October 23, 2014 | 923 users online

Polishes - Maybelline - Forever Strong in Icy Pearl

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2005 4:47:00 AM More reviews by wondertoe

this stays on a very long time, but the color is sort of boring. it's just a pale silvery off-white. i use it every once in a while but i wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2004 10:11:00 AM More reviews by lb2569

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My own tastes in nail colors are quite eclectic, ranging from the very pale to the very deep & dramatic. This one is definitely on the very pale side. I don't love it, but I do like it quite a bit. It's a very light taupe with a silvery shimmer or glitter in it. It's nice if you're looking for a neutral color that will go with everything, but it's different from your usual neutral pinks, peaches, or even a little different from the standard frosty white. I like the silvery glitter in it too, which gives the pale color a little something extra & makes it less boring. A couple things I don't like as much: this color is quite sheer, & I usually prefer nail color to be more opaque. Consequently, I had to make my two layers quite thick, so it took quite a while to dry, & I ended up using a fast dry top coat (China Glaze Fast Forward) to speed it up so I wouldn't sit there all day. Also, the brush itself is kind of large & thick to use. I'd prefer it to be skinnier for more control, but with such a light color mistakes are not easy to see. As for the staying power, I've only had it on a few days, but it seems fine so far. It hasn't chipped yet. I'm a nail polish addict, but I normally only buy salon polish like OPI, Essie, & China Glaze. I was in Walgreens though, & this was on sale for around $3.50. I thought it was kind of an interesting neutral color, so I figured I'd give it a try for the price. So far I'm fairly happy with it.