NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Bahama

4.1

c12 13 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Di Calcium Phosphate, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Aroma (Flavor), Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Carmine (CI 75470), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this shade so much! I recently purchased this because I've been loving those "Kylie Jenner" colours, but more so 90's pink-brown shades because I truly think they are flattering on every skin tone and so perfect for Autumn and winter. This is a shade you could probably just chuck on & not need any other makeup because it looks so good. Only con is packaging but I do love NARS..

Boo to NARS for making a lovely but very expensive lipstick and forcing us to sharpen it. There's no reason why all products like this shouldn't be in retractable containers now, and I am done buying those that are not. Sharpen a lipstick and you lose like 3-5 applications, at least.

I bought this for my mom's wedding as a MLBB for her olive complexion, but I kept it afterward. On my fair skin it's a darker matte mauve that's ideal for bringing some color to my face and balancing out a smokier eye. I love the texture of this lipstick- "velvet" is a really good way to describe it. It feels truly lovely on the lips. Staying power is average but some tint remains behind.

It's a real tragedy that it's packaged so wastefully, otherwise I'd be buying this product in a few colors. For this reason it gets a failing grade, even though the product itself deserves at least a 3. I'll re-evaluate if NARS re-packages. It's up to you whether you are OK with sharpening this much money away, but I can't afford that.

I 've seen somewhere Kylie Jen uses this. Its like a dupe for macs whirl but more mauve/rosy/pinker. So similar and i do like it. If you like whirl, you`re gonna like this one. This is more balmy. My only gripe is the price and the small jumbo pencil. Its like 1/2 size! It finishes real fast. But the upside is that it lasts and doesnt dry out. It glides easily due to its huge tip and balm. And i like the caribbean inspired name, exotic!

A beautiful matte nude lip. It's basically my lips but a shade darker, perfect for just defining them a little. It's not drying at all, especially for something with this kind of staying power. I've got this in a few different colours, including some of the Satin ones. I usually layer it over the MAC lip primer and a MUFE lip liner.

I love this lip pencil - the colour is my ultimate nude lip. Perfect balance of pink and brown, on my pale skin it gives a kind of 90s vibe that I have always loved. I like the pencil applicator and I've had no issues with the cap coming off in my bag, but I don't like that there is less product than most lipsticks considering the price (thus the 4/5). I don't find it to be moisturising at all, but its not so drying that I can't deal with it. This is the only lip product I've consistently repurchased.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really loved the color of this, it is such a gorgeous color. However, I'm not really a fan of the formula. It's matte, but it's very drying on your lips and it constantly made me want to lick my lips. I also didn't like the packaging, I always felt like the cap was going to fall off whenever I put it on. Overall, I don't think the price is worth it for the color.

By far my favourite lip product to date. I have a few velvet matte pencils and they're becoming the only lip products I use because they stay put, dont fade in rings or leave white lines on your lips and they dont leave your lips cracked and dry. Bahama has become my staple colour because it literally goes with every makeup look or outfit i wear and working in a store that sells nars products i can say that its flattering on almost any skin tone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love it! Is a nice cool brown colour that has the same tone of my lips! Love it. I do not like the fact that I have to sharpen it but I love the formula anche the pencil shape.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favourite lip pencil for every day. I love how its a matte dark nude and can sharpen and brighten your whole face.

I'm a huge fan of nars lip pencils to begin with, they are crazy easy to apply, have beautiful pigmentation, and stay were they should! No lipstick in weird places or faded in weird places to give you a crazy lipstick only on the outside of lips look. When this pencil fades from eating or drinking it turns into a beautiful even lip stain, which I love.

Could never leave the house without this pencil!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Perfect nude color for women of color. I am MAC NW45 and this? I can just slap it on and go, needs no fine-tuning or working with. No need to add gloss either. Perfect for work or play. These come in that gorgeous matte formula that manages to pack lots of pigment without being drying at all. I don't know how they do it but these are very comfortable to wear, there is no build-up in the corners of your lips and they last a good amount of time. I love this and will certainly purchase again and again. Beautiful browny-pink for the workplace.

Recommended for Medium Skin