NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Bahama

4.1

c12 13 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Di Calcium Phosphate, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Aroma (Flavor), Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Carmine (CI 75470), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 4/10/2015 2:39:00 AM

I love this lip pencil - the colour is my ultimate nude lip. Perfect balance of pink and brown, on my pale skin it gives a kind of 90s vibe that I have always loved. I like the pencil applicator and I've had no issues with the cap coming off in my bag, but I don't like that there is less product than most lipsticks considering the price (thus the 4/5). I don't find it to be moisturising at all, but its not so drying that I can't deal with it. This is the only lip product I've consistently repurchased.

on 2/8/2015 5:13:00 PM

I really loved the color of this, it is such a gorgeous color. However, I'm not really a fan of the formula. It's matte, but it's very drying on your lips and it constantly made me want to lick my lips. I also didn't like the packaging, I always felt like the cap was going to fall off whenever I put it on. Overall, I don't think the price is worth it for the color.

on 1/11/2015 7:00:00 PM

By far my favourite lip product to date. I have a few velvet matte pencils and they're becoming the only lip products I use because they stay put, dont fade in rings or leave white lines on your lips and they dont leave your lips cracked and dry. Bahama has become my staple colour because it literally goes with every makeup look or outfit i wear and working in a store that sells nars products i can say that its flattering on almost any skin tone.

on 12/22/2014 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love it! Is a nice cool brown colour that has the same tone of my lips! Love it

on 6/30/2014 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favourite lip pencil for every day. I love how its a matte dark nude and can sharpen and brighten your whole face.

I'm a huge fan of nars lip pencils to begin with, they are crazy easy to apply, have beautiful pigmentation, and stay were they should! No lipstick in weird places or faded in weird places to give you a crazy lipstick only on the outside of lips look. When this pencil fades from eating or drinking it turns into a beautiful even lip stain, which I love.

Could never leave the house without this pencil!

on 4/26/2014 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Perfect nude color for women of color. I am MAC NW45 and this? I can just slap it on and go, needs no fine-tuning or working with. No need to add gloss either. Perfect for work or play. These come in that gorgeous matte formula that manages to pack lots of pigment without being drying at all. I don't know how they do it but these are very comfortable to wear, there is no build-up in the corners of your lips and they last a good amount of time. I love this and will certainly purchase again and again. Beautiful browny-pink for the workplace.

on 11/2/2012 8:39:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Beautiful! I would decribe this as one of those colours where u want colour, but nothing too bright or too dark. Its just gives you a clean and tidy look. For me its a shade or 2 darker than my natural lip colour. It truly is matte and the staying power is ok, I don't think its drying on the lips, but in saying that my lips tend to get dry when I wear any lipstick! Even though I use a lip balm prior to application. I love that its slim and easy to carry around and SO easy to apply! But like most people - I'm not a fan of the lid!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a high priced matte lip color that has good wear time but nothing spectacular. Sonia Kashuk Velvety Matte lip pencil in Nude Mulberry is almost the exact same shade, the NARS pencil is slightly lighter pink. This is a good color for a natural look. The cap on this falls off all the time and that leads to damage to the tip. If you are looking for a matte dark pink pencil save your money and check out Sonia Kashuk's version of chubby matte lip color pencil.

on 12/23/2011 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love the velvet matte pencils and Bahama is one of my go-to colour. It's a lovely muted pinky brown which makes me look polished in a subtle way (I'm a MMM). Agree with other reviewers that the cap could have been designed better. The pencil form makes application more precise and more efficient to store in my makeup bag. Some matte lipsticks are boring and not many provide such a nice comfortable texture that's non-drying, so even though I find it a bit pricey, I do think it's a quality product I don't mind splurging on.

on 8/4/2011 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I purchased this because I wanted a pink color I could rock with my NW45 and up skin tone. A lot of pinks I swatched looked too ashy like I was huffing spray paint by the train tracks but this one looks believable on my lips. It is definitely a muted rose pink with a touch of brown. I will definitely have to apply a foundation on my top lip because my lips are two tone and the top lip is darker and tends to darken the look of any lip color I wear. In addition of using a foundation, I will need a lip pencil because even though it is pink, I feel like I am losing the shape of my lips. So I have to find a shade darker lip pencil. Pair this with a clear gloss or Revlon Nude Lustre and it really works for me.

Popular Lipsticks