October 20, 2014 | 2002 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2014 6:11:00 AM More reviews by carlablack

I have %100 pure tea tree oil at home, but i never been able to use it on my skin because it has a very strong scent and i was afraid it would dry and irritate my skin. I also didn't know what to dilute it with so it was just sitting there.

Then i came across this one. It has only %15 TTO in it so it doesn't smell as overpowering as the pure stuff. I also like how fast it absorbs into my skin without leaving a residue behind. This makes it very easy to apply day and night, under makeup or moisturizer. I massage a drop of it on my problem areas until it sinks into my skin, which takes seconds.

I recently broke out on the right side of my jaw and i think this product helped reduce the bumps and inflammation. Most of the blemishes dried out and i need less foundation to cover the area.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2014 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Sue90114

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this product as I've always read that tea tree oil is great for acne, but I gave it a go and sadly this didn't do a lot for my sensitive skin. My skin tone is quite delicate so I get easily get break outs and my skin gets dry and dull, so I always tend to look out for the right products. I'm currently using one now that I've found but it took me a while through trial and error, but glad my one works for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by AimeeVbear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best $6 I ever spent. It was 40% off @ the body shop last time i went(regular priced at $10). So far I've used it for 2 weeks and it works so well! Usually products sting then break you out, but this teatree oil doesn't. It feels cool and sometimes sting when you put it on(especially if there are open pimples), but the size of zits are drastically reduced. <3 I use it every night since the day I got it. 1/3 of the bottle is gone already so it doesn't really last too long, but I put the product quite liberally all over my pimple area(my forehead) after I moisturize. I pour it directly on my forehead because I find there's no point for me to put it on a cotton swab and then press it on my pimples to make the liquid come out of the cotton swab, which can irritate pimples. The little bottle already comes with a tiny nozzle that controls the amount that comes out. So i just drip 3-4 drops on my forehead. I am very cautious of getting it in my eyes though because the smell tells me it would sting like a b-----. C: One downside I would have to say is that it isn't pure teatree oil. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 7:37:00 AM More reviews by kikinokoko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I read a lot of the reviews here on makeupalley first about the tea tree oil by The Body Shop and found that despite all the good claims and ravings about the product, it sounded too good to be true, and thus I felt a little skeptical. Furthermore I read a lot of complaints about the tea tree oil being only like 15% (correct me if I'm wrong, sorry!) actual tea tree oil. So, still wanting to find a product that would quickly and effectively take care of my break outs, I decided to buy the Tea Tree Oil Starter Kit sold by The Body Shop, so I would have a chance to try out all their products together, and oh, my, goodness. Let me tell you a thing, friend. This tea tree oil stuff is, amazing. Using a cotton pad (using a q-tip would have been so much better, but we were currently out), I applied a small amount of the tea tree oil to my acne and scars, after applying my toner, and after minutes I could feel my acne going down???? My skin felt smoother and softer, and in no time at all with repeated use each night before bed, where applied my acne was taken care of! I've already finished the bottle and tempted to go and buy another one!

However, having said that there are some things to be wary of. First of all, the smell isn't all too pleasant. I know a lot of people complain about it, however personally over time I came to quite like it, despite my intial dislike of it. The oil does burn your face a little, especially where you may have acne, so if you have very sensitive and easily irritatable skin, I reccomend you dilute the oil in the cap with some water (so if you use three drops, put it in the cap with a few drops of water!) Futhermore, the product is actually quite drying to the skin, however that's easily fixable, I usually used their tea tree skin clearing lotion (also quite drying!) and a moisturizing serum at night, in the day I used a moisturizing serum and physical sunscreen, which was more than enough to put the moisture back in my skin! Also, even though you only need a little bit of the stuff (two to three drops per application was more than enough), the price is quite expensive for such a small bottle!

All in all however I am pretty pleased with the product! Definitely would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 5:18:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I got Tea Tree Oil from The Body Shop as part of Tea Tree Skin Care Kit. The kit is on sale for $17.50 from $25. The oil alone is $9.50. I swear by this! The VERY first time I used it, I saw results. Another reviewer wrote: "I dot some on my blemishes at night & in the morning they are visibly reduced." My sister had the same results, too.

What I do is apply this is with a Q-tip directly on my breakouts. This tea tree oil can be used directly on skin or for facial steaming. This doesn't dry out my skin & it really does take care of my acne & blemishes. I know this doesn't sound believable, but this actually worked faster than Tea Tree Oil Skin Clearing Facial Wash!

My only complaint is that it's small for its price. Unfortunately, even though it's way too expensive, I know I'm going to keep buying it because I love & need it. It is a must have for people suffering with acne. This spot treatment is everything I want & more. HIGHLY recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by monka191

Fairly good quality , however the only question of mine is - Why all Body Shop products contain such a high content of alcohol?
This is one of the reason why I don't like using their products, as despite the fact that my skin is not sensitive at all, it always leaves my skin burning!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by qaeng3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

15% tea tree oil only. HIGH alcohol content. Doesn't help with pimples. Made my face oily and sticky. DON'T ever buy it. Try oxy pimple cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by chloeduuh

I have had acne my whole life, not an exaggeration my whole life. This is literally the ONLY thing that works for my skin. It has never been clearer. Seriously, I've done multiple rounds of Accutane, every medicine& topical my derm could think of and this has, by far, worked the best. In addition to my regular acne problems I was having cystic acne breakouts at least every month (when it was bad it lasted the whole month) due to a birth control change and decided to try this on a whim. It worked to calm my breakouts literally overnight. I now have the whole tea tree skincare routine from The Body Shop and even the blackheads on my nose have been disappearing. Tea Tree Oil is definitely my HG product for my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2014 1:14:00 AM More reviews by bettybear135

It worked for a day, than it broke me out:( I rlly wanted to like it cuz I had two bottles of this stuff but I gave it away:/

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This tiny bottle has worked wonders for me.

Yes, it's $9 (USD) for a minuscule bottle and smells like cheap tequila, but I'm willing to overlook these things because it really does help with breakouts.

The tiniest bit goes a very long way!

As soon as I can feel a pimple forming, I use a q-tip and gently dab a drop on the affected area (over my serum and underneath my moisturizer) and this literally stops the pimple in its tracks. I tend to break out during that time of the month, so what I do is add a few drops to my moisturizer to fight breakouts all day (and night). There have been numerous times where I've had an angry, red pimple and upon application of this tea tree oil, some of the swelling and redness have gone down in minutes. Yes, MINUTES!

I have clear skin in general and only suffer from the occasional breakout(s), so I can't vouch for this product for anything other than that.

Other reviewers have complained that this only contains 15% tea tree oil, but any stronger would be much too harsh for the skin...especially the face.

Since I literally only use a drop at a time, this small bottle will last me a long time.

I knocked off a lippy because the smell isn't pleasant and the packaging is a little inconvenient (I wish it came with a dropper). But other than that, amazing product!