August 30, 2014 | 1781 users online

Shampoo - ABBA - True Shine

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by larocca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I liked this shampoo, and yes it is better than Pantene and other drug store shampoos because it does not contain sulfates!! It suds more than other SLS free shampoos so I think it's pretty good. I still use a clarifying shampoo once a week. My hair has greatly improved and feels smooth and very shiny.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2009 12:07:00 AM More reviews by deena279

I use this once a week. I like the Abba Pure Basic shampoo better as an every day shampoo, but the True Shine is great every once in a while...makes my hair shiny and full!!! The smell is probably something you either love or hair...a bit musky.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2007 7:49:00 PM More reviews by tulsatheta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Maybe my nose is screwed up, but I actually do like the smell of this ... But it gets three lippies and I will not repurchase (in fact I am taking it back) because it leaves too much residue on my hair. My hair is too fine for my shampoo to not get all the product and grease out every time. However, if that is not a concern for you, you might try it. I shampooed with it this morning for the second time and skipped styling product altogether. I didn't notice much difference in style-a-bility. I guess that is what you get when the shampoo doesn't wash out old product and deposits more conditioners.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2007 1:04:00 AM More reviews by seasplash

This is just okay. It does make my hair shiny and full, but it is not strong enough to get rid of buildup so I have to use clarifying shampoo in between washing with this, or my hair get flat and dull after a while. It also doesn't foam enough due to lack of sulfates, which is kinda annoying. The smell is meh. On a plus side, it is very natural and full of good ingredients (extracts of papaya and banana) and 100% vegan. Overall, pretty good shampoo but not something I'd repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2006 11:23:00 AM More reviews by skin

I just tried the True Shine shampoo this morning, and so far I like the results. Made my hair shine with lots of volume. I have fine - medium asian hair. However, I did have to shampoo twice, as the first didn't lather much as it doesn't contain sulfate. I have to get used to the low sudsing formula. At least scalp doesn't feel irritated. Update: Feb. 2006 - I do not like this shampoo at all, I have taken off 2 more lippies. It still didn't leave my hair very clean even after two lathers. I would not re-purchase. Going back to the Creme Moist and Molasses shampoo.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2005 9:52:00 PM More reviews by malishka31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

no better than pantene pro v or any other drug store product. really not worth the price for the results, i was not impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2005 11:36:00 AM More reviews by AllysonZ

The shampoo and conditioner made my hair VERY shiny, like the name implies. Perhaps the smell isn't the best, but the result is worth it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2004 5:07:00 PM More reviews by mmmmary

I love my ABBA Creme Moist shampoo, so I really wanted to like this, especially since like Creme Moist, it has no SLS. But first of all, I cannot abide the smell. This stuff stinks!! And secondly, I suspect that it was stripping my color a bit. On the plus side, it DID make it pretty shiny and, like C.M., soft and full.