December 18, 2014 | 825 users online

Lipstick - Smashbox - Shade

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Laylalk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm not a huge lipstick wearer because I find that they're just too much work, and then when they fade I'm left with weird 'patches' of color and rings around my lips. I've searched and searched for a lipstick that was a gorgeous color but not totally opaque and fake looking.

This shade is nothing short of brilliant and gorgeous. Smashbox lipsticks are incredibly smoothing and conditioning on your lips, and this color is wearable day or night. It's a muted, wearable red with a slight brownish tint. My lips have more of a bright red undertone, so layering this on top creates a deeper look for me.

I wear it during the day alone, because even when it fades it looks even and doesn't get clumpy or pasty. If I want it to last longer, I use a little bit of primer on my lips and a nudish lip liner. I get compliments every single time I wear it, and a lot of the time it's because people think my lips are truly this color!!

Very flattering, highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2009 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Jennyjennyjenjen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous lipstick! Just slightly more pigment on me than a 'my lips but better' shade, a bit on the red berry side but almost brown-toned (rather than bright or purple). Fabulous for a polished but not obvious look and absolutely versatile. I received this in a swap and am so glad I did!!! I'm hoping it's not been discontinued...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2006 11:00:00 AM More reviews by meabee

This is a great reddish brown shade that would be flattering on almost anyone. It really is quite sheer and I find it a nice polished shade for day time/office wear without making me look too made up. The lasting power is excellent, which I find is the case for all of the Smashbox lipsticks. No taste or smell either which is also a big plus. Great quality and a definite repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2006 5:58:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

Shade is a pretty sheer browned red shade. It does appear in the tube to be slightly more rosy, but when i apply this it has a definite warmer tone to it and i dont see alot of pink at all. Formula has no scent, moisturizing and lasts several hours. Part of a kit but would retail for $16 individually. Comes in a standard black bulitt. Works well with my NC30 light olive complexion. Great neutral sheer red shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2005 4:09:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink710

I had this up for swap for a while because I seemed a bit too red for me but I recently decided to broaden my horizons and try this red. It's actually quite sheer. Applied with a lipbrush it like YLBR (Your lips but redder) A very natural look, it's a pity I decided to try this after having it sit in a box for months! I pair this with MAC's Whirl lipliner. Note: This is a glossy finish sheer lipstick with NO shimmer whatsoever. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2005 9:18:00 AM More reviews by KarenPie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has been one of my main purse lipsticks for quite a while now. It's a nicely moist medium red-rose. I'm not sure it's cool toned as previous reviewer said, seems neutral or even slightly warm-toned to me, though I can wear it even though cool-toned. A purse lipstick has to "do" with many looks, and this one does. Smashbox lipsticks/glosses are some of the best out there, in general. Got this as part of a QVC kit so was quite a steal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2004 10:41:00 PM More reviews by sunshine34

Now don't laugh at me but....I feel like Snow White in this lipstick!

It's a cool toned deep rose and looks amazing against my winter pale skin and Smashbox enhanced lashes.

If I want to play it up I use Enhance Lipgloss over the top. If I feel like toning it down I go for Illuminate over the top to make it pinkier.

As usual with smashbox I love the texture and depth of colour. The only brand I have bought more lipsticks from is Dior.

When I go all out and line my lips, apply, blot, and reapply I feel like a 40s starlet.

It's that kind of lipstick!