October 24, 2014 | 1607 users online

Fragrances - Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab - Bon Vivant

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

One sniff and I knew I must own the full size NOW!!! One word - effervescent. The champagne and strawberries are in perfect bubbly balance with one another. It's sweet but not too sweet, and this is coming from a gal who does not go for sweet scents. It's girly, beautiful and fresh, I always feel so pretty when I wear it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favourite offerings from the lab; an outside contender that somehow managed to woo with the fine line it straddles between the sticky, sweet red lollies you get in sherbet dips, and YSL's effervescent Yvresse. I enjoy strawberry in scents, and the clean, champagne booziness is a perfect accompaniment. Bon Vivant isn't wholly inelegant, and pleases me and my boy equally (he's voiced regular good-humoured and cheeky distrust about BPAL, in the main because of resinous and incensey blends he's not quite yet used to smelling on his Marc Jacobs Daisy-loving girlfriend! He'll love Snake Oil and Lilith Victoria yet!). Nice for sunshine days, and a possible full bottle order if I find enough else from the lab to love to justify UK shipping.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by haloinrverse

bewitching brews

notes: An effervescent blend of crystalline champagne notes and sweet strawberry.

in the vial: phewf. thats champagne and strawberry, all right. fakey.

wet on skin: the strawberry note is the exact one in the body shop's strawberry perfume that everyone abused when i was in middle school in the early 90s. foul. its like strawberry bubble yum. its like scratch n sniff strawberry stickers. the champagne is in there somewhere, i guess. the strawberry is just so fake and strong and painful to me.

dry down: jolly ranchers. scented pencils. this smells like lolita haze. you get the idea.

verdict: retch inducing. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this. Its so sweet, but not sickly sweet. It reminds of my childhood days, sitting on the front stairs eating Pixie Sticks.

Or of my adulthood, Strawberry Mimosas at Sunday Brunch. Ha Ha.

So clean and sweet. Makes me happy. I like this way better than Hollywood Babylon which was almost too much for me. This is softer, much nicer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2007 2:39:00 PM More reviews by starlight256

described on BPAL site as "An effervescent blend of crystalline champagne notes and sweet strawberry". i can definitely smell the champagne and strawberries, but i would not describe this scent as effervescent. instead, the notes are grounded by the slightly earthy smells of honey and hay - summery and subtle. i really like this scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2007 10:52:00 PM More reviews by nancybridget02091979

Smells like a little girl's sweet perfume. Reminiscent of strawberry roll on lipgloss that everyone licked off their lips in the 80's. I think it was called Kissing Potion! This is dead on for that...mmmmm....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2006 1:34:00 AM More reviews by robotica77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do like the strawberry and champagne smell that others have mentioned, but on a whole I would never wear it. It is a young, childish fragrance suitable for spring/summer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2006 1:45:00 AM More reviews by alisha_the_kitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This smells like an almost woodsy, fizzy champagne, with a hint of sweet strawberries. A really great scent for spring. Although I really do like this one, I'm undecided if I would every buy a full bottle. The woodsy note in the champagne is interesting, but I don't know if I can wear something like that in a perfume. Maybe I'll change my mind later...

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2006 1:49:00 PM More reviews by oople

Started out a very sweet, bad strawberry candy smell. Mellowed out to a less sweet creamy smell, with the strawberry in the background. It is too sweet and foody for my taste. Reminds me of Natural Esscents strawberries and champagne. Admitedly, this is better, but I tossed that one, and this will probably go into the swap box.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2006 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Wolfmaster

Gorgeous uplifting scent! I got this from a wonderful sweet muaer that RAOK a bunch of imps to me! This is one of the first i tried and I was "enabled". It is very true to the others description, straberries and bubbly. How they make it smell bubbly, i have no freakn idea, but it does!! it's funny because i put it both on my left and right wrist and they smell different!1 On my left, it dries down to a bit powdery, but still strawberry/champagne, on the right, i have no powdery scent at all. Pretty long lasting...planning on getting a bottle!! :)