November 25, 2014 | 1871 users online

Foundations - Kevyn Aucoin - The Dew Drop Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Hypnolove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Sorry I'm leaving three reviews for this thing -the first one was as a result of buying the wrong color and the second one because i accidentally pressed post! Darn hooves of mine!!! I LOVE this foundation now that I have it in 08. It's just so brill to have in my bag and touch up and it looks so dewy and not natural and u can build for fuller coverage should you wish. I am in love with my face right now! I have bourjois healthy mix, max studio fix, Kevin aucoin other foundations, inglot pressed powder and bare essentials foundation. I prob have more but I can't remember them off the top of my head. Love all KA stuff and this is up there. Excellent to keep in my bag for touch ups. Looooooove it :))))

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by ranianed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

used to use liquid airbrush but fell in love with this product instead. find i use MUCH less product as well. this is my foundation, i find a need a finishing powder to add staying power though. great for touch ups too or a quick application in the car. yes, its pricey but its also fabulous so who cares?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2010 2:59:00 AM More reviews by user1988

Not for me, looks good when first applied but even with primer this foundation starts separating and absolutely no oil control. It's good for a quick run to the grocery store though.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2009 9:36:00 PM More reviews by honeyjr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this without really aiming to :-) I have never had a cream to powder foundation before but always wanted something I could carry with me in my purse just in case...
I looooove this! I have dry skin and was apprehensive about the powder part showing up any dry flakes I may have. What I have really learned though, is the key to flawless foundation application on my parched skin is moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!
I apply my Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Skin Primer (my HG primer) underneath and the KA foundation on top with my Hakuhodo G544 duo fibre foundation brush (my HG foundation brush) and woohoo! I have flawless perfection which feels like skin :-)
Just knocked off a lippie for the outrageous price tag, boooo!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2009 10:53:00 AM More reviews by carolynrelihan

One of my favorite foundations for the following reasons:
1) looks great on my difficult skin, which has both light age wrinkles/sagging AND oily t-zone (how attractive...), unlike mineral powders which make me look caked and liquids which tend to pool and settle. It makes my skin look naturally even and slightly luminous.
2) wears well, lasting all day with one or two blots on the t-zone.
3) DW08 is wonderful color match for my NC25 skin (my skin is quite yellow, and I find most foundations are just a little too peach).

Only complaint is that the little sponge loses shape and needs squishing back into its compartment. I actually prefer using a brush, anyway, but find the sponge useful for travel.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2005 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

I have this in shade #DW02, one of the lightest shades and more neutral based. This is a creamy foundation in a compact that dries to a soft, powder finish. Gives medium coverage. Packaged in a sleek red compact, very nice. You do not get a huge amount of product, but a little goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2004 2:56:00 AM More reviews by msjene

It's a very cute slim compact, but holds very little product. For a creme to powder foundation, I thought it was very good. Normally all CTP foundations cake up and slip off my combo skin. While this one held up pretty well (and looked very nice when I first applied it) as an overall foundation, it still has a lot to be desired. I have #8 which is a medium golden shade. As with all CTP, there's a slightly dry texture to it once it dries down. After a few hours, my skin has a flaky look to it. I think if you have good, normal skin, this would be a wonderful foundation to just spot cover or use lightly. It is truely a powder finish and would work on the right skin type. Oily/acne prone or dry skins would not love this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2004 9:02:00 PM More reviews by jadexcape

Wonderful luxury product for foundation, the packaging is as usual top notch down to the flocked sponge that comes with it. I figured since I adore the KA SSE (shade SX 08), I'd like this product just as much. The shade I got is DW 08. Application is a breeze, it lasted through a sweaty, humid Yoga session, my skin kept matte and perfect looking. Imparts a natural sheer coverage that evens out skin tone (especially redness).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2004 11:17:00 AM More reviews by bbarrelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not for me. I have normal skin a little dry sometimes and asked if this would be okay, was told yes. It's not. Will enhance flakes, probably be okay if you are oily and used to cream to powder fndtn. It dries quickly to a matte finish. May work fine for others but too drying and didn't last all day for me.