October 26, 2014 | 1048 users online

Skincare - Face - MD Forte - Facial Lotion I

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by kfulghum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product about a week and .... WOW! Let me start off by explaining my skin: red, oily, dry in places, rough places, acne scars, very sensitive. This product has really softened my skin, so I don't have to use harsh, physical exfoliators. I just put this on at night, and my skin is soft and ready for make-up in the morning. I also see an improvement in my fine lines. This product is a little drying, but it's worth it. Also, they sell a cream for people with really dry skin. I am going to keep using this product in the hope that I will keep seeing dramatic improvement. I would recommend this!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2011 2:45:00 AM More reviews by cupcakes_yum

I would not recommend this as an AHA product. I used the bottle full and then tried Alpha Hydrox and Alpha Hyrdrox is far superior in my opinion. Post use i don't like the finish MD Forte leaves, a dry finish. I find that kind can make me break out more. I don't think as an AHA it was particularly effective. I find Alpha Hyrdox has totally cleared me up and is very effective.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Because I really like the cream version I got this for the summer and been using it consistently since July and my skin is about as exfoliated as it can get. My face has lightened and brightened over time and I feel that lotion is doing its job. I'm going to take a break for a week and continue with either the lotion or the cream depending on what my skin is telling me. I buffer this with moisturizer at nights when I feel tight.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Twiggy12345

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Edit: Oct. 2010 - Tried this is the Lotion II, gave me "red bumps" on my forehead and chin, going back to to Lotion I. This is a very good product period. It is also very expensive, ($50 cdn for 2 fl. oz) BUT a little goes a long way.A dime-sized amount covers my face and neck. It is an oil-fee 15% glycolic acid product. I use it on the nights I don't use my RAM/Renova, and it keeps my face clear, glowing and flake free. I order it in Canada off the e-skin care site, I haven't been able to find a retailer where I live. Not sure if I will go up to a stronger strength or not, this seems to be working for now, so I will continue to re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2009 9:42:00 AM More reviews by avalon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't decide if this product is doing anything or not...my guess would be no. It stings a little upon application, so you kind of think it's going to be this wonderful treatment that will really, really exfoliate. But on me, it seems as if it's not doing a darn thing. I haven't seen any negative results from using this, but not much in the way of anything good either. It *might* prevent breakouts a little, but by no means is it giving me a glow or making my skin look more refined, which is why I bought this product in the first place. I've been using it for over a month, so I think I've given it a fair chance. Maybe I just need to step it up to Lotion II, who knows?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I try some AHA products ( PC 8% AHA / DDF Glycolic Toner 10% / MD Forte Cleanser II / Jan Marini Bioglycolic Cleanser ) as this is the only thing that keep my skin clear and so far this is the best one for my very clog -combo - sensitive skin ( dry/flaky around my mouth ).I am on Retin-A at PM and this is not irritating for my skin at all as many others AHA products.I use it at AM under s/s.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by jlclarowe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great treatment for my combo acne prone skin. I am going to purchase the facial lotion II when I run out of this which should be quite a while. Makes my skin so soft and smooth.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2008 4:22:00 PM More reviews by BlueStars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Within the first week this product was doing wonders for my skin, making it more plumper and reducing redness. But a week after it broke me out and gave me horrible scars which still haven't healed.

I've stopped using it after a few weeks and tried to use it again but it broke me out again!

Think i'll steer away from this now.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2008 8:24:00 AM More reviews by gimmieshoes

After only 2 days of using this once a day, I've already seen a dramatic diminshing in the appearance of fine lines, acne scars, and overall improvement & smoothness in my skin.

I have tried EVERYTHING for my face and this has been amazing. It's expensive, but online you can look for discount codes & I saved almost $5 on a regular bottle.

I have been using this lotion with the Murad Clarifying Cleasner, because I am still waiting for my MDForte Cleanser to arrive in the mail. :)

I will update in a week or two with further results.

If it keeps up with the great results, this will definitely be my HG skincare line!

My only beef is the bottle is pretty small for the price, but you don't need very much of it. It stings a tiny bit when you put it on, but it goes away and in the morning my skin is soft and smooth.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2007 1:59:00 PM More reviews by thumperb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think I am the minority here. After using this product for 2 weeks now, I am positive that 1) It does shrink your pores especially around your nose 2) It does make your skin more even toned 3) It does make your skin smoother
However, I am breaking out everywhere on my forehead and my jaw area. I am 90%positive this is what is breaking me out.
I never break out and this is the only product I have been using in the last 2 weeks that's different from my regular stuff. So it could simply be that this product is too strong for me. It could very well be that I will get used to this soon. So I will keep using for a bit longer.