Bobbi Brown Travel Pouch with brushes

4.8

on 3/5/2011 12:44:00 PM

The cosmetic bag I have is copper in color (but not the Copper Diamond Mini Brush set with a Mini Face Blender, Eye Shadow and Eye Liner brushes), with three open compartments to put things into. The brushes that came with my set are the mini blush brush, eye shadow, eye liner and lip brushes. After tax, it was about US$50 at a cosmetics store outlet (no idea what the retail price was). I bought this set because I've been wanting to get the mini blush brush for years after reading about it in Lucky magazine; I already had BB's eye shadow and eye liner brushes, actually. The store had a similar set with one less brush and a different eyeliner brush for two or three dollars less; for one brush more and a cosmetics bag I can actually use, I decided to go for it.

What I wanted in a makeup bag was something that had a separate section for just the makeup brushes; this isn't perfect but it's close. One of the compartments is higher than the others, so my brushes for the most part, don't fall out of there, and I put my makeup in the two others.

This is the most precise mini blush brush I've used so I am quite happy with my purchase. I'd bought the mini Face Blender brush previously and it's not as exact. The eye shadow brush is also satisfactory (I also use a travel Shu Uemura 10 brush and a few Cat Cosmetics and Paula Dorf brushes to round it out). I have not used the eyeliner or lip brushes, although they come with lids, which is nice. If I lost this mini blush brush I'd have to repurchase. As to the rest, I could live without it.

on 10/10/2010 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

First off I selected no for repurchase because I don't need two makeup bags and if I wanted replacements of the brushes in the set I'd just buy full size ones! Anyways, I love this set and I love that my husband let me splurge on it!! I don't use the lip brush all that much because I already have one but I love that its capped so it doesn't get furry (because furry is GROSS). I use the foundation brush A LOT! I use it with my BB stick foundation, pot rouges and I've even used it to lay down my everyday minerals thicker. Recently my eyeshadow brush (the one in this kit) went missing and I was so heartbroken that I haven't worn eyeshadow in weeks! But I found it and I am so happy! Its an amazing brush that lays down color really well. You can do a full wash, crease and blend with this brush. I'm bummed that the plastic cover cracked too much to be useful and i had to throw it away. All in all its a great kit for $60.

on 7/10/2002 12:48:00 PM

A little pricey, but you will use this for the rest of your life. A great gift.

on 11/18/2001 12:28:00 AM

I got a good deal on ebay for this item new. It comes with 4 brushes, a liner, shadow, lipbrush, and blush brush. I wouldn't pay 80.00 for it, so that is why I wouldn't repurchase. And quite frankly, if I paid that much for makeup brushes, then I better not ever have to buy it again!

Popular Makeup Brushes