December 20, 2014 | 1433 users online

Shampoo - TRESemme - Natural Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 8:03:00 AM More reviews by bags2777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this shampoo on sale a few months ago and well meh, the price is good and the packaging is well... I have nothing good or bad to say about it now, now the actual product smells good and doesn't dry out my hair and my hair smelled good and felt okay.

BUT I used once when I had braids and they were so dry that they literally snapping when I touched them but my own hair was fine though so if you have synthetic hair I would definitely recommend that you steer clear.

Oh I feel that I should mention that when I use it I mix it with Castor oil and that I don't use conditioner. ..yet

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by cherryblossem12

I was really sad when I realized this shampoo wasnt working for me. It worked so well for my mom who has thick long hair. She said it made her hair stop falling out. My hair is thin and medium length. I used this shampoo and found it making my hair greasy and attract build up. The smell was nice though.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by turtle1999

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a good shampoo and I saw this one. It looked good so I thought that I will buy it. First of all the smell is REALLY nice! And the packaging was ok.

Bad: I really dislike this pruduct because it was to drying and gave me dandruff ( I have oily hair ) and this is was I really dislike about it, I got my hair dyed darker ( red ) and I really liked it, when I washed my hair with the tresseme shampoo every second day, my colour was fading and this was a permanent dye! Now my hair is nearly to normal color because now I can see my old color ( my hair had blonde at the end ) and now it is starting to show, also my hair has gotten dryer at then ends. I really don't like this prduct and really upset. Never ever purchasing this product AGAIN!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by diram

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

UGH.
I am giving this shampoo a low rating of "1" NOT because it didn't leave my hair feeling/looking good (it did fine), but rather because I feel that the product label name "Naturals" is very misleading. :/

I purchased this shampoo because I *assumed* (UGH) that this was a "silicone-free" shampoo . It DOES contain "cones" in it.

The conditioner bottle clearly states "silicone free" on the front -- the shampoo did not. The shampoo does state "sulfate-free". True, I should have read the fine print on the back of the bottle, HOWEVER, given that silicones are not "natural", I don't think my assumption was too far off the mark.

Did the shampoo clean my hair of dirt/sweat, etc?
Uhm. I guess so. Then again, my hair is washed daily, so it's never really dirty. lol

Did the shampoo REMOVE the silicones left behind by the countless silicone-based products I use DAILY (namely, argan oil loaded with cones, and silicone glossing products, and prior cone-filled conditioners, and cone-filled heat protection sprays, and so on and so forth???

I doubt it. You really need a shampoo with sulfates in it in order to remove "cones", from what my hairdresser tells me.

So, did I expect it to remove the "cones" already coating my locks?

Did I expect it to ADD more cones to my hair???
NO! I did not.
I thought I was going to be "cone-free" for a while.
I purchased a clarifying shampoo that was cone-free, and a cone-free conditioner. Iskipped using my cone "glosses". When I went to shampoo the next day, I expected to continue on my cone-free binge for a bit longer. But.... ??? My cone-free experience was short lived. :( Regardless of how far down the ingredient list the "cones" are on the label, the fact is that a product labled "NATURAL" should not contain cones in it (esp when the companion conditioner states it is CONE-FREE).

Am I making a big deal about nothing?
Maybe. But....I still think I am entitled. to RANT -- even if the burden of responsibility lies with the consumer to READ the fine print, I suppose.

Lesson learned:
Always carry a magnifying glass around with you so that you can read the fine print that is impossible for at least this 40-something year old to any longer read without help!! Don't "assume" that a product labled "Natural" is just that! It's probably loaded with chemicals. Bah! :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by wildflower85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

At first I really liked this shampoo, it smells great, and my hair felt good after using it. But, it didn't take long for me to notice that if I skipped washing for just one day, my hair would get greasy and just awful.
I'm a new Mom, so I don't get to shower everyday as I would like, but I would expect my shampoo not to reveal that fact to everyone! I tried using this shampoo with and without a different conditioners, I tried using more of it to see if that would help...but no, nothing did.
In the end, I had to switch away from this shampoo (just back to Herbal Essences, nothing special), so I could have clean hair again.
I don't know if it's because there are "fewer sulphates" as advertised on the bottle that it doesn't clean very well, or if there's another reason. Maybe it just doesn't agree with my body chemistry. Whatever the reason, this shampoo was a hassle, and really didn't clean my hair.

Another note: the bottle, left in the shower, got kind of sticky...without my getting anything on it. It makes me think the plastic must be porous or something, letting the shampoo seep out.

Not impressed, I wouldn't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2011 7:03:00 AM More reviews by locadiva

A really good smelling shampoo. Doesn't dehydrate my scalp and hair as other drugstore shampoos do. Gives nice volume. Really, really cheap!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

In my opinion, this is practically a dupe for Matrix Biolage Hydrating Shampoo!! Cleans well without stripping my hair, smells nice. The huge bottle is cheap but it's unwieldy in the shower (it sucks to drop 5 lb of shampoo on your foot!)

This is a good basic shampoo. I have baby-fine, shoulder length hair and I'm growing out some Henna color.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2011 7:21:00 AM More reviews by michaeljd87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. Basically the only reason I bought it was because I've been using Tresemme for a while and I was kind of sick of the same smell, and this one smells amazing. I tend to wash my hair every day and this has been fantastic to use - it doesn't dry my hair out, it cleans very well, and although it still does contain a lot of sulphates it did seem to have less than regular Tresemme shampoo. Definitely buying this one again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

At first it feels weird because of the low sulfates but it did a really nice job on cleaning my hair with out stripping out all of the oils

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2010 2:34:00 AM More reviews by LBUJenni18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

(Before I start this review, I would like to mention I do NOT have the conditioner, I'm not really a conditioner person as it does nothing to my hair unless it has silicone and silicone is useless, just coats your hair and damages it, so ANYWAYS, this review is based on the product ITSELF!)

Soo... I kinda went sulfate-free for a while, then my sulfate-free shampoo ran out and I saw this! I honestly do like TreSemme, it IS one of the better drugstore hair stuff because it doesn't contain too many silicone -cough- Pantene... Garnier... Herbal... etc...

But anyways, this DOES contain silicone, and I am VERY much anti-silicone but I guess I kinda relaxed about it, the silicone is like the 10th last product so it isn't like silicone-based like - well, you know.

The sulfate-free thing... Yeah... I have oily hair so it didn't work for me, I finished the whole bottom in about 7 months - your hair SHOULD get used to it supposedly, but mine didn't! Though it says low sulfate - sure, it's lower than most, but it's still the second ingredient and I think it has 2 sulfates in it.

As for the condition of my hair with this... My hair's normal, doesn't make it worse or better - on MY hair personally.

Overall... I mean, it's dirt cheap, really, it really is, for... what? 32 oz!? I think it was like... $5... Or something... LOL, but anyways, yeah. I dunno if I would repurchase, I like to try new things, but this will last me foreeeeeeeever!