September 2, 2014 | 1177 users online

Accessories - Ugg slippers and boots

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

I own several pairs of these boots and they are super comfy and warm however they are not waterproof and I have slipped on ice so many times! Very expensive but they go with everything. They are nice to have but not an absolute necessity

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by celevia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I don't care what others say, but I LOVE Uggs!! Here in Canada, Ugg boots are a winter essential. with -30C temperature and inches thick of snow, they become the best thing you could find to keep yourself warm. They come in different colors and various styles, the inside fur are as soft as it can be. They keep the snow out and the warmth in, they are super comfy and you'll never slip on ice. I don't understand why people are giving them bad ratings just because they find them unappealing. What does one's personal taste in fashion have to do with reviewing the quality of the boots?! Well I personally find them cute and stylish, and a must have fashion piece.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I now buy knock offs as the price is too rich for my budget. Look these are not pretty, nor are they the same blight on society some make them out to be, they are not equivelant to graffiti on your front door. Are they part of the dressing down of society? Yes, no one on Mad Men would be caught dead in Uggs or Ugg knock offs, or would they? A few yrs ago I ironed everything, I was raised that way, talking sweats, jeans etc. Now I only iron dressier items, things you'd wear to work, and so on. I notice some categorize those who wear these type boots and for the record, I'm neither a slob nor lazy. I still care about looking pulled together and fashion. However,I have Raynauds Syndrome, I have an inability to stay warm, But its Ugg type boots that are really life savers. To have that fluffy, plush lining surround your foot and leg, is a huge help on cold NYC winter mornings. I feel surrounded by warmth even if I may look like I'm wearing glorified house slippers. I keep mine clean as best I can and replace them each season if they look too shoddy. I'm aware they are not meant for water or mud but as a lifelong NYer who walks everywhere, snow, slush, grime, are unavoidable to some extent. All that said, no one loves a great boot, high heeled and otherwise more than me. I prefer sandals to flip flops mostly, wear sneakers when working out mainly, so I almost feel I must apologize in advance for offending anyones delicate sensibilities. I am only thinking of my comfort and warmth., I know my niece almost a teen, loves them for school, and she has no such med problem like me. But I love the idea of her having the comfort and cushiness these provide her, all day long. Yes the world has changed and in a way I miss the look of everything ironed though ladies I confess, I don't miss all that ironing myself;)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaMarieT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, okay, we all know Ugg shoes are really boring and average and plain in appearance... But they're so freaking comfortable and durable! My feet are always so warm in these. And despite their yawn-worthy looks, they do add a special touch to certain outfits. They are perfect for the cold seasons, no doubt about that. Really, my only problem is that they aren't great to wear when it's heavy rain or heavy snow (and when girls wear them with shorts in spring or summer, but that's another thing entirely). I recommend investing in a pair. You won't be disappointed!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by bergsyfern

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried these on as a joke at the shoes store...but soon realized how comfy they were! They're not the most attractive shoes, and they're definitely not for wearing out in the snow....but great for cold weather.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2011 5:41:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I don't know why so many people hate UGGs. I happen to love them! I don't wear them too often out of the house since they tend to get dirty super quickly but during the Winter, I wear them ALOT around the house and they are so comfy and warm to lounge-around in. I just hate seeing people wear them during the Summer with short shorts. It just looks stupid that way. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

Sorry people who slam these, but the are awesome for walking in cold weather. Not great in the rain, but wonderful in the cold. Yes they are made of sheepskin, but the sheep are killed for food. I would rather their skin be used for something. They look just fine. I have had a pair for 3 years and they are still in good shape!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by DollParts7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Hideous, cruel boots. They remove the entire flesh of the sheep. They are not attractive, and cost about a hundred dollars.

I despise these boots; I have a very deep, deep loathing for the horrendous things.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 6:45:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I love Uggs.While I'm not usually one to jump onto a lot of trends that the world is wearing, I will wear Uggs. I think they're very warm and they always feel comfortable on. I guess I can see why some people think they're not the best looking thing, but I also think certain lengths are better than others, certain colors too, etc. I dunno, I think they're a no-brainer for casual days and running errands when it starts getting colder out, and for me they're more comfortable than my sneakers. I've had my current pair since 2006 and they're still in decent shape, but I'll def be getting another pair or two, maybe for next winter. I personally think they're cute. I probably wouldn't understand the hype either if I didn't own a pair, but after I got them, I can't help it. The only thing is they can get kinda dirty and I'm too nervous to wear them in really wet slushy weather. That and my soles are worn down a little- then again I guess that will happen after 5 years!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I agree with the previous review. They "might" be warm but I'd rather wear sneakers than these ugly things. I don't understand why they're popular or why people even wear them. I live in Minnesota and avoid them like the plague!