July 26, 2014 | 1112 users online

Palettes - Sugar Cosmetics - Storybook Sugar - Cloud 9

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2004 2:37:00 PM More reviews by ilovenoise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in the 'dream' and LOVE it. 5 glosses, 5 shadows for $20! The shadow is beautiful, as well as the gloss.
Thinking about picking the other one up in Cloud 9, great buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2004 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Mufie

I keep forgetting that I only paid $20 for this amazing little discovery. So reasonably priced and useful, I just had to share this product with MUA. All neatly organized into a plastic travel-sized case that opens like a book and can be closed with a little velcro fastener (kinda like a baby size Trapper Keeper for your Sugar!). Five lip glosses are on the left and five eye shadows on the right. A lip brush and a double ended shadow brush, as well as a mini mirror on the shadow side, are also included.

Lip glosses (from top to bottom): Champagne nude, golden pink (think a slightly darker UD X), orangey nude that works as a beautiful natural, glossy YLBB, sparkly pink with medium pigment and then this crazy grape sparkly color with blue sparkles - comes out dark shimmery plum with blue-ish sheen.

These glosses smell/taste like sugar - I can't discern different flavors (like the I Scream 4 Sugar l/g collection) but they're all sweet. The pigment is definitely darker than say, a Juicy Tube. Definitely just as much or more pigment than a Glossimer or Lipglass. Staying power is great, as they're kinda sticky, but I don't mind the tradeoff of sticky versus staying.

Eye shadows (from top to bottom): A champagne nude, a golden shimmery pink, a shimmery green turquoise, a peachy gold and peachy gold brown.

The shadows require a little bit of building to actually create color, so far I like them more as accents, bases or highlights than washes. But for a tiny travel case, there seems to be quite a bit of product, at least for me. I don't think I'll run out any time soon, and for $20 for 5 shadows and 5 lipglosses - I'm sold on this. It may be LE, so I'd scoop it up asap. There's also another one called Dream, that seems more for cool toned gals. This storybook works best for my gold toned coloring. It's a perfect little staple to carry around when I don't feel like worrying about packing my makeup bag to take out, and while I don't know if this baby will fit in my tiny Prada or Coach pouch shoulder bags, it's a light, easy stash. Definitely check it out before it goes away! continued >>