worked really well for my skin. So well, in fact, that I just had to go back to the body shop to see what other kind of "yea tree" things they had. That's when I saw the tea tree oil. It was 11 dollars for the 10ml glass bottle. Later that night I washed my face as per usual and then applied a little bit of the oil to an active pimple I had on my cheek and in the morning it looked a lot less red and quite a lot better. I had read many reviews about people adding a few drops of tea tree oil into their face masks or moisturizer so the next morning after washing my face and added about two drops into my face moisturizer and applied it to my face. Went throughout my day with no problems. At night when I washed my makeup off I noticed a couple of tiny pimples but didn't think much of it. So I went ahead with my night time skin routine and again applied my moisturizer with some tea tree oil. The next morning I was practically in tears. I woke up with some many new pimples and I knew it was from the tea tree oil because when I put on my moisturizer with the oil mixed in I brought it down my neck like I always do and I had small red pimples around each side of my neck; which has never happened to me before. For some people this may be effective, but for me, no way! It has been a few weeks and I am still trying to clear up my skin. (We're almost there!) and I work as a nurse so it's been a tough couple of weeks for me; especially with having anxiety, trying to clear up this breakout. I want to throw out the oil, but I'm hoping I can find an alternative use for it. It definitely isn't going anywhere near my face. Side notes: the packaging is kind of annoying, however it's manageable. The smell I really like, however my fiancé didn't like it all! Haha

I'm totally agree with some reviewer that this product is great for insect bites and doesn't do anything for acne as advertised.

For me I'm so in love with this scent, I'll buy it again to sniff it when I catch a cold :)) work really well to me :D

It doesn't work equally well for different kinds of acne. It calms down some break outs but I'd rely on something else for cystic acne. It won't harm to have it but it's not a do-it-all kind of product.