December 21, 2014 | 1502 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Bahama

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by remm022

I LOVE THIS.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

This is my favourite lip pencil for every day. I love how its a matte dark nude and can sharpen and brighten your whole face.

I'm a huge fan of nars lip pencils to begin with, they are crazy easy to apply, have beautiful pigmentation, and stay were they should! No lipstick in weird places or faded in weird places to give you a crazy lipstick only on the outside of lips look. When this pencil fades from eating or drinking it turns into a beautiful even lip stain, which I love.

Could never leave the house without this pencil!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfect nude color for women of color. I am MAC NW45 and this? I can just slap it on and go, needs no fine-tuning or working with. No need to add gloss either. Perfect for work or play. These come in that gorgeous matte formula that manages to pack lots of pigment without being drying at all. I don't know how they do it but these are very comfortable to wear, there is no build-up in the corners of your lips and they last a good amount of time. I love this and will certainly purchase again and again. Beautiful browny-pink for the workplace.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 8:39:00 AM More reviews by TrishyB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Beautiful! I would decribe this as one of those colours where u want colour, but nothing too bright or too dark. Its just gives you a clean and tidy look. For me its a shade or 2 darker than my natural lip colour. It truly is matte and the staying power is ok, I don't think its drying on the lips, but in saying that my lips tend to get dry when I wear any lipstick! Even though I use a lip balm prior to application. I love that its slim and easy to carry around and SO easy to apply! But like most people - I'm not a fan of the lid!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a high priced matte lip color that has good wear time but nothing spectacular. Sonia Kashuk Velvety Matte lip pencil in Nude Mulberry is almost the exact same shade, the NARS pencil is slightly lighter pink. This is a good color for a natural look. The cap on this falls off all the time and that leads to damage to the tip. If you are looking for a matte dark pink pencil save your money and check out Sonia Kashuk's version of chubby matte lip color pencil.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2011 7:40:00 AM More reviews by ellie179

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the velvet matte pencils and Bahama is one of my go-to colour. It's a lovely muted pinky brown which makes me look polished in a subtle way (I'm a MMM). Agree with other reviewers that the cap could have been designed better. The pencil form makes application more precise and more efficient to store in my makeup bag. Some matte lipsticks are boring and not many provide such a nice comfortable texture that's non-drying, so even though I find it a bit pricey, I do think it's a quality product I don't mind splurging on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this because I wanted a pink color I could rock with my NW45 and up skin tone. A lot of pinks I swatched looked too ashy like I was huffing spray paint by the train tracks but this one looks believable on my lips. It is definitely a muted rose pink with a touch of brown. I will definitely have to apply a foundation on my top lip because my lips are two tone and the top lip is darker and tends to darken the look of any lip color I wear. In addition of using a foundation, I will need a lip pencil because even though it is pink, I feel like I am losing the shape of my lips. So I have to find a shade darker lip pencil. Pair this with a clear gloss or Revlon Nude Lustre and it really works for me.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by nalina82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another great lip pencil color from NARS. This color looks great no matter what I am wearing and looks great on just about everyone. It's a no mess, no fuss color. Reapplication is easy and neat. Does not dry out the lips. Same complaint about the cap, though. Too loose and likes to pop off at the wrong time (lol).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by tannshepp

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is such an easy product to love--goes on easily, never looks sloppy or feathers. I put it on in the morning, then when I need to touch up, use lip gloss (NARS supervixen) and it still looks tidy.

Update--I got this in Bettina and LOVE the natural color. I lined it with Bare Escentuals nude lipliner and it looked great. My new HG everyday lip color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I like this color on me. It is almost the same color as my lips, a little darker pinky brown maybe. The matte effect just exaggerates my own lip color in fact, making them a little more dramatic but in a very natural way. The pencil is an easy way to apply color to your lips, however I have to agree with one other reviewer in that the design of the pencil is flawed due to the cap. It does not stay on well and will probably either end up splitting or falling off in the bottom of my purse or make up kit if I am not careful. Great effect though, I like it and will probably buy another one in a different color.