March 2, 2015 | 1969 users online

Skincare - Face - Stridex - Triple Action Pads, Alcohol Free

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2015 2:05:00 AM More reviews by ToniTiger

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

They work great I steal these babies from my son when I have a skin issue and by the next morning I'm good as rain. He use them nightly as maintance and his skin looks pretty good.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2015 1:48:00 AM More reviews by dinosaurseatghosts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Edit: my god, these are drying me out horribly! I have dehydrated skin but without flakes but these caused terrible flakies on my skin and make my face makeup look terrible :( I guess they're good for acne but I'm going to give these a break!

I really like these so far, I've been using them for about a week and they have really helped a lot of my blemishes come to the surface in a few minutes (sometimes with gross results) They burned my face the first time but I guess it was just because of my skin not being used to acid. Other than that, they're fine. They are a bit drying but I put on moisturizer afterward and everything's okay :) I still feel like I've been using these for too short of a time to know how effective they are, but so far so good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2015 4:04:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS: Very inexpensive. Easy to find at many stores. Many love it.

CONS: Stung and reddened my sensitive skin a lot. Has cones in it, which tend to clog my pores. Very strong medicinal scent.

ALTERNATES: Paula's Choice BHA 2% ("Clear" regular strength.) It has the same percemtage of salicylic acid but is very mild to my skin and doesn't have this strong scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2015 9:36:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

I tried these as an inexpensive alternative to Paula's Choice Resist 2% BHA Exfoliating Liquid (which I love). I believe this is as effective at fighting acne, however there are some lesser differences. The Stridex pads leave my skin feeling a bit sticky, which doesn't work well under makeup. They also leave my face feeling tight and dry, which is mildly uncomfortable. Also, the scent is unpleasant and medicinal. (The PC version has no scent and leaves no special feeling on the skin.)
On the positive side, Stridex is VASTLY cheaper, especially since I cut each individual pad in half. It's also widely available, whereas PC products must be ordered online. My skin really reacts well to BHA, it keeps me clear of acne and helps my pores appear smaller and tighter.
Bottom line, I prefer the Paula's Choice version but am very happy to know there is a choice when my budget is tight or I need to re-stock and don't want to wait for delivery.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by spottedswan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

The pads will dry up a small breakout for me. On deeper clogged pores, the pads will draw the infection to the surface, creating a whitehead that then has to be treated differently. This usually happens when I don't catch a breakout early and allow the infection to fester for too long.

Because of the whitehead business, they can make the healing process uglier than I want it to be. But for new, small breakouts -- they do clear up overnight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2014 4:47:00 AM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I had three boxes of 90 sent from the US. Massive fan of these. They are so much cheaper than other acid pads - those of us who worship at the feet of Ms Caroline H, should investigate for sure. They are quite strong, but have no alcohol. I get the pleasant tingle and then slip some serum over the top. My pores are looking cleaner and tighter than ever before. Will be sharing with my daughter who has started developing clogged pores lately. They are actually very wet with product. If I am simply spot treating, I push a cotton pad on top of the pile of stridex pads, and off I go. I think (including exorbitant postage prices) that these are a bargain!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 3:38:00 AM More reviews by JetJockey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to have tiny closed comedones across the top of my nose, but these pads took care of them after just a few days and my skin is now completely bump-free. I was reluctant to try this because I have dry skin and I have read that salicylic acid (aka BHA) can be drying, and although it does make my skin feel a bit tight after it dries, it's nothing a little moisturizer can't fix. Effective product for a great price.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by ell90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh man, what a disappointment :(

I've used these for nearly a month and have finally come to the conclusion that they are causing closed comedomes ALL over my forehead and are actually aggravating the hormonal acne around my mouth. It's unfortunate because they do make my skin feel quite a bit softer and are oh-so-cheap... I was hoping that they would be a good BHA exfoliator but, alas, my search continues. Usually my skin works well with salicylic acid, but I suspect the menthol might be clogging up my pores.

However, since they are so cheap and apparently have worked extremely well for others, I would give them a go if you are curious. As for me, I've switched to using them on my feet to remove dry skin and they are AWESOME for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by xazzie

I purchased these Stridex pads for a desert camping trip to defend against my usual clogged pores and acne-proneness. I usually use Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash with salicylic acid in the shower every morning and night, but a week in the desert without showering wouldn't allow that. So I searched everywhere for a highly regarded salicylic acid pad in tough packaging that I could take with me on my trip.

And these turned out to be a great purchase! After a week in the desert, I had only one new, tiny blemish where ordinarily I would have had a dozen. The Stridex pads did an excellent job breaking down blackheads and keeping my pores clear. I could actually see their effectiveness in my camping mirror each day.

My twice-a-day camping face regimen was this: wipe face with 2 Neutrogena makeup remover wipes (night), wipe face with 2 Stridex pads, apply Oil of Olay daily moisturizer with SPF 15, then apply makeup as normal (morning).

The only issue I had was that the jar seemed to leak one day due to the cap not fitting on properly. I always carry these types of items in a Ziploc, however, so the leak did not affect my belongings. After that, I double checked the jar each time and had no problems.

I would highly recommend these Stridex pads both for everyday, normal use and for traveling to places where your normal cleansing routine just isn't an option. So happy to have arrived back home after a week of grit and swaet with a clear face and clean pores!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by juicyluvr75

I really like these Stridex pads. I get them at Walmart for around $4, and they last FOREVER. I used a tip from MUA and rip them in half, so that they last longer. I used to use these every single night as a toner, and then put my CeraVe moisturizer on before they dried and head to sleep. That routine worked pretty well for me.

My second time purchasing these pads, I changed up my routine since now i'm using a moisturizer with retinol in it. At night after I wash my face, I rub half of a pad all over my face and let it dry for 30 minutes (for the pH to work and for it to really sink into my skin.) after that, I rinse off my face again and apply my Neutrogena Healthy Skin moisturizer w/ retinol onto my damp skin. In the mornings, I wash my face with some honey, use the other half of the stridex pad and put moisturizer on top. I find that it wears pretty well under makeup.

While these pads have not done anything magical for my skin, they're good for removing any leftover makeup or gunk, exfoliating, and making my face feel fresh. I don't find them to be aggravating at all so I'm happy!